[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
ripslyme00 wrote:
Hello OP, I love this build, hands down most fun melee build! Just did Shaper last night first time as melee!

I would like some advise and feedback on my setup ! (I have tried your approach, but I want to use my Farrul's Fur armour and I am trying to push a bit further down in Delve!! so instead of Raider, I took Jugg, and I took starting as Duelist [Yes I know it needs more points]) I took Jugg because he is immune to stun and I can always keep endurance charges and keep immortal call up.

I am in quite deep delve at the moment 315+, I find BF is a bit slow and lacking? and will die when I get surrounded and I am using Reave to progress, it is alright so far....

Another thing I have trouble with is BF, I don't seem to be able to maximize BF how do you actually use it? EG do you Release then charge to 6 release? or how is it done? (sorry I am a returning player and never experienced with BF before)

This is my build so far.

https://pastebin.com/DEzeiKrG

Yo dude, cool to see you decide to give this a shot and that you're enjoying it so far :)

In terms of BF: you channel to 6 (seen in the Buff Bar or when a sign and sound flashes up above your head) and then release. Then channel instantly again to 6. This makes a huge difference in DPS.

Your Build Variation is obviously okay to do, but your Tree (not the one from the Pastebin, the one you're using right now) is still missing a looot of Stuff.
Something like this is fine to do, but you will need to finetune it yourself:
Spoiler

Pathing from Duelist or Scion scentre to Claw Nodes is just inefficient and pretty bad in general.

Your Gear is obviously great in many terms:
extremely nutty Claw (wish I had that :P), great Stat Stick, Farruls Fur is cool, good Car Boots, Precursor gives free Onslaught and great Accuracy, well corrupted Tombfists, etc.

Amulet is decent offensively, but I recommend you to never wear one without Life.
Don't think the LGoH+WM Ring is needed at all, especially not for the WM. You can get rings that offer more Life, and thus tankyness and stronger Leech, and way more offensiveness pretty cheaply.
The Life Recovery Belt could be way better with more WED.

I can't help you out with the feel of BF, that's an individual question whether or not you like to play it I guess.
If you end up not liking it at all, a BF Build isn't for you :P
That said, you can always give the Molten Strike Variant a shot if you want. It's explained in the seond Post. Trees are out of Date, they still use 3 Meeks. Simply use the 2 Meek + Unnat Instincts setup if you wanna give it a shot.

Lastly, I don't think going Jugg is worth it for us. You can get free Endurance Charge sustain by socketing an Enduring Cry somewhere, or simply using a Herald of Ice + CoH WM ring.
1000 Accuracy is great, but that can be fixed on Jewellry easily on the main Buil.
Stuns shouldn't be an Issue with a high HP pool and killing Mobs quickly, but if you really wanna be safe you can always wear Kaoms Root in those Situations.

Hope I could give you some Ideas on what to do. Not sure what your Issues with BF are, don't know if I can give any advice there ):

"
Hello, help please, Kaom's roots good in this build?

Yes, we use it for Uber Elder only tho. You can obviously use it everywhere if you want, but I don't recommend it at all.
That's explained in the Guide tho, go read it :)
Ty for the interest tho!

"
Yokzjumper wrote:
Dunno if i played the build correclty (never ever played boss-killer builds), but i did a T14 (sadly not T15) Red Elder on 84 lvl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx0ch6Nm2MM (not public link, but if you want me to make it public - say so, not a prob)

Yes, i did it with mapping setup (bcs i have no money left for a boss-killer setup with Lightpoacher+Bubonic Trail) with shitty rings, im sorry if i disapointed you :)

my shitty gear:
Spoiler

Hey mate, no disappointment to be had :D

Gz on the nice kill!
You played that okay, but I recommend getting accustomed to BF a bit. Sometimes you let it run on 6 Charges for way too long, which is a huuuge DPS loss compared to Channel->6->Release->Channel->6->... etc.

That Claw is okay, but I HIGHLY recommend going for one with way faster Attack Speed next time. 5% local makes for a very slow Whirling Blades Speed (Base weapon Type APS doesnt affect Whirl, only the local mod) and 1.6 APS makes charging BF and the general smoothness suffer a lot.
Trust me, a 1.9 or higher APS Claw will feel WORLDS better :P I really recommend going for one quickly, despite there being better Upgrades to make for the same Currency in terms of pure paper DPS.

I'm very happy with the Jewellry you have there, you follow the Stat Priority nicely! Obviously it can still be upgraded, but that's already pretty decent in every regard.

The Stat Stick is okay, but next time look for one where you can craft Global Crit Multi (needs open Suffix) ideally. People usually sell those for the same Price as a similar Stick that can't have Crit Multi, as they rarely bother to check it/know.

A few more glaring things:
Grabbing the 3 Multi Nodes in the Scion Area is a huge DPS increase, especially with 3 Might of the Meeks. We only don't take these on the Unnatural Instincts Setup.
A Hatred Conversion Watchers Eye is essential for the Endgame Setup!
Does the Commandment of War on the Gloves proc often enough to sustain Power Charges via CoH? Really interested in that.

