Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

*Warning Rant*

I think this is a good decision. I like beastiary. But getting all the super rare items so easy was.. well actually good since i cant play that much. But it slowed down the gameplay a bit, which was nice for a change but not permanent.

We learned a lot from the development of Bestiary and are really looking forward to showing off our next, entirely different, league later this week!

Looking forward to this!!

Thanks for continous great work.
I enjoyed the beginning of the league, learning the mechanics and admiring the work done on the menagerie, but I also found the crafting, with the exception of the link recipes pretty useless. RNG gave my marauder "leveling" boots with movement speed for a caster, not a heavy armor wearer and so useless. I repeatedly had this experience. I'd hunt down the right mobs, kill them and end up with a result that wasn't worth the time. I simply stopped using the recipes or worrying about attaining them.

From my perspective, this is a good decision. I'm certain it was not an easy one considering how much time and attention went into this league, which was impressive.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
chadbishop wrote:
Funny to see all the folks without supporter tags being happy about this. If you really like GGG not including this in core, why not spend some money to show your support rather than make a forum post.
Because I'm not vain enough to display my spendings as validation for my purchases.

Funny, I make a blanket statement not naming anyone, but somehow you thought it applied to you. If you had purchases, you would have read my comment and moved past since you claim you didn't meet the criterion. However, you didn't do that, which means the criterion fits your spendings on this game.

Also, you have not one completed challenge for Bestiary, why should you even care anything about the league content?
Last edited by chadbishop on May 8, 2018, 11:28:18 AM
This simply why I love GGG.

Thank you.
gj you did it reddit a nice complex mechanic essentially thrown away good job
IGN: LarsPunkNado (dps ts/punture)
IGN: larshuijskens (max dps auramancer)
Nice to see you guys trying something new.

but at the end thank you for not making it core mechanic.
"
Toots wrote:
I enjoyed the beginning of the league, learning the mechanics and admiring the work done on the menagerie, but I also found the crafting, with the exception of the link recipes pretty useless. RNG gave my marauder "leveling" boots with movement speed for a caster, not a heavy armor wearer and so useless. I repeatedly had this experience. I'd hunt down the right mobs, kill them and end up with a result that wasn't worth the time. I simply stopped using the recipes or worrying about attaining them.

From my perspective, this is a good decision. I'm certain it was not an easy one considering how much time and attention went into this league, which was impressive.

Ennh... just as a side note: A lot of those leveling recipes ... you could put a set of white boots into the Altar and the spell would get cast on those. So for a lot of those, you could actually pick what base item you ended up with.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
GGG plz stop forcing ppl to play pokemon/zoo games.
if it went core, i probably wouldve never played this game again. thank god
Pls god, dont do this as core

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info