[3.7 BUFFED] Phys Spec Throw Gladiator [SHAPER DOWN!] Uber Lab, Guardians, FUN, FAST & CHEAP!

Been playing this over the past few days as my blade vortex character failed horribly.

Gear:
(The rings are garbage, been lazy, will replace them soon to be res capped)

Flasks:

Switch for lab speedyness:

So far the character has been going fairly well. The weapons were quite expensive (40c each) and the armor as well (1ex), because of the colors, couldn't find anyone with vorici to color one for me.

Did merc lab with uncapped resistances no problem solo.

Boss damage is quite lackluster though, but it looks like once I get some more points obviously the damage will be greater. 20/20s will help a ton too, but they are too expensive as of now so that'll be for later.

Will be attempting uber lab tonight probably to get that sexy spell block chance.

Good build overall so far, thanks for the guide, very well done.

:)
"
Been playing this over the past few days as my blade vortex character failed horribly.

So far the character has been going fairly well. The weapons were quite expensive (40c each) and the armor as well (1ex), because of the colors, couldn't find anyone with vorici to color one for me.

Did merc lab with uncapped resistances no problem solo.

Boss damage is quite lackluster though, but it looks like once I get some more points obviously the damage will be greater. 20/20s will help a ton too, but they are too expensive as of now so that'll be for later.

Will be attempting uber lab tonight probably to get that sexy spell block chance.

Good build overall so far, thanks for the guide, very well done.

:)

The price of the weapons and body armor in this event compared to Bestiary is ridiculous. Hopefully they drop soon, if not they should be back to normal for the next league.

Too late now, but you probably could have just rolled 3 Red/2 Green on your chest instead of 3 Green/2 Red. Would be a bit of a dps loss, but would only cost ~25 chromes.

Yeah as far as damage goes, you still have about 7 pure damage nodes to fill out, plus your jewel sockets. If you get jewels with life on them, don't be too worried about speccing out of some of your life nodes temporarily so you can get those jewel sockets and pump up your damage. Each jewel should give you around ~1.5-1.8k dps increase and some life. You already know about your rings, so even if you get ones with Tier 4 phys (4-7 added phys), those will each be another 1.5k dps at least.

Thanks for commenting on my guide and good luck getting your Uber Lab!
Just wanted to say thank you for this build, I have had a blast using it in the flashback league. Finally decided to play a blood magic build after 4 years and it ended up being this one, the blood explosions are very satisfying to hear.

So far I have killed Atziri, Xoph, Tul, Abaxoth and some lichs deathless and up to T8 maps without any issues, looking forward to seeing how this build feels once I get better jewelry and quality gems. Also Esh is evil and won't move off the lightning orbs to die easily.
"
CranialEnigma wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for this build, I have had a blast using it in the flashback league. Finally decided to play a blood magic build after 4 years and it ended up being this one, the blood explosions are very satisfying to hear.

So far I have killed Atziri, Xoph, Tul, Abaxoth and some lichs deathless and up to T8 maps without any issues, looking forward to seeing how this build feels once I get better jewelry and quality gems. Also Esh is evil and won't move off the lightning orbs to die easily.

Awesome! Glad it's worked out for you. Yeah getting good jewelry really makes each hit pack more of a punch. How have you liked using Impresence?
Hey guys.

May I ask, if you don't play this league anymore and in waiting for the new league, can I borrow your armour and play it till the end of the FlashBack?

I will return it to you.
What's your dps? If it's not over 2 million shaper dps I think shield throw is flat out better, you can get a ton more life and armour with a shield and belly of the beast, and well over a million shaper dps
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Last edited by I0wa on May 12, 2018, 3:04:41 AM
"
I0wa wrote:
What's your dps? If it's not over 2 million shaper dps I think shield throw is flat out better, you can get a ton more life and armour with a shield and belly of the beast, and well over a million shaper dps

It's bleeding, how can we calculate dps?

One thing I can make sure, it can face tank guardians.
"
Goddog_ wrote:
"
CranialEnigma wrote:

Awesome! Glad it's worked out for you. Yeah getting good jewelry really makes each hit pack more of a punch. How have you liked using Impresence?

Its interesting so far, I haven't had a lot of time to test it since I got it recently and left town to spend time with my mother and grandma for mother's day. But so far the dps increase and defense have helped a ton in regular mapping. The maddening presence is up around 40% of the time in maps without beyond and close to 100% up-time on breaches and abysses, and if the map has beyond its up 80% or more. The biggest issue I am having though is being unique heavy, I want to swap to gripped gloves eventually but it has not helped that I corrupted +1 socket gems on my gloves while trying for vulnerability on hit.

Defense is now the main goal as I also work towards a incredible gem to spec out of cloth and chain for a jewel slot instead. Also intelligence is a huge issue, since we grab 0 int nodes I am force into grabbing the 30 ones so I can continue to level up blasphemy.

But otherwise impresence has been amazing. Makes me wish I had another socket for vaal breach but I have no clue how I would fit it in.
I play this build on Xbox Flashback event at the moment, so I can't link my gear, sorry.

But I can describe it. I am lvl 94 and my build is like yours except that I have a Starkjona's Head with 25% Spectral throw dmg. I am searching for a better one, but they are rare because of the smaller playerbase.

Yesterday I did all red Elder Guardians and even the red Elder (Basilica, lvl 15) deathless.
I can do Hydra, Phoenix and Chimera deathless. But I died 2 times against Minotaur^^.

Today I will buy Vaal Haste because I have the room for it and 31% atk speed is pretty good.

When I am lvl 95 I will test Shaper.

Great build!
"
Its interesting so far, I haven't had a lot of time to test it since I got it recently and left town to spend time with my mother and grandma for mother's day. But so far the dps increase and defense have helped a ton in regular mapping. The maddening presence is up around 40% of the time in maps without beyond and close to 100% up-time on breaches and abysses, and if the map has beyond its up 80% or more. The biggest issue I am having though is being unique heavy, I want to swap to gripped gloves eventually but it has not helped that I corrupted +1 socket gems on my gloves while trying for vulnerability on hit.
Defense is now the main goal as I also work towards a incredible gem to spec out of cloth and chain for a jewel slot instead. Also intelligence is a huge issue, since we grab 0 int nodes I am force into grabbing the 30 ones so I can continue to level up blasphemy.
But otherwise impresence has been amazing. Makes me wish I had another socket for vaal breach but I have no clue how I would fit it in.

Yeah Blasphemy is definitely tough to build around for a left side tree character. Might be easier to just keep it low level, but I'm not sure how much that hurts the range.

"
xLuciferIX wrote:
I play this build on Xbox Flashback event at the moment, so I can't link my gear, sorry.
But I can describe it. I am lvl 94 and my build is like yours except that I have a Starkjona's Head with 25% Spectral throw dmg. I am searching for a better one, but they are rare because of the smaller playerbase.
Yesterday I did all red Elder Guardians and even the red Elder (Basilica, lvl 15) deathless.
I can do Hydra, Phoenix and Chimera deathless. But I died 2 times against Minotaur^^.
Today I will buy Vaal Haste because I have the room for it and 31% atk speed is pretty good.
When I am lvl 95 I will test Shaper.
Great build!

Nice! That's awesome it plays well on Xbox too. If you have the space for Vaal Haste that will definitely be a good dps boost. Let me know if you manage to down Shaper, good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info