Could POE have already peaked?

"
IMSilver wrote:
I'm getting an ominous feeling about the game...

Sure, it is possible PoE has peaked.

I think you are mistaking your own personal taste and/or paranoia for evidence, with your whole "clearly GGG are rapidly moving to a 'pay to win' model".

Show me on the ducky where the new stash tab touched you...
History will tell. They've got this "expansion" in the works for a game that really is suffering from too much expansion. I'd personally put the peak at the consolidation of the game into 10 acts, rather than three difficulties. The re-work of the mapping, giving it some purpose, is nice but not as significant to me as the 10 act thing.

The could really mess up the game if they merge Bestiary wrong, and at the same time "expand". It's too much.

Players looking for an out will find one easily with all that change.

If it were my company, I'd have them work on getting paid leagues up and running, touch up Legacy, and call it quits for PoE development. Alternate 3 month Legacy leagues with 3 month new leagues with only variations on the old leagues... not ANYTHING like Bestiary. They have plenty of "what works" to make it on that.

Everyone not working on PoE could be assigned tasks in the new project.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 23, 2018, 12:29:03 PM
a part of me almost wishes that it did so we get a chance at a POE2.

POE2 has very little chances while POE1 still makes stacks of muns.

*Personally this is the most fun league I've experienced so far just because i made more currency than i usually do.
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Apr 23, 2018, 12:28:44 PM
POE is dying!!!! Won't somebody please think of the children!!!
I hope it did and that it normalizes, too many casuals trying to ruin the game nowadays.
Spreading salt since 2006
Game peaked in 1992 and has been dying ever since...
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Game peaked in 1992 and has been dying ever since...

That is probably because of the compatibility issues with Windows 3.1, which released around the same time. I blame 1990's Microsoft for the slow but certain demise of POE.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 23, 2018, 1:36:32 PM
"
IMSilver wrote:
I'm getting an ominous feeling about the game... like last year was awesome for POE... this year it seems to be on a downward trend. I'm just worried that 2017 was GGG's golden year and the best times are behind us. Like a whale that's aged goodly but inevitably it grows large and old and dies and rots on the ocean floor into make nutrients for bottom feeders. I just have a strange feeling that POE might be a similar whale about to wash up onto shore before its time was up... what about you guys?

Very vivid description, well done. I can almost hear David Attenborough narrating while bottom feeders are devouring the whale. :D

It's normal to think game has peaked, considering that 3.0, 3.1 and now 3.2 have sucked. But GGG can turn it all around in next patch if they choose to.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 23, 2018, 2:11:25 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
IMSilver wrote:
I'm getting an ominous feeling about the game... like last year was awesome for POE... this year it seems to be on a downward trend. I'm just worried that 2017 was GGG's golden year and the best times are behind us. Like a whale that's aged goodly but inevitably it grows large and old and dies and rots on the ocean floor into make nutrients for bottom feeders. I just have a strange feeling that POE might be a similar whale about to wash up onto shore before its time was up... what about you guys?

Very vivid description, well done. I can almost hear David Attenborough narrating while bottom feeders are devouring the whale. :D

It's normal to think game has peaked, considering that 3.0, 3.1 and now 3.2 have sucked. But GGG can turn it all around in next patch if they choose to.

3.0 sucked? That release was freaking great.
I don't see poe "dying" until there's a better arpg on the market. It will happen eventually but that arpg doesn't exist yet afaik. Whether it peaked in popularity is another question, probably not considering the reception of royale.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info