[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

:D
Last edited by goldengoblin on Jun 29, 2019, 5:43:05 PM
Could someone look at my gear and tell me if I'm missing something, please? I just hit 70 last night, but my gear (I thought) was pretty decent for just getting started with the build. I blazed through a t7 map 1 shotting almost everything, however I popped in a t10 map before work and hit the monolith and spawned one of the generals (the lady with snakes), I couldn't even dent her. She ended up despawning before I could kill her. To be certain, I'm still learning to play this build but I kept mirror archer going 75% of the time, and was using tornado shot to try to kill her and it was barely moving her health with each shot. Have I missed something along the way? I've got all skills from the tree minus the stuff down near vaal pact, and I'm still missing 2 ascendency keystones.
"
Pyrok wrote:
Could someone look at my gear and tell me if I'm missing something, please? I just hit 70 last night, but my gear (I thought) was pretty decent for just getting started with the build. I blazed through a t7 map 1 shotting almost everything, however I popped in a t10 map before work and hit the monolith and spawned one of the generals (the lady with snakes), I couldn't even dent her. She ended up despawning before I could kill her. To be certain, I'm still learning to play this build but I kept mirror archer going 75% of the time, and was using tornado shot to try to kill her and it was barely moving her health with each shot. Have I missed something along the way? I've got all skills from the tree minus the stuff down near vaal pact, and I'm still missing 2 ascendency keystones.

Just took a quick peak at your gear.

If you are using Tornado Shot, you NEED the helmet enchant on it.
Grab a Dying Sun flask as well - the extra arrows make the build significantly smoother and burstier for damage.

A Barrage setup can do wonders as well. Line up all the extra arrows effect and barrage over the boss, it'll fire all the void shots in one large burst if youy need it.
"
Raelena wrote:

Grab a Dying Sun flask as well - the extra arrows make the build significantly smoother and burstier for damage.

Eh, the tshot enchant really isn't that important, I haven't even bothered with it in the last few leagues since voidfletcher was buffed. I don't even think I had it in my original version of the build way back when VF was weaker and I was still strong enough to do all content. It's s nice dps boost and all, but entirely excessive and not really worth the cost til you're at the final stages of optimization.

The more relevant issue is you're kinda lacking as far as global cold damage goes. Added cold support is good to cover ice shot and tshot, but voidshot (which carries a great deal of potential dps) kinda needs you to get global sources of flat damage. That's why I use the flat cold Hatred watcher's eye, and use several abyss jewels, and make sure my rings have plenty of flat cold damage.

It'd help to use some of the gems I use in the more recent setups too. I've tweaked stuff around over the leagues for good reason.

You want frost bomb in your setup for getting -cold res, for starters. Without the pandemonius your void shot will have very little cold penetration, so it's a pretty big deal to carry frost bomb with you to help out against enemies with higher resists. Part of the reason you had issues with that t10 general could be because they have their own innate resists and your map mods probably added even more... they could have been up around capped resists against you while you had nothing to circumvent it.

It also helps to put bonechill in your ice shot setup instead of pierce... you already have omen on the winds, so you don't need pierce too. Bonechill will cause enemies on your ice shot ground to take ~16% increased cold damage from all sources, which means it's buffing not only ice shot but tshot and void shot too.

And while the next bit won't really help with the dps vs that general, you probably should go for herald of purity instead of herald of ice, too, if you can get enough strength for it. With the phys to cold conversion HoP adds pretty much the same amount of damage to your attacks as HoI, and the sentinels it provides are *much* more useful, they can bodyblock and draw aggro and just generally be a nice defensive help. And on my setup they cull bosses for me. Meanwhile HoI's explosions aren't that important, they deal very little damage because this tree has virtually no scaling for them.
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 29, 2019, 3:17:30 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Raelena wrote:

Eh, the tshot enchant really isn't that important, I haven't even bothered with it in the last few leagues since voidfletcher was buffed. I don't even think I had it in my original version of the build way back when VF was weaker and I was still strong enough to do all content. It's s nice dps boost and all, but entirely excessive and not really worth the cost til you're at the final stages of optimization.

The more relevant issue is you're kinda lacking as far as global cold damage goes. Added cold support is good to cover ice shot and tshot, but voidshot (which carries a great deal of potential dps) kinda needs you to get global sources of flat damage. That's why I use the flat cold Hatred watcher's eye, and use several abyss jewels, and make sure my rings have plenty of flat cold damage.

It'd help to use some of the gems I use in the more recent setups too. I've tweaked stuff around over the leagues for good reason.

You want frost bomb in your setup for getting -cold res, for starters. Without the pandemonius your void shot will have very little cold penetration, so it's a pretty big deal to carry frost bomb with you to help out against enemies with higher resists. Part of the reason you had issues with that t10 general could be because they have their own innate resists and your map mods probably added even more... they could have been up around capped resists against you while you had nothing to circumvent it.

It also helps to put bonechill in your ice shot setup instead of pierce... you already have omen on the winds, so you don't need pierce too. Bonechill will cause enemies on your ice shot ground to take ~16% increased cold damage from all sources, which means it's buffing not only ice shot but tshot and void shot too.

And while the next bit won't really help with the dps vs that general, you probably should go for herald of purity instead of herald of ice, too, if you can get enough strength for it. With the phys to cold conversion HoP adds pretty much the same amount of damage to your attacks as HoI, and the sentinels it provides are *much* more useful, they can bodyblock and draw aggro and just generally be a nice defensive help. And on my setup they cull bosses for me. Meanwhile HoI's explosions aren't that important, they deal very little damage because this tree has virtually no scaling for them.

I must have made a mistake somewhere along the lines, I thought that I followed your gem setups to the letter, I'll go re-read the guide. I didn't see anything about bonechill, frost bomb, or HoP. I'll go re-read right now, apparently I'm an idiot.

Edit: Man, I'm not trying to be a shit bag or anything, but I cannot find where you talk about those gems in the guide. In the gem section, it lists the gem links that I'm currently using. Am I missing something?
Last edited by Pyrok on Jun 29, 2019, 4:40:09 PM
"
Pyrok wrote:

I must have made a mistake somewhere along the lines, I thought that I followed your gem setups to the letter, I'll go re-read the guide. I didn't see anything about bonechill, frost bomb, or HoP. I'll go re-read right now, apparently I'm an idiot.

Edit: Man, I'm not trying to be a shit bag or anything, but I cannot find where you talk about those gems in the guide. In the gem section, it lists the gem links that I'm currently using. Am I missing something?

i haven't updated the actual gem section in a while, but my updates for past leagues and the gems i have socketed in my more recent gear setups have it all.
Probably already asked and answered, but can someone explain why we're using both ice shot and tornado shot?
And if you have only one 6-link, which one takes priority over the other?

Thanks a lot!
"
Unefougere wrote:
Probably already asked and answered, but can someone explain why we're using both ice shot and tornado shot?
And if you have only one 6-link, which one takes priority over the other?

Thanks a lot!

You use ice shot for clearing mobs and mapping and tornado shot for single target dps. I personaly like to use both on ts on ts and barrage.
Can anyone explain why Frost Bomb is being used since we use Ice Shot for clearing and Tornado Shot for single target?
man the amulet is getting pricier every day :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info