Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

As an Xbox player, I feel this was the right move. It was already a bit cluttered for us and this just added to the issue.

Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
thank you so much guys i just hate bestiary so much i cant wait for it to end and never see it again so i can come back to poe,im playing in the flashback event tho its alot of fun.Cant wait for the next league!
"
Bestiary was my first league playing in. Is it common to end leagues so quickly. I didn't feel really comfortable jumping right into another league shortly after building several characters. But then again it's nice to keep it fresh, could be the diablo player lingering in me that wants long leagues. Oh well.. keep up the great work, maybe this time around i'll find a HH ;)

Leagues generally last around three months.
While I don't think that bestiary has yet to reach what I would call a finished state, in how it is played or what can be done with it, I will still miss it.
Well, splendid! I'm not alone in saying how much I really did not and was not engaged by yet another poorly targeted 'crafting' expansion.

Until I can target exactly what I want to modify on an item - line by line - I'll never particularly care about or for crafting in PoE.

But now I've got all of these beasts that I've no interest in juggling to use before the end of the league, and some named cat thing that goes to some cat lord realm and I *know* I can't beat that overtuned thing in yet another postage stamp sized arena so... I guess it's just a waste, unless some *other* method is introduced to make the very useful mods those beasts provide available to the rest of us scrub casuals.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
Qarl wrote:
While the Bestiary league took a lot of effort to make, and we spent a lot of time improving the league after its release, we have decided not to retain any element of the league in the core game for now.

thank you !!

pokemon is terrible and i was afraid you would put this into the core game and force it down our throats since you spent money on creating it.

that would have been a deal breaker and force most of your user base to quit the game.

i like playing Path of Exile and i do not WANT to have to find another game to play instead.

again, thank you so much for doing the right thing.

this is the best news i have had all year.

Thanks GGG,really dont like this league (and a lot more guys too).Thanks for this event too,saved the day for sure,lots of fun.
Good work guys.
So do you think we will be able to obtain the special uniques and their respective bosses at all in the future? I actually looked forward to trying them out eventually since I only ever used one of them so far.

Maybe make map versions of the bossfights drop, either as a rare drop or in some kind of special occasion like breachsplinters drop in a breach, maybe bestiary bossmaps could drop from rare beasts in maps occasionally.
The new uniques we´re still pretty neat.
So you could make the encounters with unique beasts a rare prohecy or something maybe?
So basically GGG realizes it screwed up with this crap pokemon thing and decides to remove it from the game. Good choice, I agree 100%.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info