I've died 10+ times this season on HC

Monster damage values need to be more consistent.

I died yesterday in like t7. Walking through stuff, then all of a sudden, i got one shot but 3 normal white guys (no damage mods on map). The others ones did like no damage.
Monster's crit mult should've been taken a look at long ago - it's a great part of the issues with inconsistent damage and ridiculous damage spikes in maps.

Some may reply it's already low and fine. And it's true according to the story line. But as long as monster damage receives various kind of multipliers by map modding, it can go out of control and become unpredictable at times.

Yesterday ran an acid lake map: ele weakness, increased crit/mult, extra damage as cold.
6.6K HP, 15K AR, 74 cold resist after the shred.
No issues at all across the map, unless a white mob, one of those tiny little ranged bugs which spawn from corpses, hit me for 6.3K and froze me deep (around 2 sec)! Imagine how vicious the hit was, if able to break the HP threshold at almost max res.
This shouldn't happen.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 23, 2018, 3:52:45 AM
"
torturo wrote:
Monster's crit mult should've been taken a look at long ago - it's a great part of the issues with inconsistent damage and ridiculous damage spikes in maps.

Some may reply it's already low and fine. And it's true according to the story line. But as long as monster damage receives various kind of multipliers by map modding, it can go out of control and become unpredictable at times.

Yesterday ran an acid lake map: ele weakness, increased crit/mult, extra damage as cold.
6.6K HP, 15K AR, 74 cold resist after the shred.
No issues at all across the map, unless a white mob, one of those tiny little ranged bugs which spawn from corpses, hit me for 6.3K and froze me deep (around 2 sec)! Imagine how vicious the hit was, if able to break the HP threshold at almost max res.
This shouldn't happen.

It seems pretty clear that you hit a bug in the crit code.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I've had a similar experience to torturo with the parasites, both ranged and melee (but especially ranged).

There may indeed be a bug with their damage; perhaps there's an unusually high data entry in a key spreadsheet (ie: a typo) that increases the top end of their crit damage calculations.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Yup, there's definitely something wrong with this parasites, they hit abnormally hard on a general basis.
But what I experienced this time was at a whole new level, though.

Is it confirmed they are bugged?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I managed to die to A10 Avarius with 3.3k hp and 7 endurance charges. I just don't think I can handle this game anymore.
Just proves that you don't know what you are doin. I'd just ban you for being in al-qaeda
"
Nubatack wrote:
Just proves that you don't know what you are doin. I'd just ban you for being in al-qaeda

Makes sense as to why you have immense negative karma on reddit.
"
keshanberk wrote:
I managed to die to A10 Avarius with 3.3k hp and 7 endurance charges. I just don't think I can handle this game anymore.

Maybe try gitting gud. Somehow many thousands of players per league can get through him.
"
keshanberk wrote:

Well you should be levelling Blood Aquaduct only till lvl 73-75, then you should have some nice stuff, nice gem levels, some Beach/graveyard/lookout maps and 4000-4500 hp easily.

You can do that really efficiently while having 150 mio xp/h from lvl 60 till 73, just like at mapping (or old dried lake ^-) so it aint gonna slow you down and after that you just faceroll the rest. I never died again in act 10 after starting to do that.

And at all that mob crit multi discussion: Ahn's contempt + not using power charges + deceiver belt = 80% reduced extra damage taken from crits. And those items arent even as garbage as other wasted slot utility items like Stone of lawhar, so its really like 0 investment and 0 lost slots to get rid of mob crit multi once and for all.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 24, 2018, 6:18:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info