Too bad most of the beauty of PoE is wasted. Post your best shots.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep... GGG has a lot of artists. Maybe too many. They need another project for these people to work on so that we can simply play this game without it being re-invented every three months.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that GGG is adding more acts. Even with a 27" widescreen (2540 x 1080) the zoomed out view just doesn't showcase the artist details well at all. And since it's all about how fast you can race through the 10 acts very few are stopping to admire anything. It all is visually wonderful close up but damned that you can't play that way. But I play all arpgs zoomed out so PoE is no different. I probably miss tons of detailed artwork in D3 too.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Graphics Designer 1 to GD 2: *Mwuahahahah foolish mortals, they thinks thy designs of grandeur is wasted but nay we say! The grandest of designs are the ones hidden in plain sight. Just watch, ten thousand years from now, the seeds of Oriath shall lie dormant and safe within the minds of these primitive participants, and when the time of awakening is at its dawn, the true Oraith shall be reborn once more!*

Chris: Okay, coffee break is over guys, back to work.

Graphics Designers: Oh common Boss, we wuz gettin to the best part, join us, one more dice roll (gestures to the D&D game board look alike game).

//Time skip 10k years into the future.

Some dude reads this forum post recovered from the memory banks of some one remaining game console within a buried under the ground google data storage center.
Dude: Holllllllyyyy Shttttttttt! WTF DIS GUY from SOME 10k years ago PREDICTED TEH RISE OF ORIATH.
Dominus: BLASPHEMY! YOU ARE TO DESTROY THAT THING INSTANTLY, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE GOD HERE.
"
Arrowneous wrote:

While playing fully zoomed out we QQ that there is too many times of getting blindsided by off-screen attacks that we can't see coming. OMG how bad (frustrating) it would be if we played zoomed in even half way! The art detail is great, just too bad most players don't see it.

Fully zoomed-in gives you an epic over-the-shoulder view of the battle, but only on maps that are oriented to suit forward progression. It would be practical to play the whole game this way if GGG gave us the option to rotate the screen in 90-degree steps, allowing you to keep the action in front of you at all times. In-your-face combat is obviously much better suited to melee builds than ranged, a rarely appreciated perk to going melee. The hordes present more challenge when you give up the omniscient, zoomed-out bird's eye view.

Old picture, but one that captures one of the best spectres, the Wickerboys. I think they look especially good in Stygian colours.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
They sure do use zoom and rotate a lot in mtx sales videos though...almost but not quite false advertising.

You noticed that too. Some of of the new mtx videos are like "damn that's a cool and gorgeous camera angle... I'd love to get that while playing." But we never will. It is close to false advertising same as "simulated images" disclaimer when showing screen shots in a cell phone advert. WTF? Is GGG embarrassed by real screen images because of poorer quality? Is GGG afraid to use real in-game video footage because the mtx doesn't look as cool?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Heres my favourite moment from all my poe time. this shot took ages to time.

When the artist is done finishing the page
but then goes back to work on that one panel
because the chief editor told him that
the dead line is next instead of this week.

I will be a bit selfish but..

Spoiler

Hideouts are the best thing in poe!
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
DudeTheLegend wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Heres my favourite moment from all my poe time. this shot took ages to time.

When the artist is done finishing the page
but then goes back to work on that one panel
because the chief editor told him that
the dead line is next instead of this week.

HA! I can hear the VoiceOver. That is a great use of the meme. I don't know Charan enough to pick his reaction, I hope he likes your homage.

"
webas wrote:

Hideouts are the best thing in poe!

There. Hideouts are a fun part of the game.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Fun fact: Chiba Shigeru is our favourite voice actor to pick by his outrageous screams, and he's in a LOOOOOT of Fist episodes as random thugs. And is the narrator.

Dunno if that's the meme to which you're referring, but the GF and I are old, old Hokuto no Ken fans.

You guys sound like you are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about anime. I enjoy the odd long or shorter movie a lot, and don't tend to engage with series.

The meme is NANI?!. A dear friend I play PoE with says it at select moments, shortened to Nani?! I know the clip but more than that, nope! It's still funny to me XD

"
鬼殺し wrote:
To bring this back on topic, someone needs to get in there and screenie a facebreaker-infernal blow-extra gore zoom-in moment.

It'll make that ps3 Hokuto musou, 'Ken's Rage', look positively tame.

Spoiler
Even my modified quote is an anime reference. I'm fucking incorrigible.

Someone may just take that up :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info