[ Unique Showcase ] My Unique design - to be released for 3.3, for you fellows summoners

"
Rusery wrote:
Currently no real good uniques that revolve around skeletons. I mean who's going to use Alberons Warpath Boots vs Bones of Ullr?

If your wanting to get 1k STR for the zombie headgear, these boots are quite a bit better than Ullr's boots. Personally, i plan on using something different for my skeletons but its hush hush till i get the build up and running :D

As for the unique, its pretty cool. I was initially drawn to the 'covered in ash' effect, since 20% increased damage taken is effectively 20% MORE damage inflicted, half a free support gem. Throw in a couple curses and EE, your hitting against -50-100% elemental resists, so might as well chuck added fire damage on the zombies.

This works great when you have 3-4 fire spectres and 3 fire golems in your build.

Skeletons hit freakin hard now too, they are in the same ballpark as zombies for raw damage. I'm just hoping this isnt another S grade drop like the zombie helmet effectively removing it from early gameplay (which was hugely disappointing).
Last edited by Asmosis on Jun 1, 2018, 6:08:18 AM
i really hope this does well....

i was so exited to see this new unique in the list, at least ONE thing for my little witch =).
might work well with the new combustion support or/and maybe even with ailments spread... would have loved to try it in pob but gems not included yet.

though i guess it won´t get to phys dmg levels, but we´ll see. i hope it does. more options are always welcome. =)
"
Earendel wrote:

No more suspense here it is and it's coming for 3.3 :

Are you sure? Is this for incursion?
Hmmm... I'm still trying to figure out how to convert the rest of the physical damage of the skeletons to fire. The closest thing I got to a decent idea was Chernobog's Pillar... I think I'll be having a ton of fun theorycrafting around this thing in the future.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I respec'd one of my Standard people (3.3 free reset, yay) to test this thing out.
It's amazing.

at level 74 (now 75) with decent cheap gear I had laying around and 2 of these with 25-30% burn (I wanted a short fuse), it's crazy.
- can summon 10 skele's per second
- POB say minion Instability is doing 30k (planned tree has 50k. but I'm under-leveled and not the same gear). so about 300k per wave. 1.2m with vaal skele.
- skeles themselves do 15k dps (no aura buffs)
- skeles with my setup last about 1-2 second before exploding (getting one 15% scepter should be about 5-7 seconds. so play around with what you like)
- at level 74 I did an alched t13 map deathless, even the boss
- I tossed on a Baron to get another zombie meatshields (10 total. 9 without baron is perfectly fine).
- it won't be winning any speed contests, but sure as hell is viable and a blast and safe.

10/10 awesome weapon idea. basically homing traps/mines that get a few attacks off before clearing the screen.

character: Propane_Accessories, necromancer. was also curious how occultist would be (profane bloom+vile bastion for ES tankiness and more explosions)
rawr. fear me.
This is probably my favorite build I've ever made so far. I'm running dual scepters for ~2 sec before they explode. With Vaal Skeletons I just instantly delete any boss. Phased bosses can be more annoying as in you have to delete them multiple times.

You really wouldn't want your skeletons to explode faster anyways. With 2 seconds they have time to move to their target before they explode. So basically they're homing bombs. I went with 3 solar guard specters for increased clear speed.

My gear goals is to get an elder bone helmet essence craft, a six link elder essence craft body armor, an elder belt essence craft.
well it turns out i sold it for 2 alch instead of letting it collect dust -.-
I bought 4 of them between 25-30% burn. 2alch-2c each. one near-perfect except the Attributes

really an amazing concept, Earendel. so fun.
rawr. fear me.
This item is one of the funnest things ive used in PoE in ages. Absolutely loving dual wielding these.
Just returning after a few years. Got my hands on 2 of these, and I'm having a blast. Thanks for this m8!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info