I've died 10+ times this season on HC

"
noheal wrote:

I would never advice playing on HC if you are a new player.

Looks like you should join SC till you can level pass 90 so you can actually know your limits and them roll HC
I agree with this and I'm (personally) doing that now, with 85%+ of my POE gaming time spent in SC these days.

You need to fight some bosses repeatedly and get right back in after your character dies to learn their mechanics well. SC allows you to go right back into a fight and learn the mechanics better, while HC does not.

A mix of HC / SC might work for the OP, instead of purely SC.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
noheal wrote:

Looks like you should join SC till you can level pass 90 so you can actually know your limits and them roll HC

I've been playing this game for 4+ years. I've stated in my original post that I was able to hit 90+ every previous league before acts 5-10 were added. The content was scaled up to have random encounters that deal immense damage out of nowhere -- this is happening way more often. There have been so many leagues, additions, gameplay that has been cut out because there isn't enough room for everything. We're left with more frustrating gameplay that fun at this point.

Summarized: really, all it takes is one randomly modded monster to melee you and debuff you for something outrageous -- then you die.
Last edited by keshanberk on Apr 21, 2018, 1:36:52 PM
"
keshanberk wrote:
"
noheal wrote:

I've been playing this game for 4+ years. I've stated in my original post that I was able to hit 90+ every previous league before acts 5-10 were added. The content was scaled up to have random encounters that deal immense damage out of nowhere -- this is happening way more often. There have been so many leagues, additions, gameplay that has been cut out because there isn't enough room for everything. We're left with more frustrating gameplay that fun at this point.

Summarized: really, all it takes is one randomly modded monster to melee you and debuff you for something outrageous -- then you die.

click my acc if you want but being old in the game or playing since x number of years dosent make you good at it or is going to teach you the new boss figths or map bosses lol...

you should know leveling back them and now is way diferent and if you dont know the figth on bosses NoW and diferent encounters is asking to die on hc lol

and again I would never advice a new player to roll on hc for their first character. Till they can hit 90s and actually end a build and kill some bosses on sc.

Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
Last edited by noheal on Apr 21, 2018, 7:38:36 PM
"
keshanberk wrote:
I've been to end game maybe 3x on over 10+ characters for this season. I wouldn't even try to kill A10 Kitava on my own because the danger is too great for such a loss. However, I've been dying to mostly junk creatures from random occurrences. I can't really pin point the most obnoxious or unfair death. There's a possibility that none of it is unfair -- but it's more that the game contains too many random happenings and the power spike is too high. I would only play tanky characters such as a Marauder that went mostly life nodes, regen, etc. Even through 3-4k hp on act 9, I would somehow manage to die to something that would normally be irrelevant.

Although I love this game, I hate the random power changes. It used to just be specific bosses that would take you from 100 to 0, but now it could be anything at any point. I don't believe it's 'one shot' mechanics that are causing the problem, but it's more of creatures dealing immense damage in rapid succession due to random occurrence.

And the thing is.. these random and deadly occurrences rarely pay out properly for the absolutely overbearing risk. I feel like the game became more of a stressful job after acts 5-10 were implemented. I can't even enjoy HC anymore because I can't reach end game and stick with it. I would only play this game for the HC content. But things have changed drastically to revolve more around needing second chances. It's more of a gamble to play poe, and I often find myself losing the gamble.

Edit:
I was always concerned about the differentiation of softcore to hardcore. I was wondering if you would ever implement a method to show that a player conquered a mode that was exponentially more stressful, painful, agonizing upon that one mistake that got you killed. When I die on HC, it's like losing a family member. It's like being kicked out of my home. It's like being emotionally crushed by someone you dearly loved. And oddly, you -- GGG, have refused to create a differentiation between a mode where people sell the best loot because it never leaves the league, and a mode where everyone hoards basic items because they may have to restart at any point.

I only play this game for the fulfilling nature of hardcore. But the past 2 seasons/leagues have been so infuriatingly impossible for me, and I'm wondering how it became like that? I somehow can't even reach level 80 before death, when I was able to reach 90+ at least once per previous season.

At least create a differentiation for the modes. A fulfilling achievement of some sort. I want to play, but I'm losing morale in how unfulfilling each death becomes.

