[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hmm, this one did not show up, when I used your tradelink.
But this should be fine as well, shouldn´t it?
Crafted it today, and thought about keeping it, instead of selling and then buying a similar one? ^^

Rarity: Rare
Phoenix Desire
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 80
--------
+11% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+13% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
6% increased maximum Life
--------

edit 3: PoB says, this one guves more dps:

Rarity: Rare
Eagle Sliver
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
7% increased Attack Speed with Claws
+15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
7% increased maximum Life
8% increased Projectile Speed
--------

Thx as always. :)

edit: btw... will buy some bossing gear tomorrow, had some luck today.
- Crafted above Jewel
- sold another 4 Ex item
- Dropped 2 Exalts
- Kurgal dropped Command of the Pit with decent stats and 2 Abyssal Sockets
- Some Extraordinary chest (similar name at least.. Exquisite Armaments??) dropped a six-link Doomsower

So I might have some currency for shopping tomorrow :)

edit 2: Congratz for reaching lvl 100 :)
Last edited by ThngsLikeThis on Oct 6, 2018, 4:22:23 PM
Stopping by to say that this build has been the most comprehensive as to explaining the why, the how, and the whats from poverty version to riches.

Actually the best guide on this site, even if BF/Reave could be perceived as a little "boring."

Eziest uber elder I've ever done. Fucking deleted him.
"
VieiraCraft wrote:
Hey all, I was hoping someone could chime in on what to improve next for my character?

I just recently started the build and although I'm enjoying it a lot, I still feel kinda squishy and weak? I know I have to fix my gems (most are still not lv 20/20), but is there anything else?
I feel like I can't really improve my gear besides the weapon and the stat stick, but anything better than what I currently have delves into the dozens of exalts territory.

Since I'm not familiar with attack builds, I might just be missing something, so any help is appreciated.

Here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/CYPdxWbS

I think my profile is public as well, so you can look at my character called AleasHope in DSC.

Thanks in advance!

Hey mate, cool to see you playing the Build!

Sadly I'm kinda pressed for time here, as my Bed has been calling to me for the past couple of hours. Pretty sleep deprives, so only short recommendations without looking into PoB:

A rare Stygian with a good Jewel can always offer equal Life, Res and more Damage than a Darkness Enthroned. Most of the time it ends up with more of all. I'd recommend grabbing one from the Trade Links (Endgame Gear Section) with like ~80 Life, ~35% WED and some Res, and throw in an Abyss Jewel from the other Trade Links further down. That's way less than dozens of Ex :P That way, the Res burden on Rings and Ammy gets freed up as well, so that you can get better offensive Value there.

On that topic, Behemoth Grasp is your weakest Slot offensively, should be easy to upgrade that with a Phys + Accuracy + WED, or something similar, Ring. Can't tell for sure tho cause no time.

Everything else looks in order tho, you know how to Gear this Char very well! Upgrading the Stygian will make a big Life (and thus Leech, as it scales off of max Life amount) Difference, and can solve some squishyness.
If you still feel bad after these 2 gear Changes, I recommend trying out Vitality Void below Vaal Pact for stronger Leech.

Hope that gave you at least something to work with. Keep me updated on how it goes, next time I'll have a closer look :=

"
hammypants wrote:
Stopping by to say that this build has been the most comprehensive as to explaining the why, the how, and the whats from poverty version to riches.

Actually the best guide on this site, even if BF/Reave could be perceived as a little "boring."

Eziest uber elder I've ever done. Fucking deleted him.

And I fucking appreciate those words man :D

Still have some work to do, but very happy that so many people appreciate the Build :)

"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:

edit: btw... will buy some bossing gear tomorrow, had some luck today.
- Crafted above Jewel
- sold another 4 Ex item
- Dropped 2 Exalts
- Kurgal dropped Command of the Pit with decent stats and 2 Abyssal Sockets
- Some Extraordinary chest (similar name at least.. Exquisite Armaments??) dropped a six-link Doomsower

So I might have some currency for shopping tomorrow :)

edit 2: Congratz for reaching lvl 100 :)

Gz on the sick craft and drops mate! Don't spend everything at once. Or... do it like me and do it anyways :P

And thanks for the kind words :)

As for what I've been doing:

After hitting 100 with this Build (1 to 70 with Sunder, 70 to 99,5% with this Build, rest with my RoA one), I tried enchanting these bad Boys for Ele Pen in yesterdays awesome Lab Layout:

To no avail, obviously :P Ended up having to buy a pair for 25ex:

Not the best money decision obvioulsy (fuck Standard Enchant Prices btw, I'm piss poor there), but I like having the right Enchant :P
On the bright side, I farmed Lab for the first time in Ages and it has been super smooth. 3mins 20s or so was my fastest Time for a 3 Key + 2 Darkshrines run, and I have a bad recording of my first Run that I'll upload for the Uber Lab Farming Segment later on.

