[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

That relates to my question: is there a way to make this build a bit tankier, other than repathing to get more life? More defenses? I only have like 20-25% evade, maybe 40-50 when I use my jade flask. I get one-shotted a lot by legion rares and some map bosses and whatnot. I'm using vaal grace, cwdt+IC+frostbomb...

I'm sure the blind from Pandemonius would help, but it's too expensive for me atm.
IGN: SirCritoris
Last edited by Nahsil on Jun 18, 2019, 4:00:07 PM
Hey Guys, Anyone else having any mana issues? I had to take a few extra nodes on the tree, but would like to solve this issue elsewhere if anyone has any tips.
Thank you

Edit: After digging on some information, I think I just lack damage to leech enough.
Last edited by Emphaze on Jun 18, 2019, 6:01:09 PM
I'm good between Voidfletcher's +mana on kill and the mana leech you get on the claw wheel...plus some mana leech on my gloves but I doubt it's that significant.
IGN: SirCritoris
After playing this for some time, I have come to the conclusion that this is extremely squishy as you go and try to collect the right items to replace some of the Synth items. I'm getting one shotted by a Legion unique in the epilogue, which completely took me by surprise.

My mistake was going through the skill tree at the wrong moments, which could wall players to a stop.

Not that hand holding is necessary or warranted, but with out a guide to direct players which paths to take from level 1-30, 31-50 and so on, this could impact newer players.

It's just a tad frustrating, even when the mistakes were made and I should have caught it earlier before the point of no return, rest assured a newbie can and most likely will make the same mistakes.
"
Emphaze wrote:
Hey Guys, Anyone else having any mana issues? I had to take a few extra nodes on the tree, but would like to solve this issue elsewhere if anyone has any tips.
Thank you

Edit: After digging on some information, I think I just lack damage to leech enough.

Use Thief's Torment until you can reach the correct nodes/items that will help you get over the mana hump. Just don't rely on it as a solid replacement
"
dperls wrote:
Have been thinking about this as a new build and curious how its been stacking up to legions/4-5 army battles. Is it too squishy?

Dunno, haven't done it yet this league.

Just made that on 3 essences, could work well with my build
Last edited by Lanzatron on Jun 18, 2019, 8:36:50 PM
I should have added that even with my own faults, I am having fun with this build. The challenges are perfect (not counting my own) and rangers seem to be my goto play style. Playing on the PS4 vs the PC has it's own challenges and it's own economy, which is a whole different hurdle.

I have a question regarding the claw portion of the tree. If I forgo the Lioneye's Fall, should I also not bother wit the claw portion skill tree?
Last edited by VomitChrist on Jun 18, 2019, 8:39:05 PM
"
VomitChrist wrote:

I have a question regarding the claw portion of the tree. If I forgo the Lioneye's Fall, should I also not bother wit the claw portion skill tree?

Correct.

With the way the tree is shaped now, if you want to forgo the claw area, you could still get a little leech from the duelist's leech wheel (just the first point for .4 life+mana should do well enough, we also get .4 from the blood drinker node in shadow's area). If you want to make up for some the the crit chance, the Dazzling Strike's cluster to the right of that will grant 90% chance and some increased damage vs blinded enemies, along with some blind chance. It does lack mult though, there's not really anywhere else you'll be able to make that up nearby.
What do you guys think of Starkonja's for a budget option for the helmet (assuming we can get our resists elsewhere)? I'm having trouble coming up with a reason for not really using it; it has all of our desired stats, minus the resists, and costs a whole lot less than a well-rolled rare would.

Currently I'm thinking about swapping from Tornado Shot over to Barrage, and if I six link Barrage, it will probably do quite a bit of damage even without the Voidfletcher explosion. If I can get 40% Barrage damage in helmet, forgoing the Assassin's Mark enchant, would it be worth it? I know Barrage hits like a truck on its own but since we're using a relatively low damage bow just for its additional arrows, it may just not be the right thing to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info