new armour ideas

i do see your point for the health bonus being to large, ok, how about just a 35% increased maximum life, is that acceptable?
hey it's trial & error, you can't always expect a great idea on the fly, besides it's my first time thinking of something new for POE so of course it would mostly be terrible to any of you, also how do you think the life bonus should be then?
i've taken a look at my armour & i've decided to reduce the armour rating to 4000 armour, all other stats will remain the same tho, increased maximum life will be 27%, the soul eater buff granted by the armour will only last for 30 seconds but when it ends you will lose all of your shields & 15% of your max life your Elemental resistance will be reduced by 15% for 7 seconds and finally your attack damage & move speed will be reduced by 10% perhaps this enough of a drawback but feel free to tell me if thiers to many drawbacks or not, & please don't leave behind any more negative comments.
Here's the thing... I know it has already been mentioned a lot of times, but an item that fills a niche that another item already occupies is very rare in this game. However, you item would fill three of those: one occupied by the brass dome currently, one by belly of the beast and the last by soulthirst.
Also, keep in mind that soul eater is a ridiculously powerful mechanic players should at best have VERY limited access to. Do you know how many souls you can get in 30 seconds? With the right builds easily over 200. Soul eater snowballs out of control VERY fast.
Another thing is that reapers seem more like the ES/Eva type to me (since they're most commonly displayed as robed skeletons that wield a scythe). A really fun take on the matter would be if you named it "Dullahan Armour" (which would fit the armour base a lot better, since dullahans are usually displayed as armoured knghts) and as a drawback disable the helmet slot.
If we're disabling the helmet slot, we can get away with some quite ridiculous stuff, since an entire armour category is missing from our equipment now.
The way I would try to make something like this, though it would still be rather OP

Dullahan Armour
Astral plate
Armour: (1422 to 1777)
Requirements: lvl 62, 180 str
+(8 to 12)% to all elemental resistances (implicit)

(100 to 150)% increased armour
(15 to 25)% increased maximum life
(30-40)% to chaos resistance
Ignore all movement penalties from armour
Gain soul eater for 10 seconds after killing a rare or unique enemy
Lose all souls when gain or lose soul eater
Socketed melee gems are supported by level 17 summon phantasm on kill
Trigger lvl 20 spine whip when hit
25% reduced light radius
Cannot use helmets

Spine whip:
Hits all enemies in a straight line up to the target and in a small area around it (the guy that caused the trigger) and blinds them.
Tags: Attack, Melee, Aoe, Duration, Trigger
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Duration: 3 seconds (blind duration)
Damage effectiveness: 100%
Damage multiplier: 150%
Blinds on hit.
Cannot be evaded.
Requires a melee weapon.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
hmm. thats an awsome armour type idea you have their, your right, my armour would best suit EV builds then, if thats the case then soul eater on my armour would last 15 seconds.

heres the new setup then

Abyssal Reaper Vaal Robe

shield (370 to 420)
Evasion ( 500 to 700)
Requires level 67, 180 DEX, 150 Int
+ (10 to 15%) all elemental resistances (implicit)

(170 to 230%) increased Eva
(150 to 210%) increased Energy shield
(12%) increased movement speed
(12%) increased attack speed
(2%) maximum life regenerated per second
(15%) increased effect & duration of curses on you
grants level 20 Mindswap skill
grants level 20 summon abyssal wraith skill
70% reduced effect of melee weapons & bows

well, thats my new redesign of the gear, tell me if you think it's right or if their is something wrong with it
It's right, GGG has sent me an email that they will implement your armour in the next patch.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
sweet, oh btw the mindswap skill will allow the player to take direct control of an enemey for a few seconds ( only normal, magic & rare enemies) the duration depends on the level & qaulity of the gem & what type of enemy, when your controlling the enemy your main body can't defend him/herself so you would have to relie on your minions for protection, the controlled enemy will be 30% weaker in attack & cast speed attack damage 15% less defence, you gain access to all of it,s abilites except for minion summoning/raising abilites unless possesed by a certain spirits.

the skills duration at level 20 will be 30 seconds, (35 seconds at 20% qaulity)

the controlled enemy also appears friendly to your minions & other players.
enemys you can't control are totems, uniques (for obvious reasons), minions of enemys, anything that can,t be dominated & converted.
Yes, this will all be possible, because the armor will have a text box where you can enter your own programs.
the wraith summoned from the Abyssal wraith skill is a powerful entity,

it's stats will be as follows

level 20 abyssal wrath

8000 life
2300 armour
800 energy shield

12% increased minion damage
100% increased minion life
12% increased minion movespeed
100% immunity to chaos damage, bleeding & poison
-25% lightning resistence
-5% fire resistence
20% cold resistence
can only summon 1 abyssal wraith

skill
abyssal cleave
80% phys 20% chaos
2% damage leeched as life
( 10% chance to cause 2 corrupted blood stacks & chaos DoT)

abyssal breath
100% chaos
4 second duration
8 second recharge
(50% chance to cause chaos DoT, 50% chance to blind)

bleeding bite
80% phys
20% chaos
4% damage leeched as life
5 second recharge
(80% to generate 2 corrupted blood stacks & bleed DoT)

Abyssal volley
100% chaos
3 second recharge
(50% chance to cause chaos DoT,50% chance to blind)

monster slowdown aura
permanentley active
(only player controlled monster to naturally have it)

abyssal blast
100% chaos
5 second recharge
(60% chance to cause chaos DoT, 40% chance to curse enemies with mark of chaos)

soul siphon
100% chaos
10 second duraton
50 second recharge
regenerate 0.5% life per second
(drains 0.5% of enemy health per second for 10 seconds)
(gives player & itself phylacteral link for 10 seconds, has 1 minute long recharge)

essence drain
100% chaos

abyssal unity
duration 25 seconds
60 second recharge
posseses player to give player small stat boosts
possesed player gains 15% increased attack damage & speed
15% increased movespeed, 15% increased character size, 5% increased damage reduction
25% increased chaos resistance
30% decreased shield recharge delay
-10% decreased life & mana regeneration
-25% critical strike chance & damage
-15% all elemental resistance
-10% shield recharge rate
aggro all enemies in range

bleed damage lasts for 10 seconds, Dot lasts for 25 seconds except for essence drain

well those are the monsters stats and abilies,
what do you think, is it ok or should i make some tweeks?
Actually, it is planned that wearing this armor will turn PoE into a turn based 4x strategy game, so there are a lot of game mechanics you still have to define. For example, it's not clear if Wraith Summoning has to be unlocked through Research or if it should be availabe from the beginning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info