I've died 10+ times this season on HC

"

And at all that mob crit multi discussion: Ahn's contempt + not using power charges + deceiver belt = 80% reduced extra damage taken from crits. And those items arent even as garbage as other wasted slot utility items like Stone of lawhar, so its really like 0 investment and 0 lost slots to get rid of mob crit multi once and for all.

Two low quality items potentially unrelated to your build, plus 3 jewel slots, doesn't count as 0 investments and 0 lost slots in my book.
In addition, one can also alternate his whole tree path and spend 3 points to get the indomitable notable for 100 reduction. Not an investment as well.
Or just brass dome - now that's 100% reduction with 0 investments. Oh, wait.
At the end let's not forget that a build should function somehow, not getting critically hit ain't a heal-all.

Crit mult can get reworked and globally reduced to like 115-120, a couple of items + enfeeble + a single map mod get adjusted accordingly, and power creep/damage multiplicators stacking suddenly stops being a significant factor in this aspect.
It looks like an easier solution. And fair as well.

BTW player's ability to stack crit mult should be taken a look at once again, as well.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 24, 2018, 7:41:04 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"

And at all that mob crit multi discussion: Ahn's contempt + not using power charges + deceiver belt = 80% reduced extra damage taken from crits. And those items arent even as garbage as other wasted slot utility items like Stone of lawhar, so its really like 0 investment and 0 lost slots to get rid of mob crit multi once and for all.

Two low quality items potentially unrelated to your build, plus 3 jewel slots, doesn't count as 0 investments and 0 lost slots in my book.
In addition, one can also alternate his whole tree path and spend 3 points to get the indomitable notable for 100 reduction. Not an investment as well.
Or just brass dome - now that's 100% reduction with 0 investments. Oh, wait.
At the end let's not forget that a build should function somehow, not getting critically hit ain't a heal-all.

Crit mult can get reworked and globally reduced to like 115-120, a couple of items + enfeeble + a single map mod get adjusted accordingly, and power creep/damage multiplicators stacking suddenly stops being a significant factor in this aspect.

Those 3-4 skillpoints for Indomitable just for the last 20% is too much. 80% reduced extra crit damage is enough to forget about it.

They arent low quality items, Ventrua played this combo actually on his lvl 99 bestiary hardcore ssf char. Belt of Deceiver has some hp, some str, some all res and enemies take 10% increasd damage and Ahns contempt has an acceptable life roll and all attributes. Whats so bad about that.

Enfeeble blasphemy works too, of course.

My point was that I dont get why you guys present mob crit multi as such an unbearable affair if there are acceptable ways around it. Those parasites are a pain in the ass without critting thanks to their high chaos damage hits.
"
fwd wrote:
Or just play normal league, HC sucks in this game.

You're not wrong.

"
torturo wrote:

BTW player's ability to stack crit mult should be taken a look at once again, as well.

This too.

See, predictability, at least a reasonable degree of predictability, is a prerequisite to tactical gameplay. Otherwise lawnmower builds will continue to dominate, for they are the safest. (And predictability relies on less spikey player damage as well, naturally.)

IMO, the dominance of lawnmower builds is the biggest sign of balance fail in this game:

1) Playing these builds has limited appeal. Feels like you are breaking the game (cheating), and also makes builds not sharing such characteristics not fun, since their clearspeed is so heavily neutered, relatively.
2) Tactical gameplay may be anathema to certain key GGG devs, but there is a significant subset of ARPG gamers who enjoy it. You will not disenfranchise the "blow-up-the-screen-with-one-button" crowd by throwing tactical gamers a bone now and again.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

This too.

See, predictability, at least a reasonable degree of predictability, is a prerequisite to tactical gameplay. Otherwise lawnmower builds will continue to dominate, for they are the safest. (And predictability relies on less spikey player damage as well, naturally.)

IMO, the dominance of lawnmower builds is the biggest sign of balance fail in this game:

1) Playing these builds has limited appeal. Feels like you are breaking the game (cheating), and also makes builds not sharing such characteristics not fun, since their clearspeed is so heavily neutered, relatively.
2) Tactical gameplay may be anathema to certain key GGG devs, but there is a significant subset of ARPG gamers who enjoy it. You will not disenfranchise the "blow-up-the-screen-with-one-button" crowd by throwing tactical gamers a bone now and again.
I completely agree with the sentiments here.

The most enjoyable parts of games for me are where challenge is substantial and significant, but that challenge doesn't consist of avoiding potential one-shots until I kill mobs a few seconds later. To me it feels like lazy design and it's not enjoyable.

I don't feel that hardcore necessarily sucks in POE. I do feel that to enjoy POE hardcore you need an unusually high tolerance level for sudden character deaths that are in no way your fault as a player. That might sound like a distinction without a difference. But, at least to me the "sucks" designation would be reserved for more fatal kinds of errors like "Cannot proceed without defeating boss X, but you cannot defeat boss X without dying at least a few times". YMMV.

I'm (still) getting adjusted to not playing on a potato of a computer. And, when I'm further along in the learning curve for the content that exists, then I'm likely to shift more of my playtime toward hardcore again.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Apr 25, 2018, 9:41:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info