There's way to many strange happenings for me to play hc. Half the time I can't even find what killed me, I'll be cruising through the map, damage spikes and kills me, I come right back to where I died, and can't find anything, and I blow through the mobs that some how killed me, but now are back to being trash mobs.

This happens to mobs I've killed a hundred times, and the other 99 no problems at all, the strange happenings are so hard to predict
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Instead of dying 10 times and skipping Act bosses may be better to learn to play on non-HC league?

You can even continue playing some died character on Standard and have the same build on HC. Then practice each boss to kill him like 10 times deathless on Standard, then doing the same on HC. Otherwise you will continue to suck.

Or just play normal league, HC sucks in this game.
"
fwd wrote:
Instead of dying 10 times and skipping Act bosses may be better to learn to play on non-HC league?

This is the correct answer. If you're skipping act bosses you're not learning the fights, and if you're just going to skip sketchy content anyway then you might want to rethink why you're in hardcore in the first place.
Skipping bosses/mods/parts of the content is crucial for successful character progression. To know what and when you should encounter, in relation to your certain build. Up to the point you have power leveled those encounters and you can do them safely.
It applies to high level SC content to an extent, as well.
Part of ingame knowledge is expressed by clever tactics. The ultimate expression of it is on SSFHC, where you are impossible to progress otherwise.

Doing all mods and bosses at any cost means nothing, besides that one is more likely playing on SC with infinite lives and OP gear. Or sheer stupidity or over confidence.

On a side note, bosses got turned into gigantic HP sponges with overtuned damage, which drop nothing at the end, hence are killed once for the atlas completion.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
sometimes the game just kills your char, be it sudden damage spikes or technical reasons like disconnects.

i wouldn't play hardcore if i were sensitive to constantly rerolling my char. i would play hardcore if i had more time to play.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
sometimes the game just kills your char, be it sudden damage spikes or technical reasons like disconnects.

i wouldn't play hardcore if i were sensitive to constantly rerolling my char. i would play hardcore if i had more time to play.

I have all day, every day available to play. I wasn't sensitive in losing the first few characters. I normally hope to lose a character after I've found a drop which can be used in a later build. This keeps me enthused to return. But when you're consistently dying to monsters with incredible power spikes, it's disheartening. It's already heart attack inducing to meet a creature that takes you from 100% hp to 20% in a second, but it's mostly caused due to every other creature having a fair damage ratio. It's the pure shock of an enemy doing something out of the ordinary -- but it is fact an ordinary enemy, doing traditional things, but it's enhanced with a buff.

That being said, I've died another 2-3x since I originally created this thread. I've been watching my health bar to see what becomes dangerous. There are only a few static mechanics that can easily kill your character while journeying through the main game, and they're usually from being with melee distance of creatures-enemies. Such as the toxic parasites in Act 6.. since they degen you per stack or stop regen completely, they're only dangerous within melee distance.

Point is, the deadly mechanics only show up from a bad RNG roll on creature mods -- it's less about where you are in the game. Basically you'd have to be unlucky enough to meet a roll/mod that does incredible damage correlated to zone level. You see this probably 50% of the time with red beast creatures, but they're supposed to be difficult because leagues are only beta tests for GGG to see what's fair and unfair about the content.
Last edited by keshanberk on Apr 22, 2018, 10:34:04 AM
"
keshanberk wrote:

Point is, the deadly mechanics only show up from a bad RNG roll on creature mods -- it's less about where you are in the game. Basically you'd have to be unlucky enough to meet a roll/mod that does incredible damage correlated to zone level. You see this probably 50% of the time with red beast creatures, but they're supposed to be difficult because leagues are only beta tests for GGG to see what's fair and unfair about the content.

that's the core philosophy of poe, the intended "more difficult" scenario: you got a boss or monster that you normally master just fine but then a devourer with a "substantial more crit" or "substantial phys damage buff" aura comes along to join the battle and you have to be careful.

how that often works in practise is like with me yesterday where i did the map where you have a tunnel connecting two areas, leaving the tunnel and were met with 30+ buffed magic mobs insta killing me. at 90% xp to level 91. couldn't even hit alt+f4 that fast, cursed, closed the game with the plan to get a chicken script on space next but kept playing today without it. that's how it is since years. if i got a penny every time i rage closed the game and went to bed ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info