uber lab is deep sh*t for no regen/ES char

if u play life u can craft a flask for walk on trap, if you play es trap dont do heavy dmg.
Ah yes, i really love solving the "Press quicksilver and cross your fingers" trap gauntlet.
The random clusterfuck of traps really challenges my build and this is totally what i've been building my character for, the entire game.

What's even more fun is the last boss room, having to dodge 2 attacks per second while not touching the 90% covered in traps floor, while random poison darts float around is my favorite. Totally what me and everyone specced their character for.
Last edited by Lothorienn on Apr 19, 2018, 12:30:45 PM
May The Holy Lab purge our beloved world from 4k builds.
Damn this forums looks more like League of Legends one as the days go on. Bunch of kids screaming "change your game because i want the shit i dont want to work for in any way". You know the lab is there, you know you will have to do it one day but you choose to not adjust your build in the slightest to make it easier to do. Hell you dont even need to change anything, just play better and as intended avoid the traps. But its to much work right? How GGG dares to force you to do more than holding one button for 30 seconds right? Its all on you and your entitlement. Thats the only thing that must be changed, your mindset not the game.
I soloed uber lab, but the whole structure of lab itself seems to have been designed with people sitting around a table brainstorming instead of actually playing the game.

Lets be honest, whats the appeal of diablo style games like this? Its about killing tons of mobs and getting loot.

Lab is about large maps that are mostly filled with traps, forcing you to backtrack for keys to advance and heavily punishes anyone who makes the slightest mistake, gets disconnected, or has to pause for IRL stuff and comes back to find that a mob came in from off screen to kill his character while he had to go AFK.

Im sure lab appeals to some people, its just not really the core audience of a game that is dedicated to killing tons of mobs. It wouldnt be so bad if the traps were optional (like, you could pick a route with traps or one with tons of mobs), but the isometric style camera and point and click controls are not very suited for the traps.

I play the game to kill tons of mobs and relax, not play hopscotch with traps.

Gating uber lab behind RNG of trial spawns which require you to waste time with traps is even more unfun.

Because of the low mob density and inability to portal, lab generates far less XP/money than maps or just progressing through the acts.

Some of the Izaro fight mechanics are also not really fun. Who wants to waste time running from idol to idol? Theres a reason why every build that does lab more than the minimum is built to basically end Izaro's phases nearly instantly without needing to bother with the mechanics, especially as you get an extra key.

The saddest thing about Uber lab is that despite all the time it takes, you dont get anything valuable most of the time. Chests? Vendor trahs. Level 75 vendor trash IIRC. Which cant even spawn the level 80+ mods that everyone wants. Nor can you get atlas only bases. Enchanting fountain? Wrong enchant for the wrong gear/build.

Theres a reason why most people only do the minimum for lab to get ascendancy points. Its just not fun for the majority of players. I can run one t14 map for 5% xp and make a few chaos orbs of profit (on average) in less than 10 mins...theres no way i can get that kind of return on lab, even though its supposedly lower level content.

And i seriously dislike any boss fight that relies on "lol if you let the boss hit you twice you die xdddd" mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info