Skill Revamps - Part 3

"
"
Necronus2828 wrote:
"

They have absolutely no clue what they're doing. That much is painfully obvious at this point.

But you do know what they plan to do, what they should do, etc... ehhhh, people are sometimes so full of themselves...

Sure. Read my post history.

"I still don't think they play test new gems and gem nerfs. If they do, they're terrible at it."

"I tried to play today for the first time in over a week, and it was just zero fun. I think I'm just genuinely sick of the decisions GGG makes on almost a weekly basis for the past 6 months. "

"I spent a lot of time being angry on the forums and now I'm just completely done caring. I think this all got too big for GGG honestly. They have zero direction anymore, and it shows from the not so well thought out leagues and new skills that aren't even worth using, to the knee jerk reactions from reddit complaints. They're in perpetual catch up mode. You'd think the players were creating the content the way GGG attacks their own mechanics after seeing them used. Do they even know what they want end game to be?"

"If you want to complain, go to reddit. GGG doesn't read the forum."
(btw, that's wrong)

"This is how GGG has operated for quite a while now. They have no idea how to adjust things. Incremental changes are a foreign concept to them. They just gut things and move on."

"I don't even care anymore."

. . .

. . .
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
Please revert the aoe nerf and vaal skill nerfs. Give the players more ability to customize and invest in their builds. It's not fun to play worse and worse builds, have less and less options.
"
yslgames86 wrote:
hey chris wilson stop making us walk one big round of your bullshit, if you want to nerf just say so, the reason you can be so arrogant is because there are tons of fanboys and whales supporting your company. I blame myself too. Ever Since your so call "PHILOSOPHY" it has been always nothing but nerfs, oh fan boys feel free to criticize or berate, I'm prepared.

just take the challenge, make your own game. and, once every 4 months, if one of your 90 skills is "viable" you buff all remaining 89 skils to also be "viable". repeat if neccessary.

it has the very valuable side effect of removing the usual discussions which skill is the best cause all skills can kill all opponents after 3 days playtime.

well, you won't get any streamers getting interested into your game and i also totally won't play it but at least you got a nerf free game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Anyone else's brain not understand what the rain of arrows rant was about?
"
Necronus2828 wrote:
"

Sure. Read my post history.

"I still don't think they play test new gems and gem nerfs. If they do, they're terrible at it."

"I tried to play today for the first time in over a week, and it was just zero fun. I think I'm just genuinely sick of the decisions GGG makes on almost a weekly basis for the past 6 months. "

"I spent a lot of time being angry on the forums and now I'm just completely done caring. I think this all got too big for GGG honestly. They have zero direction anymore, and it shows from the not so well thought out leagues and new skills that aren't even worth using, to the knee jerk reactions from reddit complaints. They're in perpetual catch up mode. You'd think the players were creating the content the way GGG attacks their own mechanics after seeing them used. Do they even know what they want end game to be?"

"If you want to complain, go to reddit. GGG doesn't read the forum."
(btw, that's wrong)

"This is how GGG has operated for quite a while now. They have no idea how to adjust things. Incremental changes are a foreign concept to them. They just gut things and move on."

"I don't even care anymore."

. . .

. . .

I thought it was implied that you should focus on relevant posts... Keep spending your time on this XD
"
fesru wrote:
Please revert the aoe nerf and vaal skill nerfs. Give the players more ability to customize and invest in their builds. It's not fun to play worse and worse builds, have less and less options.

^this
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
So, GGG tells us this about Barrage...

"We don't want to simply reduce the damage of the skill...We're currently trying out a version of the skill...and reducing the damage to compensate."

Oh jeez! You don't want to reduce damage, so you're reducing damage. Why not just say directly you're nerfing it and reducing the damage? Too simple? Too straightforward? Think people can't handle the truth up front? Adding a projectile doesn't compensate for reducing damage when not all Barrage projectiles hit since they're in a spread and not all in a single file line. So now its maybe 2 of 5 projectiles missing instead of 1 of 4 missing (before extra projectiles are figured in). So, taking a perfectly fine skill and just drop damage by 20% because you think too many use it? Yep, that's an improvement all right!

Instead of finding ways to fuck over the good things people like in the game, why not focus on making some of the bad things actually good? Or at least less bad? No one has a problem with Barrage, so there is no need to revamp it. If you want more bow users to use different skills, then make other skills more appealing/interesting. Don't make the skills people like less fun. If 100% of Path players want to do Barrage builds, so what? Let them! Screwing over things people like to get them to try something else, doesn't make them want to try something else, it makes them like the game less! And given the sheer number of other games available on PCs (nevermind console games, or mobile games!), liking the game less means losing players all because you want to force people to play stuff you want them to play instead of what the players want to play!

You really do need to unfuck aoe btw.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
glopus0614 wrote:

so according to snorkleUK, the only thing that should be used is a rare insanely crafted phys bow. and all unique bows should basically be trash lvling gear. riiiight that makes build diversity seem fun... oh wait, it doesn't. nerfing shit is fine, but by your statement and logic you are saying that the only weapons that should be good are rare phys bows... reach needed nerfing? they nerfed it to be a shittier version of death's opus, then nerfed death's opus to be shit as well. why not just remove all uniques from the game entirely and have everyone rely on just rare items?

there is no unique claw that can match a 350pds rare crit claw, same with 1h swords, same with daggers, with 1h axes, 1h maces...

now take those equiv roll tiers of a 350pdps crit weapon like that and put it on a rare bow, what you get would be shit compared to the original reach, prism etc. When reach was added there was a massive outcry that is was so idiotically strong that you would need a god tier crafted phys harbinger to even begin to compete with it.

My logic is sound and based on the correct thought process that achievable rare gear should almost always beat uniques, esp when it comes to something as simple as pure weapon dps. This is what creates an interesting item system rather than the kind of "everyone uses the same unique" crap you get in a game with a shit item system like diablo 3.

Sry if you dont understand these concepts but thats not my problem.
I'm liking the look of this, my blast rain trappers gonna be back on the menu after like 4 leagues of nerfs to his effectiveness (indirect tbh)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info