Could POE have already peaked?

"
Nubatron wrote:

3.0 sucked? That release was freaking great.

Yeah, it sucked. 3.0 was the patch when GGG killed pack density in maps.

Actually, 2.6 sucked too (AOE nerf), but Legacy league was so awesome, it covered up the sins of GGG's balancing department. We've had: aoe nerf, density nerf, xp nerf, nerf to map rolls (nerf to packsize, nerf to quant), map drop nerf = zero fun. Mapping is dogshit right now.

And when the game is not fun, people don't play. Noticed how dead this league was?
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 23, 2018, 2:30:49 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If it were my company, I'd have them work on getting paid leagues up...

...and that would instantly turn me into one of the 'haters'. The only game I've ever played where this actually worked well was LOTRO, and that's because you could earn points for micro-transactions to buy content by just playing. Granted, paying for it in LOTRO was faster.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

3.0 sucked? That release was freaking great.

Yeah, it sucked. 3.0 was the patch when GGG killed pack density in maps.

Actually, 2.6 sucked too (AOE nerf), but Legacy league was so awesome, it covered up the sins of GGG's balancing department. We've had: aoe nerf, density nerf, xp nerf, nerf to map rolls (nerf to packsize, nerf to quant), map drop nerf = zero fun. Mapping is dogshit right now.

And when the game is not fun, people don't play. Noticed how dead this league was?

Interesting if it was so dead that PoE had more players on average than it did during Abyss time. Kinda strange all those players stuck around for standard when they usually just leave but I guess it's possible (it's not) http://steamcharts.com/app/238960

(and I in no way mean bestiary was actually good)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-posts/IMSilver/forum-posts

Obligatory "check post history's guys"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Its nowhere near dead and will probably keep eeking along for decades.
I do feel theres many lost opportunity's at the moment, xbox poe is only 70% there and no sings of much improvement. Also the changes to map and item drops will affect a large portion of the player base who arent doing elder shenanigans.
These kinds of opinion posts are just that, entirely subjective. I'm still very much in love with poe as are many others. Some aren't, and that's fine too.
nop

5 years and still going strong
1 crappy league (to some) doth not a "downward spiral" make.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Game peaked in 1992 and has been dying ever since...

I think you meant 2001

Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
IMSilver wrote:
I'm getting an ominous feeling about the game... like last year was awesome for POE... this year it seems to be on a downward trend. I'm just worried that 2017 was GGG's golden year and the best times are behind us. Like a whale that's aged goodly but inevitably it grows large and old and dies and rots on the ocean floor into make nutrients for bottom feeders. I just have a strange feeling that POE might be a similar whale about to wash up onto shore before its time was up... what about you guys?

This game only had a short life-span to begin with.

I really really hope GGG unloads it to an American-based publisher/dev team that can devote the resources this game needs.

No sliders on a graphically intensive game in 2018, like for reals?

This should be priority number one, but isn't even on the to-do list.

Honestly.

This game was super fun, but now it's an MTX showcase paired with some dude who codes in a menagerie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info