Currently working on recording some new Videos for both Guides, since the ones in this one one are from 3.2 and the ones for the RoA one from before Hopeshredder Buffs.
When I'm done with that, I'll give the Guides some work and post a little letter for my 100 journey later on.
Hi,

Been great so far, thanks for build

Appreciate any tips to improve my character, thanks

"
lecujh wrote:
Hi,

Been great so far, thanks for build

Appreciate any tips to improve my character, thanks

Hey mate, very glad you enjoyed it so far!

As for Upgrades etc.:
Placing the 2nd Might of the Meek in the lower Jewel Socket will grant a big Life while having the same offensive Value. Sure, you loose some Allres due to Sentinel, but that can get fixed easily.

The Abyss Jewels in your Gloves and Belt are okay, but you can veeery cheaply get better ones. Just go check out the Endgame Tradlinks for that, and try it out in PoB. Yours mostly have 2 good Stats (Life + X), but the conditional Stuff like Unholy Might on Kill or Crit Multi on Kill is pretty wasted. You can easily get decent 3 prop Jewels.

On that topic, "Normal" Rare Jewels tend to give more Power in the Tree for us and usually are cheaper. Again I recommend giving the Endgame Tradelinks a shot and copying the Jewels into PoB, to see if they can beat your Abyss Jewels on the Tree.

Your right Ring is very strong offensively, but I'd really recommend looking into upgrading to one with Life soon :P

One last cheap thing you can do is getting some Boots with ~100 Life for mapping, these usually are dirt cheap. Just remember that we don't need the Movement Speed.

In terms of Uniques the last thing you could get is an Unnatural Instinct Jewel, but that's usually left for later due to the price.

Overall you definitely got the gist of gearing the Char tho! Everything looks solid, and you seem to know the Stat Prio. Especially that Amulet probably won't be replaced soon :P
From here on out it's 90% about upgrading Rares slowly to scale Damage and Life.

Let me know how it goes for you, hope I could give you some useful hints :)

Just got done recording a couple of new Videos, gonna upload them tomorrow.
Hey, my friend has been playing this build and has been really enjoying it so far. However, he's run into an issue of survivability and isn't sure on how to upgrade his character further. This is a current pastebin on his character :
https://pastebin.com/ahzxp2ri

If anything changes, his account name is crogster, and his character name is CorgisScion. Thanks!
Hello everyone,

Maybe anyone have experience how is this build damage-wise if we compare to the standard "Sword physical BF/Reave" build?

I've started leveling according to this build, just finished Acts yesterday, but I felt really strange. The damage is just not there, I've tried leveling with both Reave and BF. With BF the damage is a little better, but still it doesn't feel strong at all. With Reave, well, every Rare monster felt like I'm killing Elder.

Meanwhile I've also leveled Physical BF/Reave this season and the leveling gone smoothly even with Reave.

Maybe this build scales damage way later? Or did I've messed up badly at some point.

P.S did I understood correctly, that we do not have 100% ele conversion? Only ~75ish?

Thank you for explanations and sorry if this sound stupid.
Last edited by Padashuruar on Oct 8, 2018, 11:43:57 AM
Hi Guffinn,

thanks again for your super build, the detailed guide AND for your individual help! Never seen this here before!

I bought a new claw (5 ex cheap imo!) and set up a very cheap bossing setup for uber elder (Lightpoacher without entchant with two cheap jewels, kaoms root without entchant, etc.).

I havent played the last 2/3 leagues, so i havent met "uber elder" before.

Today i steamrolled the encounter in my first try EVER with just two deads at the early beginning. This is your earning!

