Standart vs Leagues.

So my question for u guys/girls... there is even a reason to make new char each league? I guess a lot of players just play standart and they just dont care about leagues. Whats ur main reason.. why ur making new char each league?

+ Does each new league brings something new in standart?
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2018, 7:56:53 AM
league exclusive items?
"
So my question for u guys/girls... there is even a reason to make new char each league? I guess a lot of players just play standart and they just dont care about leagues. Whats ur main reason.. why ur making new char each league?

+ Does each new league brings something new in standart?

wrong, great majority of people play leagues and they give a shit bout standard lol
People play for different reasons. Let them.
Many reasons to participate in the leagues; New game mechanics and new league items, but most of all; a fresh economy making it possible to sell things.

As an example, I've been trying to sell these belts in standard

They're a bit overpriced now, but I had them all for ~20 chaos for over a week. I also had them at ~1 exalt for over a week. Just to see. And some of those belt are worth FAR more than 20 chaos. But, it all depends on the amount of players. And standard league just doesn't have the numbers. Sadly. It's not the players fault. It's GGG, for not adding something unique for standard league, as weekend rotating legacy mechanics or something like that. Standard NEEDS some love. No matter what the league players say, standard IS a big part of this game - and SHOULD get some focus/love.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 22, 2018, 1:54:47 PM
Well, to be totally honestly about this matter I don´t know how this practice actually works, but I guess some people just likes to make a new Character for every new League that is starting.
Guess for some it is just a "thing" of theirs.

Me for instance just HAD to make one new Character for a new League, you know. Not because of the League itself, but for the reason to be able to actually play the game. Yeah, so there, you go.
I`m not a vet, only 1 year here, but some leagues were interesting and fun like Abyss and Legacy.

This B is not. As you see for my 2.
So I play in Standard instead.
Some days. When servers around is somewhat alive ,)

In leagues I like when its easy to get stuff what worth up to 20x more than in Standard really for cheap. Its how I made about 70ex in St from only 2 leagues playing just casually. And after some shenanigans in St it will be soon or not that soon but will: 120-150ex. All fun.
Last edited by DarkJen on Apr 22, 2018, 2:25:00 PM
As someone who only started playing more in Abyss, I'm a mix of the answers already posted.

I use new leagues as an excuse to try new builds that I've been wanting to try, without feeling like I'm wasting time by doing same old content on Standard, plus get neat challenge items in the process. This league's portal effect I'm actually using it over my Innocence portal effect, think it's that good.

Also use new league to get 100 ex items on standard for 15 ex in new league. Having a constant new supply of things to buy + listed items sell faster makes the game that bit more exciting.

I see standard more as a souvenir for what I've done rather than for playing. Still enjoy looking at my h/o & 600 ex, that ironically continues to grow because of ridiculous standard prices.

I know some more hardcore players like creating mirror services in Stand"art", but it requires time, currency, and patience that's only for the top 1% of player base most likely.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Many reasons to participate in the leagues; New game mechanics and new league items, but most of all; a fresh economy making it possible to sell things.

They're a bit overpriced now, but I had them all for ~20 chaos for over a week. I also had them at ~1 exalt for over a week. Just to see. And some of those belt are worth FAR more than 20 chaos. But, it all depends on the amount of players. And standard league just doesn't have the numbers. Sadly. It's not the players fault. It's GGG, for not adding something unique for standard league, as weekend rotating legacy mechanics or something like that. Standard NEEDS some love. No matter what the league players say, standard IS a big part of this game - and SHOULD get some focus/love.

Those items are a reason why I play temp leagues, everything is grossly overpriced its not even funny.
"
Phrazz wrote:

well you arent wrong with that the belts are more then 20c ( prob more then an ex too ) but you forgot one important node....

For Mirror Price Range the only belts are Elder Stygian or Shaper Stygian ( rest is garbage )
For 50-70 Ex Range a HH is the way to go ( you can argue if elder / shaper stygian is better )
and For the 50 ex and lower range Stygian is the way to go ... all other Belt are jsut not in the needs

and sometimes is takes some time to get the right buyer lol

i need it 5 months to sell my 4x multi jewel ( global/light/ele/2hand ) for 15 ex

/E: but if you serious wanna sell those, it makes sense to overprice your belts XDDDD

pm your real price for Chimeric Lash thx
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Apr 22, 2018, 3:39:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info