Skill Usage Statistics

RF is the only combat skill that shows up on the "top 10" lists and it shows up on hardcore
really not suprised, from what iv seen hardcoreplayers seem to have no origionality and just cookie cutter the "top" builds
So is it safe to say there isn't enough focus on the other elements instead of just fire? I feel like with things such as Avatar of Fire/Xoph's Blood people can't help but go with Herald of Ash and Molten Strike, etc. Maybe in the skill revamp we also need to balance out the elements.
twitch.tv/whoisfuskee
Come hang out with me sometime, fellow Exile.
I agree with some people in this thread here, the statistics are interesting, but not necessarily the right way to present them imo.

It's logical that movement skills, golems and aura's are on the top of the list, as most builds use them. Getting separate statistics on movement skills, utility skills, and attack skills would be more interesting (like someone else pointed out, maybe look at attack skills that are at least 4-linked).

Also, a small clarification would be handy to know how you collected the data. You describe it as 'most to least used'. I assume you counted the number of gems equiped on character? Because 'using' an aura isn't exactly the same as using an active skill gem. Are multiples of the same gems counted or not? I think a lot of people tend to level multiple of their main active skill gem to increase their chances of getting a 21/20 gems in the long run. So that might affect the numbers.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:

"
Looking strictly at this list, it seems clear that fire is a popular damage type to build around.

That's because every fucking skill you make is fire, and you make sure that cold/lightning skills like Ice Crash and Storm Burst remain in the dumpster. Fire skills are blatantly favoured by your """balance""" team and the stats reflect that.

So true this and for years already as well. Most new skills released are fire based (tectonic slam and all the corpse spells from abyss patch. Want to play cold damage? You better go frostblades or something with vortex or go home. Wanna play lightning? Well thats a bit more diverse now tbh, but still waaaaaaay behind fire based skills.

Also all damage conversion eventually ends up at fire (since chaos conversion was nerved to not be a viable main damage % source anymore). I get why they can't change the damage conversion order but still; it would be fun to do some flameblast build that freeze if enemies dont dodge it in time since lightning damage number values are too inconsistent to do so consistently (with 3 drags).

Actually not a complaint; still like the game, just a wish (plus decent spell leech when? : )).
lol, first league where i also run a portal gem. the advantage of not having to pickup/handle portal scrolls is massive :-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
LuL really? show Class Stats....30% Juggernaut
Last edited by VendettaTerrorist on Apr 11, 2018, 8:05:17 AM
No surprise that the two best movement skills are in the top 5.

GGG, we need another movement skill used for escape. You either run leap slam if your weapon matches, or you run flame dash. Lightning warp is too slow unless you add gems to it and boost your caster speed.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Vaal Lightning Strike
Discharge
Power Siphon

Discharge 12th from the BOTTOM of the list???
How times have changed!

It seems that systematically nerfing good skills to "encourage" build diversity isn't working...

Unless I'm misunderstanding the information, I was wondering about a few things:

1) what does "use" mean, does it mean layouts where the gems were slotted, or does it mean the gem actively USED. If the latter, this is misrepresentative, because:
- combat skills would be overstated, because theyre continually used, but maybe less integral to builds than some secondaries, it might be a reason why mobility skills are over represented here, because of the click click clack factor which doesn't necessarily mean they are more important than other skills in the build
- CWDT and CWC kinds of skill setups would be not represented at all .. (unless "used" means also triggered as a result of a primary skill) .. example, Arc might be massively used but only as a secondary spell triggered by CWDT (same kinda thing as totem spells, whether/how they're reflected in the data)
- if use means actively used, it might be interesting to see use as meaning slotted, because for instance a skill like IMMORTAL CALL might be presented in almost all builds, but underrepresented in this data because it's seldom used and possibly even mostly used as a result of CWDT setups

2) Is it possible to look at the data from a different vantage point, excluding all data not collected from players over level 90 ? I'd be curious to see what setups are most used in end-game, in fact, it'd be interesting to see a break-down like:
Early game (0-40) Mid game (41-75) late game (76+) .. don't remark if my random numbers don't match your idea of early/mid/late, heh

My wife left me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info