Thanks again!
"
hansoap wrote:
Hey, my friend has been playing this build and has been really enjoying it so far. However, he's run into an issue of survivability and isn't sure on how to upgrade his character further. This is a current pastebin on his character :
https://pastebin.com/ahzxp2ri

If anything changes, his account name is crogster, and his character name is CorgisScion. Thanks!

Yo mate, tell your friend that I'm glad he's been mostly enjoying his time so far :)

His Character looks solid so far, he has a decent grasp on gearing.
That said, if he struggles with Survivability there are a few things I can recommend:
The strength of our Leech scales off of the amount of max Life we have, so he could work on that.
Get some random rare Boots with ~100+ Life, these usually are only a couple of C. Remember that Movement Speed is pretty much a wasted Stat for us.
Replace that Abyss Jewel in the Gloves with another Murderous Eye Jewel, that has 35+ Life and 2 offensive Stats. Trade Links for that are in the Endgame Gear Segment.
While offensively very strong, that Coral Ring sadly lacks a bit in Life. I'd keep it for now tho because it adds so much Damage, but keep in mind that we ideally want more Life.
A Stygian Vise with 2 Res Rolls, 80 Life and 30+ WED should be cheap to buy, and with a decent Abyss Jewel in it will be a Life and DPS increase.

Aside from Gear, he can look into picking up Vitality Void below Vaal Pact for 3 Points, which will give stronger Leech as well.

Other than that, he looks to be on the right way :) From now on it's just about getting levels and slowly grabbing more and more of the Endgame Gear/upgrading some Rares.

Hope I could give at least some ideas, tho I know it doesn't look like much. Please tell me how it goes for him!

"
Padashuruar wrote:
Hello everyone,

Maybe anyone have experience how is this build damage-wise if we compare to the standard "Sword physical BF/Reave" build?

I've started leveling according to this build, just finished Acts yesterday, but I felt really strange. The damage is just not there, I've tried leveling with both Reave and BF. With BF the damage is a little better, but still it doesn't feel strong at all. With Reave, well, every Rare monster felt like I'm killing Elder.

Meanwhile I've also leveled Physical BF/Reave this season and the leveling gone smoothly even with Reave.

Maybe this build scales damage way later? Or did I've messed up badly at some point.

P.S did I understood correctly, that we do not have 100% ele conversion? Only ~75ish?

Thank you for explanations and sorry if this sound stupid.

Yo dude, cool to see you trying the Build :)

That exact Question is answered in the FAQ in the second post.
This Build is simply stronger than Phys based Foil Versions. I took the (super expensive) Character of a popular Phys Foil BF Guide Creator, transformed his Foil into a Claw and used my Tree and Gemlinks and ended up with way more Damage. And that's without even optimizing the rest of the Gear for our Stat Prio.
PoB is included there.

We have 90% Ele Conversion during the early gear stages of the Char (Moonbenders + Winters Spirit, like seen in the 60c Uber Elder Kill Video and the League Start Gear Segment), but later fall down to 80% (Watchers eye + winters spirit), simply because shaped statsticks are too op. And all the other Conversion options are strictly worse than what we can use, also explained in the FAQ in the second Post.

As for the levelling: Scions are harder to level than most other Ascendancies. That's simply how it is. After Merc Lab I make the switch from the Sunder levelling Setup to the main Build and map comfortably tho.
That said, a Champ for example carries bad gear way better than a Scion and thus has an easier (not faster) league Start. This Build caps out way higher on the Damage tho and is better on the Survivability, but requires fiddling around in PoB for proper rare gearing.

Your Gear looks solid right now tho, obviously. I'd recommend getting your Uber Lab done ASAP and transitioning into the Endgame Tree (take the claw nodes next obviously, they're big :P).

Hope that about covers it, let me know if it goes well for you :)

"
OberstGruber wrote:
Hi Guffinn,

thanks again for your super build, the detailed guide AND for your individual help! Never seen this here before!

I bought a new claw (5 ex cheap imo!) and set up a very cheap bossing setup for uber elder (Lightpoacher without entchant with two cheap jewels, kaoms root without entchant, etc.).

I havent played the last 2/3 leagues, so i havent met "uber elder" before.

Today i steamrolled the encounter in my first try EVER with just two deads at the early beginning. This is your earning!

Thanks again!

Hey Gruber, very happy that it worked out so well!

