[3.7 BUFFED] Phys Spec Throw Gladiator [SHAPER DOWN!] Uber Lab, Guardians, FUN, FAST & CHEAP!

Hi,been reading this build.. seems interesting! i've always been playing less played build in POE. Wanted to give this a try in incursion, even though i know all the new trap skills are juicy which will of course rake up the prices for fire related dmg/traps n etc, so playing ST might be a good choice.

since most of the items are uniques, does it mean that most of the min-max will be done w jewels mostly? I missed the ST mtx though, hopefully it comes back in time before incursion starts. lol.

looking at the block chance it seems that this build is quite safe, i'm not playing HC but dying at high levels are really frustrating. I've a few deaths even though playing totems build with 4.3k life/2.6k man for MoM at lv 94, so i guess i'm not been avery "safe" player. hahha!

Well, hopefully this build is still viable in 3.3!
"
churoshyo wrote:
Hi,been reading this build.. seems interesting! i've always been playing less played build in POE. Wanted to give this a try in incursion, even though i know all the new trap skills are juicy which will of course rake up the prices for fire related dmg/traps n etc, so playing ST might be a good choice.

since most of the items are uniques, does it mean that most of the min-max will be done w jewels mostly? I missed the ST mtx though, hopefully it comes back in time before incursion starts. lol.

looking at the block chance it seems that this build is quite safe, i'm not playing HC but dying at high levels are really frustrating. I've a few deaths even though playing totems build with 4.3k life/2.6k man for MoM at lv 94, so i guess i'm not been avery "safe" player. hahha!

Well, hopefully this build is still viable in 3.3!

Hi there. Your min/maxing for damage will come from high DPS on your weapons, and then wherever you can stack flat phys and attack speed (gloves, rings, amulet) and then your jewels. 3 prop jewels work very well for the build for a long time, I cleared all guardians and Shaper without a single 4 prop jewel.

This build is definitely very safe - you have a large life pool to tank most attacks, and nearly capped block and spell block means you're not getting hit often. This isn't just an AFK build, but you have no fears just leap slamming into packs.

I don't imagine this build will get nerfed in any way in 3.3. It's a pretty standard attack build and doesn't rely on any gimmicks, just good synergy between items.

Let me know if you try the build and how it works out for you!
I just wanted to say that I played this build for my 95 in flashback SC. Lvling was, well cosindering I was doing it with ST, not compareable to Sunder but def. doable. I then picked up some Grelwood Swords for 50c each that time pretty early and content just melted without any further investment.

Getting into red maps I started useing an Inspired Learning(Duelist Area) which helped a lot. A very nice item to push your clear even more are the Rampage Gloves.

After hitting 95 I went ahead and respect the nodes needed for Inspired Learning again to try out some bosses.

Normal Atziri is a joke, I did try Uber Atziri got Atziri to like 30% and dashed into double flameblast. Trio is really really tough considering I only have a 5l.

My first Red Tier Elder ever since he got released I killed deathless. I ran all T16 corrupted but Vaal Temple, doable but Phoenix is def. the worst one to fight. My gear is also not that good, jewels are pretty garbage but I am pretty much done for this race anyway.

Shaper is a mechanical fight u dont need 14mil DPS to kill him.

Had fun playing your build and thanks for sharing!

edit: Ignore my current gear been trying stuff out. Did everything with a rare Helmet with 100life and 5l Lioneye`s Vision
Last edited by GeraltvonRiva on May 24, 2018, 9:52:41 AM
Upgraded my character and its now in its final form. Got my 6L in like 600 fuse which was really sweet.

Curse on hit /w vuln gloves and poison thanks to having max frenzy charges. The vuln seem to help the most. I've also been testing out arctic armor, even though I'm blood magic, it doesn't take up a ton of health and makes me feel safer during chain mapping.

Current gear:

Finally killed a t16 boss, it was quite slow though. Forget the mods on the map, they may have had something to do with it. Got wrecked by pheonix and killed hydra fairly slow.

Upgrades wise for going forward will be perhaps culling strike as my corrupted shanks are not very good, not sure what else could be upgraded other then some new jewels and some more levels.
Last edited by AutoMatrixEH on May 25, 2018, 9:04:33 PM
Played Flashback SC with this build and it was fun. Leveling with ST was painful until i got Grelwoods, doing maps with 6-linked Lioneye's was much easier especially bosses.

I started with combination of riposte + vengeance + brutality and at the end of league i changed my neck to Impresence, so i get rid of those 3 gems and started playing with blasphemy+vulnerability.

I think that build with Impresence is slightly better but i had problems with Int for Blasphemy, i had to change one of 5% HP node to +30 intelligence.

I don't have Grelwoods with block chance yet i could facetank almost every boss on atlas,
every Elder Guardians yellow and red tier and Shaper guardians except phoenix, this guy was real pain in the ass, lol.

Yellow and Red Elder was pretty easy, i even got Watcher's Eye with Hatred mod.
Shaper was... well, it was my first ever encounter with Shaper, I didn't even watched videos with Shaper's fight, yet he ended up like this:

Overall build is pretty fun but lacks some DPS, i mean guardians are really tough to fight and i don't think I will be able to kill uber atziri, guess i'll try.

I would love to try Dying Sun, but didn't have the drop and it's too expensive for me.
Will it be adapted to new patch? I mean to 1 june?
"
Mirosiv wrote:
Will it be adapted to new patch? I mean to 1 june?

I don't think there are any changes in 3.3 that will hurt this build. Since Vaal Skills are getting worked into regular gems, might be worth it to run Haste/Vaal Haste. We'll see.

