Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Well I'm a tad disappointed... From i
The start I thought it was bad as a league but good as an expansion.
I would have thought it would just pop up a bit later in the game when most tutorials stuff is out the way.
this is disappointing, but unsurprising.
We can see how much effort was put into crafting this league but I'm glad GGG came to this decision. After the initial wow-factor wore off the league was one of my least favorite to date.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
will the beast uniques still drop? i never got my hands on any =(
My biggest problem with bestiary wasn't the crafting, wasn't the nets, wasn't even the UI.

My biggest problem with bestiary was how ungodly brick wall some of the mods from mobs could be. You could be level 70, minding your own business, mapping and etc, and all of a sudden BOOM you're fighting a red beast harder than shaper, Elder, and all the guardians fighting you at the same time at once....

WITH ONE BEAST!!!!!!

And some mods would literally make beasts immortal, so if you weren't running a build that was this epic boss killer with 2 million dps you couldn't do anything. And if you tried to run the damn things would chase you across the entire map because even with a haste flask they'd outrun you.

^ Whoever balanced the power on beasts is out of touch. Not everyone should be forced to run single target uber boss killers just to progress through maps without feeling like they have to dumpster a map because a modded beast is out of control.

And before you say, "JUST GO AROUND" <-----In some of these instances the beast literally blocks your passage through caves etc.

The unique items where pretty cool and the crafting system was good. But my god....you didn't have to make beasts immortal just because some people on reddit were complaining about how the beasts didn't survive long enough to be netted....thats just bad...
Last edited by AndromedaDelux on May 7, 2018, 8:36:58 PM
By the way... class act not throwing the guy in charge of designing this league under the bus. I know it wasn't done strictly "in house".
Also, don't try to compare this league to other leagues. You are at fault for its faults, its not that the league isn't fun, the game isn't fun any more with all that shitty changes.
Good news :)
The Holy Bible
The mechanic of capturing was too clunky. Any build using Cull basically gets crapped on. You shouldnt be forced to use Necro nets because of your build. I also found it very dangerous to have to watch a red mob spawning all kinds of crazy shit on me so i could land my net at the right moment. Most of the time either I caused him to heal and go berserk or I culled him
IGN: DabrixRN
"
My biggest problem with bestiary wasn't the crafting, wasn't the nets, wasn't even the UI.

My biggest problem with bestiary was how ungodly brick wall some of the mods from mobs could be. You could be level 70, minding your own business, mapping and etc, and all of a sudden BOOM you're fighting a red beast harder than shaper, Elder, and all the guardians fighting you at the same time at once....

WITH ONE BEAST!!!!!!

And some mods would literally make beasts immortal, so if you weren't running a build that was this epic boss killer with 2 million dps you couldn't do anything. And if you tried to run the damn things would chase you across the entire map because even with a haste flask they'd outrun you.

^ Whoever balanced the power on beasts is out of touch. Not everyone should be forced to run single target uber boss killers just to progress through maps without feeling like they have to dumpster a map because a modded beast is out of control.

And before you say, "JUST GO AROUND" <-----In some of these instances the beast literally blocks your passage through caves etc.

That's pretty much how I felt. Except I hated the nets. Playing a slayer with built-in culling made it a pita. Which meant that I had to rely upon necro nets primarily and they are honestly either overpriced or hard to maintain. One net to rule them all would be nice, like just 1 necro net. The other issue is that occasionally all beasts on the map, you couldn't highlight them anymore at random. So then you were really boned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info