Glad my tips could help you on the way to Uber Elder, and 2 deaths on the very first try is pretty damn impressive :)

And a 370pdps Claw with Crit is a damn steal for 5ex, gz!

If you wish to continue the Character, an Unnatural Instincts Jewel (Tree for that is in the Trees Section) would be one of the last expensive upgrades to make. After that it's just about minmaxing Rings, Amulet, Belt and Jewels etc., tho that all looks good for you obviously :)

Hope you continue to have fun with the build, and it's been a pleasure seeing your journey so far :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Oct 8, 2018, 4:47:30 PM
UPDATED VIDEOS ARE OUT:
Deathless Uber Elder Run (~1:40, could be way faster)
T16 Haunted Mansion Clear (33% Pack size, 4 Sextants, Beyond)
T16 HC Version Survivability Showcase (200% extra Ele Damge, Crit Chance and Multi)
Uber Elder Kill on a 60c Budget (1 one-shot Death)
Deathless Shaper Run

Would appreciate some Feedback :)

100 Journey Post:
As some people have noticed, I recently took this Character to 100.

I started it in Incursion League as my Ele Conversion BF/Reave Char.
Levelled to ~70 with Sunder, went into Maps after switching to the main Build with a Wasp Nest and Moonbender (and a 3 offcolour Thunderfist for Reave).
Completed the whole Atlas and farmed all Content while slowly upgrading Gear until Level 95. At that point I was pretty beefed out and offered free Carries for all Bosses and Challenges again like in Bestiary.
Was a fun time, but after a week or so I decided to go for 97 and shaped my Atlas around T11 Underground Seas.
Why that? Many people know it at this point, but UGS is just a crazy map in terms of Mob Density and -Count. Super sick for Beyond Spawns, and also has a good Div Card (3 for 7 Alch). It's super easy to sustain, excess Maps sell very well due to the Popularity and the Exp/h is great for a T11.
At 97 I started offering Carries again, but quickly got bored with Incursion and quit the League.

On Standard I decided to toy around with the, at that point unbuffed and trash Tier Hopeshredder, and created my Build Guide for it after clearing all Content with it.

After Incursion ended, I realized I wouldn't have time, energy and the will to fully commit to Delve. I had a Vacation and some stressful University work coming up, so I decided to casually push for 100 on Standard whenever I had time.

I just continued with my UGS farm, and even on Standard without any League Mechanics to help out the map sustain was easier than expected. 20% Quality, Elder/Shaper Ping Pong and 1 white Sextant was all it took to heavily outsustain maps over a big sample Size (97 to 100). Honestly expected it to be a bit harder on Standard.

Mapping was super safe and fast as usual, but I had 3 Deaths from 97 to 100, all on Level 98.
1 was to a DC. When I got back into the game 10% exp were missing, nothing you can do really.
1 was me not seeing Ele Reflect on an Atoll map I had to do to fix my Elder Influence, and killing myself on the first pack. A true Ziz Rip :P
And the last one was to an offscreen Detonate Dead from a Martyrs Grip Mob, which is probably the most Bullshit way I ever died. No Build except invulnerable 100% Res Pathfinders can survive that, and there was no way to see the Mob which slowly crawled onto the screen after I died.
The rest was smooth sailing. Been sustainign ~11 Million EXP/H with a lot of Looting since I like my pretty loose Filter. Could go way higher in Poorjoys Rotas, or just spammed Beachheads. But I enjoyed the UGS more, and Time was not an Issue.
Actually pretty relaxing to listen to some Podcasts while blowing up Packs with big Shatters.

At 99,5% I swapped to my RoA Build to see how it holds up in the Speed Department. That was actually kinda prophetic, as the Servers went down right after I respecced for a Patch, and when they came back up again everyone using Vaal Reave was getting instant Crashed when using it :P

Exp/H was the same as with Reave/BF surprisingly. The actual Clear/Coverage of RoA is worse than Reave (when well executed), but the smoother maneuvering and looting in UGS' narrow corridors made up for it.

All in all a very comfortable experience: ~8,2k Life on both Builds, very strong Overleech, Freeze, Maim, Shatters, Life Gain on Hit for the Reaver, 62% Attack and 40% Speell Dodge all made it pretty safe.

So if someone decides to go for 100 with any of these Builds and has no problem with Grinds, which going for 100 will always be, I can only recommend it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info