uber lab is deep sh*t for no regen/ES char

Lab isn't hard. Bring Bleed removal flask/s.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

You don't need to do lab to do end game, there are plenty of builds that could do it before lab,

Dahell are you talking about lol

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 17, 2018, 7:55:01 PM
"
Domah wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Domah wrote:
Guys, the problem is not that my build can't do it, it can, it's just it's a pain in the ass and it's very hard while my RF jugg can just walk around and somehow he finds the exit by casually walking by.

Run a no regen map on both chars and let us know the results. I am predicting that some content is easier depending on the build you are running.

I'm agree with you, that's totally the case.

So why force char to do content they do not builded for ?
It's exactly the point of my thread bro.

You aren't really forced.

For example, I wanted to run Atziri. Initially, I failed horribly. I revised build and tweaked a few items. Afterwards, Atziri became extremely simple.

Another example - I wanted to do uber, but after 25 or so trials I was sick of waiting and was able to finish last trial by finding assistance in 820. And while I've had many trials in maps since then, it was still a long while before the last trial I needed ever showed up in my own maps. If i was ssf, I would have had to wait though - but I chose not to run ssf for sheer convenience.

If you're running something relying on leech - it would make sense to learn to avoid traps and learn patterns. I'm just grateful that traps aren't insta kill - then I would understand the frustration for hc folks.
Yep, totally over league play.
Agreed, lab is pretty trash if you have no regen.

HOWEVER, I think that's the point. Labyrinth is meant to be a challenge, no matter how shitty it is for a specific build. It's actually one of the few things in PoE that requires you to build for it.

I think lab is fine as is, sure it sucks ass for your current character but you could always spend a few regrets to drop vaal pact and get some regen, complete uber lab, and then never deal with it again.

Farming uber lab is a different story, and it makes sense you would have to make a specific type of character to deal with a mechanic heavy instance. I think it's worth saying that I absolutely hate uber lab and barely ever run it, the layout is trash, the traps are trash, and the mechanic behind getting keys is trash... But it's only trash for me because I don't like that type of a challenge in this game, not because lab was a bad idea.
Last edited by ShadeyShadow on Apr 17, 2018, 9:15:00 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
...let alone some bonus from the lab.

Lab is pretty much mandatory, don't call it a bonus.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Lab is too easy as it is. I did DP in harbinger , respect, get speed, mvmt/life flasks and you’ll be fine. If you want to do runs. Make another char.
/thread
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Uber Lab with ES?
Bleed Totem says "hi".

Want to be immune to bleed? No problem! POE.trade has just the thing for ya: Death's Door boots. Discount price.
you don't have the cash huh? Yeah well fuck you!
Oh you have a Staunching Flask? Ok we will make you run multiple times through that fucking Bleed Totem, hitting switches.

Shit mechanic with even shittier ways to counter it: "wear that, or get the fuck out".

And we also got a thing that applies level 9000 Temporal Chains on you, and another thing that hurts you if you use Movement Skills.
Sometimes RNG will put them all right next to each other + spikes who sneeze sawblades, who spawn Roombas, who shoot spikes.
And then a Bleed Totem right next to the switch at the end because.... FUCK YOU!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 18, 2018, 1:59:57 AM
If your build can't do the lab then change it and respec back later.

It's only your fault if you're lazy/poor whatever excuse you have.

It's also never forced.
Just spec out of vaal pact for the lab, get some gear with life reg before and if you really need it, switch back before Izaro. It´s possible - don´t be lazy.
Ok guys.

My profile is public.
As you can see I did the lab with my char.
The point of this thread is not I can't do lab. So stop blaming me for being bad/lazy/stupid whatever else.

The thread is not here to say the lab have to be removed.
My problem with the lab, and especially the Uber one is this aera is designed to be very very hard for low regen build and easy as fuck for high regen build.

I have no problem with it since you need specific character for specific content.

But when you need to do this kind of content on every character, in every league, and it's gated by RNG, it's just stupid.

If you have a clusterfuck trap rng, you are just dead while sometimes you just have the trial next to the entrance.

It's dumb.

As I said, my RF char can trivialize the Uber lab and finish it by casually walking by.

You would answer "derp derp working as untended"
OK no problem with that, it's like Uber atziri, you need a dedicated build to kill her.

But you don't HAVE to kill her to finish your build.

You HAVE to do Uber lab on the other hand.
And that's why it's plain stupid.

And again, the Uber trials rng + the rng farming of offering + the rng layout in lab is boring and stupid.
I love lab, i don't think ascendancies should be done anywhere else.

I do agree that trap mechanics are unfair for some es builds though.
Maybe trap mechanics have to be toned down when it comes to dmg calculations in relation to ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info