"
Really0818 wrote:
Played Flashback SC with this build and it was fun. Leveling with ST was painful until i got Grelwoods, doing maps with 6-linked Lioneye's was much easier especially bosses.
[...]
Overall build is pretty fun but lacks some DPS, i mean guardians are really tough to fight and i don't think I will be able to kill uber atziri, guess i'll try.
I would love to try Dying Sun, but didn't have the drop and it's too expensive for me.

Yeah this build isn't as great a boss killer as BF or other Glad builds, but I found it to be pretty good. Phoenix is a HUGE pain in the ass, I agree. I think his debuff is just too hard to deal with... Arctic Armor might be worth running for that fight. I've yet to do Uber Atziri with this build either, not sure how it would fair but would be fun to try.

I also thought Impresence+Blasphemy was just too much a pain to socket and get the stats for so I never bothered. I think level 1 CWDT+curse works pretty well.

Also, Dying Sun might not be as worth it as it is for other projectile builds since ST has a 0.3 sec cooldown per attack, not projectile. Congrats on downing Shaper!

"
Upgraded my character and its now in its final form. Got my 6L in like 600 fuse which was really sweet.
Curse on hit /w vuln gloves and poison thanks to having max frenzy charges. The vuln seem to help the most. I've also been testing out arctic armor, even though I'm blood magic, it doesn't take up a ton of health and makes me feel safer during chain mapping.
Finally killed a t16 boss, it was quite slow though. Forget the mods on the map, they may have had something to do with it. Got wrecked by pheonix and killed hydra fairly slow.
Upgrades wise for going forward will be perhaps culling strike as my corrupted shanks are not very good, not sure what else could be upgraded other then some new jewels and some more levels.

600 fuses is very lucky, nice job.

Phoenix is the worst guardian for sure. I hated fighting him too lol. I think the Snakebites with Vuln is a pretty cool addition to the build.

Your jewels could definitely be upgraded, and you have 1 more jewel slot to grab. The Path of the Warrior node by Scion is also not a bad node to grab next. I'm also surprised you're not running a freeze flask since you aren't using Kaom's Roots, have you been able to survive freezes so far?

"
GeraltvonRiva wrote:
I just wanted to say that I played this build for my 95 in flashback SC. Lvling was, well cosindering I was doing it with ST, not compareable to Sunder but def. doable. I then picked up some Grelwood Swords for 50c each that time pretty early and content just melted without any further investment.
Getting into red maps I started useing an Inspired Learning(Duelist Area) which helped a lot. A very nice item to push your clear even more are the Rampage Gloves.
After hitting 95 I went ahead and respect the nodes needed for Inspired Learning again to try out some bosses.
Normal Atziri is a joke, I did try Uber Atziri got Atziri to like 30% and dashed into double flameblast. Trio is really really tough considering I only have a 5l.
My first Red Tier Elder ever since he got released I killed deathless. I ran all T16 corrupted but Vaal Temple, doable but Phoenix is def. the worst one to fight. My gear is also not that good, jewels are pretty garbage but I am pretty much done for this race anyway.
Shaper is a mechanical fight u dont need 14mil DPS to kill him.
Had fun playing your build and thanks for sharing!

That's very ballsy of you to try Uber Atziri on a 5link lol! Using Inspired Learning is a very cool take on the build too, might try that next time! I did Vaal Temple and DPS was no concern, I was terrible at paying attention to the debuffs though haha. And as all the other posters have said, Phoenix is absolutely the worst guardian, so you're not alone there!

Thanks for your feedback and good luck next league!

I managed to down shaper also, on Xbox.
But it was a hard fight and very very close because I have done Shaper only one time before and that was with a high dps molten strike templar build in abyss.

This build is very good for lvling. I never died from lvl 93-96 and I run maps very offensively. Clear is also good. Only little downsight this build has is the lack of single target dps. It is enough for Guardians and you can do them deathless (except Minotaur fromt ime to time :D).

But if you are not mechanically good enough in the shaper fight and playing on Xbox it gets really hard.

This build got me Demigods Dominance alternate art with the 2nd place (Gladiator) in Flashback on Xbox.
Hey Goddog!
Just asking what ur plans are for the new season!?
Are u sticking with this build or do u have something else/ similar in mind.

Kind regards and good luck for the new season
"
xLuciferIX wrote:
I managed to down shaper also, on Xbox.
But it was a hard fight and very very close because I have done Shaper only one time before and that was with a high dps molten strike templar build in abyss.

This build is very good for lvling. I never died from lvl 93-96 and I run maps very offensively. Clear is also good. Only little downsight this build has is the lack of single target dps. It is enough for Guardians and you can do them deathless (except Minotaur fromt ime to time :D).

But if you are not mechanically good enough in the shaper fight and playing on Xbox it gets really hard.

This build got me Demigods Dominance alternate art with the 2nd place (Gladiator) in Flashback on Xbox.

Wow! Congrats on the Demi, that's awesome! Downing all the endgame bosses is also a huge accomplishment on Xbox.

"
Tyxx wrote:
Hey Goddog!
Just asking what ur plans are for the new season!?
Are u sticking with this build or do u have something else/ similar in mind.

Kind regards and good luck for the new season

Hey Tyxx. Not totally sure what I'm going to play yet - this build is still totally solid but I played it a lot in Bestiary and want to switch it up a little. I think I may do a Dual Strike Gladiator with The Wasp Nest/Bloodseeker... seems pretty good in PoB but probably not as tanky as this ST build has been.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info