But don't take this the wrong way: a red Elder kill at 84 is impressive! Just want to try and point out some things to focus on :)
Feel free to keep us updated on where you take the Char, I think you'll have a good time!

"
Does the Commandment of War on the Gloves proc often enough to sustain Power Charges via CoH?

Honestly, have no idea, just bothered for now to run uberlab for better enchants :)
Thanks for criticism!
So I tried doing T16 Phoenix with the only rippy mod being Enfeeble, and I couldn't do it. The damage was very good, but I couldn't survive.

Disclaimers: I had Enfeeble and I wasn't running your suggested boss item swaps (Lightpoacher, flask swaps, etc). Do those items really make that much of a difference? I was just testing to see if I could do a guardian in the mapping gear, but apparently not. I was using ToH, Basalt, Diamond, Atziri's, and a Quartz.
On our abyssal jewels, do we focused on cold damage, as per your PoB link, or any elemental damage will do?
Hello, help please, it is claw good? He give 2% phys attack leeched as lfie, or Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks better?
"
Yokzjumper wrote:
"
Does the Commandment of War on the Gloves proc often enough to sustain Power Charges via CoH?

Honestly, have no idea, just bothered for now to run uberlab for better enchants :)
Thanks for criticism!

I mean, if you don't get decent Power Charge Sustain, just put the Curse on Hit Setup back together with Assassins Mark. Pretty much 100% sustain while mapping.

"
decyphier wrote:
So I tried doing T16 Phoenix with the only rippy mod being Enfeeble, and I couldn't do it. The damage was very good, but I couldn't survive.

Disclaimers: I had Enfeeble and I wasn't running your suggested boss item swaps (Lightpoacher, flask swaps, etc). Do those items really make that much of a difference? I was just testing to see if I could do a guardian in the mapping gear, but apparently not. I was using ToH, Basalt, Diamond, Atziri's, and a Quartz.

Cool to see you pushed to T16s :)

I mean, the only thing that can kill you on Phoenix is not dodging correctly.
You need to avoid his charge and the big explosion, and you have plenty of time to do that. And don't run into the fire whirlwinds too much, and kill Phoenixes if really needed.

The Bossing Setup only adds a lot of Damage, not tankyness.

6.2k Life is fine to survive Phoenix, if you dodge correctly.

Other than that, your Tree and Gear is suboptimal in 2 ways:
You need to fix you Res without that allres Node, but if you need it for now you can go grab one before the Survivalist Notable and drop the Travel Node there.
Also, an INT roll would be nice as well on one or 2 Items.

Not trying to diss you or anything, just wondering how you can die.

"
Quixote77 wrote:
On our abyssal jewels, do we focused on cold damage, as per your PoB link, or any elemental damage will do?

None of that, we want flat Phys, Attack Speed, Multi and Accuracy.
That's all in the Stat Prio tho.

Ele Damage is simply the cheapest to get tho, and it's still ok. Within the Ele Damage Stuff, all is basically the same for us.

"
Hello, help please, it is claw good? He give 2% phys attack leeched as lfie, or Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks better?

LGoH (life gained on hit) is INSANE and very powerful defensively, the Leech on the other hand adds nothing basically.

The Claw is okay, but not good/ideal. Offensively it's fine.
No diss offense taken, it was probably bad play more than anything. I'll give it a try again, and thanks for the tips on the res fix for now til I can get more from replacing my rings/neck.
"
Guffinn wrote:

"
Quixote77 wrote:

None of that, we want flat Phys, Attack Speed, Multi and Accuracy.
That's all in the Stat Prio tho.

Ele Damage is simply the cheapest to get tho, and it's still ok. Within the Ele Damage Stuff, all is basically the same for us.

Thanks for the reply. Another question if you please: Would a balanced res for wise oak + a ring with just phy damage and no WED (the other ring has both) be superior to a ring with good phy damage and good WED?

edit: did an estimation in PoB and the former seems better dps wise.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Oct 15, 2018, 12:28:33 PM
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Another question if you please: Would a balanced res for wise oak + a ring with just phy damage and no WED (the other ring has both) be superior to a ring with good phy damage and good WED?

Was about to say: only PoB can answer that for certain.
It always comes down to everyones individual Character.

That said, a strong rare Ring will be insanely valuable. Maybe try to balance your wise oak later on with good Rares :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Oct 15, 2018, 5:38:29 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:

Was about to say: only PoB can answer that for certain.
It always comes down to everyones individual Character.

That said, a strong rare Ring will be insanely valuable. Maybe try to balance your wise oak later on with good Rares :P

True. Well, the ring in question is ilevel 85 with a prefix slot opened for a slam, so fingers crossed there. Going to try crafting an elder chest as well to see how much comparable life I can get against a Belly. Should be fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info