[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

"
DrawingFlies wrote:
i just got this build to L84, and i can already tell it's not going to work properly (barring have tons of EX to buy headhunters and such) against hard single target mobs and bosses. any high lvl mob i see with lots of buffs and charges just 1 shots me through all flasks and vaal grace. you lack any real defensive options.. perhaps https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Perfect_Form would be a good option to start to atleast boost our overall defense.

I have done legitimately all content with this build every single league since voidfletcher was introduced in bestiary, with relatively limited deaths (less than 10 by level ~93, generally). I've done all of it (except the rare bosses i've only ever encountered once or twice like aul) even with my budget almost-nothing-worth-over-an-ex versions. Yes, it is squishy... you're not supposed to be trying to facetank with it, flasks/vaal grace or not. Manual dodging is a thing. It works pretty well combined with the range and crowd control.

Level 89 rn, 80% to 90
4.1k life

So far I've done everything up to shaper pretty easily.
After prologue I could do tier 7+ maps easily and level quickly, and once I finally had money to buy and craft what I needed the build started to feel very strong.

I've done everything up to shaper so far. No uber elder yet.

To people struggling with survivability, you need to move, a lot. It's a bow build, ranged. You wanna keep your distance. We're not playing Point Blank.
I've had no issues staying alive on bosses and legion encounters.

The build is squishy, but not complain-worthy. I only die when I f*** up mechanics on bosses - particularly shaper and minotaur since there's limited space. Otherwise I have no issue staying alive and everything (trash) dies to 1 / 2 ice shots

---------------------------
@Shppy

My only issues is, single target feels week to me. Particularly on guardians and Shaper. Other normal t15 bosses die easily. Perhaps I'm used to higher damage builds, but is there anything I could do to improve?

I'm missing a watcher's eye, and some actually good jewels to slot in. Does the eye and better jewels make a huge difference?

As for TS, I was thinking damage on full life support instead of hypothermia and something else instead of faster attacks, but not sure if it'd be the best, or if I should stick with hypothermia.
why using death opus over arborix?
"
Rykk3r wrote:
@Shppy

My only issues is, single target feels week to me. Particularly on guardians and Shaper. Other normal t15 bosses die easily. Perhaps I'm used to higher damage builds, but is there anything I could do to improve?

I'm missing a watcher's eye, and some actually good jewels to slot in. Does the eye and better jewels make a huge difference?

As for TS, I was thinking damage on full life support instead of hypothermia and something else instead of faster attacks, but not sure if it'd be the best, or if I should stick with hypothermia.

well, idk what kinda dps you're used to, but for me the boss dps feels good. My hydra video from last league should give a good indication of the potential, even if that does have a little more cost (in particular from the +1 voidfletcher).

The watcher's eye is something of a big deal, yes. It's not a build-breaker, but the flat cold watcher's eye is somewhere around 15% more dps, more if you don't have good abyss jewels.

Damage on full life is okay, but i don't much care for that conditional dps. Hypothermia is conditional too ofc, but it's much easier to proc... ice shot guarantees chill, and you should make a habit out of using ice shot every few seconds on bosses to maintain the mirage archer. I prefer faster attacks over other options too. It's not just about the dps, it's also about the mobility of completing your attack faster and being able to move (and proccing voidshot more rapidly).

I would advise you to work an increased duration frostbomb into your setup. The -25% cold res is a big dps boost for bosses, especially for voidshot, and with inc duration the debuff will last long enough that you don't have to replace it too frequently.

(and i'm still firmly holding that herald of purity > herald of ice, it's about the same damage to attacks in the end the sentinels are much more useful than some low damage explosions).
"
DemiSandal wrote:
why using death opus over arborix?

opus has much better crit, both base chance and that 100% multiplier. Arborix also emphasizes close range and has that annoying iron reflexes mod, neither of which I like for my style.
Hello loving the build so far i have a few question's with would by better opal ring or a diamond ring

bonechill or hypothermia with one is better
Last edited by goldengoblin on Jun 26, 2019, 12:19:15 PM
"
goldengoblin wrote:
Hello loving the build so far i have a few question's with would by better opal ring or a diamond ring

bonechill or hypothermia with one is better

Opal should be a bit better

Bonechill is on ice shot so that ice shot's chilled ground makes enemies have ~16% increased cold damage taken, including from void shot and tshot. And because that's got a mirage archer, you can pretty consistently keep bosses on it. Hypothermia would be better for ice shot's own dps (although cold pen would probably be preferable in that case), but bonechill is better for the other two, which are more important for single-target and whatnot. Ice shot's dps will be fine for clearing either way.
Thanks for the build, it has crazy good damage. At 4369 life, killed uber elder twice so far. Self crafted helmet, body, and ring. I did buy a two toned base to craft for 1ex but I don't know if I should even bother with upgrading gear since there is no point. Would void fletcher firing additional arrow be a bigger upgrade than getting a helmet with +2 tornado enchant?
Last edited by mihts on Jun 27, 2019, 11:13:58 AM
"
mihts wrote:
Thanks for the build, it has crazy good damage. Killed uber elder twice so far. Self crafted helmet, body, and ring. I did buy a two toned base to craft for 1ex but I don't know if I should even bother with upgrading gear since there is no point. Would void fletcher firing additional arrow be a bigger upgrade than getting a helmet with +2 tornado enchant?

Imo you'd be far better off with the +2 TS enchant, because it is an amazing boost for map clear and chance to hit bosses. Going from 3 to 5 secundary projectiles is basically 66% more coverage. The additional arrow takes you from 6 to 7 arrows, so that's just 17 or so percent better.

Of course this only applies to the use of Tornado Shot. If you're mainly using Ice Shot or Barrage, the +1 arrow would be better.

If you feel like you got plenty dmg already, but wanna up map clear, you could also consider using the chain support. It's a big boost to map clear when using TS. Not sure about it's interaction with Ice Shot.

Another thing you could try out is using Barrage for single target instead of TS. Reason being Barrage fires all 5 void shots at once. Shooting 6 arrow x 5 void charges = 30 void shots instantly hitting the target. That's huge spike dmg and probably enough to insta phase Shaper or kill guardians. At least that's what it does on my build.

Hope this helps a bit. Cheers

Last edited by Fritso on Jun 27, 2019, 12:10:44 PM
What would you say budget gear would cost in total ? Also what sort of pathing should one go for on the skill tree? Kinda seeking some advice since I'd rather not like screwing up the tree from the get go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info