Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:

You are right, i got it mixed up. I should think of better wording for that.

Any idea what should i do with stuns? You may have no actual problem on 10k life but until I manage to reach that number i start from 7k which is a number i get stunned especially in t15-t16 with several mods.

Get US with 4 extra passives?
I dont like Kaoms roots to have them all the time equipped since we do not have movement skills like whirling blades or shield charge etc.

Try Brine King pantheon. Or Stun Recovery flask. If neither seems good - you can get US for 3 points, if you have spare INT and change pathing towards Duelist. Also build is very tanky, but not immortal - might be that you are trying to tank some things you should not?
"
hwat wrote:
What about Watcher with increased fire damage? For some reason PoB doesn't have this mod \

I mean, if I'll use amulet with fire leech instead of watcher, plus watcher with 60% fire, how it is compared to Xoph+leech? Prices are WAY lower on both of them.

Really depends on how good of an amulet you can get - pretty hard to beat Xoph's even with fire damage on Watcher's Eye. You can also try getting leech corruptions on wands instead of amulet/WE.
I'm looking at the enchants for the boots, but I'm not sure which enchantment to take.

I'm looking at four atm:

- Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently (GREAT)

- 0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently (GOOD)

- Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently (GREAT)

- 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently (GOOD - play with CDR)

- Adds 45 to 68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently (Meh...)

EDIT: loving the build atm btw

I ran a few labs with twice enchant, and got this...

but I do wonder if it's better with 10% pen
Last edited by HeidePoE on Apr 19, 2018, 7:49:35 PM
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
hwat wrote:
What about Watcher with increased fire damage? For some reason PoB doesn't have this mod \

I mean, if I'll use amulet with fire leech instead of watcher, plus watcher with 60% fire, how it is compared to Xoph+leech? Prices are WAY lower on both of them.

Really depends on how good of an amulet you can get - pretty hard to beat Xoph's even with fire damage on Watcher's Eye. You can also try getting leech corruptions on wands instead of amulet/WE.

Well, bad thing is that they go in pair: I can't buy Xoph without fire leech on Watcher, and Watcher is pretty useless for just leech without good amulet )

The point is I have no idea how 1.5 leech is better than 0.5 on Elder amulet. Is it huge difference? Do I still need shitloads of leech for end-game? I've tried T15 last night, didn't have any problems at all even with 7k hp.

I still feel like I miss lots of damage comparing to your video, according to Pob my hits are about 20-22k, yours are 27, but boss takes like forever to kill (

Maybe it is penetration that makes difference, there are also "30% spell damage during flasks" on belt, maybe it is as good as cooldown?
"
HeidePoE wrote:

but I do wonder if it's better with 10% pen

I'd stick to regen.
"
hwat wrote:

Well, bad thing is that they go in pair: I can't buy Xoph without fire leech on Watcher, and Watcher is pretty useless for just leech without good amulet )

The point is I have no idea how 1.5 leech is better than 0.5 on Elder amulet. Is it huge difference? Do I still need shitloads of leech for end-game? I've tried T15 last night, didn't have any problems at all even with 7k hp.

I still feel like I miss lots of damage comparing to your video, according to Pob my hits are about 20-22k, yours are 27, but boss takes like forever to kill (

Maybe it is penetration that makes difference, there are also "30% spell damage during flasks" on belt, maybe it is as good as cooldown?

I can't really make a decision for you. I've shown how i went about leech (WE) and gave two other options that you might want to explore (amulet, corruption on wand). I can tell you that in my opinion leech corruption on wands with pen+damage WE is the best (also most expensive), followed by leech+pen WE (what i got) and for budget option - elder amulet with leech. If you feel like you really need leech right now - get amulet. If not - try to get leech on wands or save up for leech WE.

I loaded you character into PoB - you Shaper DPS is about 3-4 times lower than mine. Things that will boost your damage a lot from cheap to expensive: Wise Oak, quality gems + gem levels, additional corpse destruction enchant, Xoph's, CDR, WE. Right now you only have 3% penetration and every boss is very resistant to your damage even w/o map mods.

Hope that helps.
Just checking in to make sure:
- 15% CDR on belt.

PP CDR: 0.25s * 0.85 = 0.2125s (round up to 0.22s CD)

Frenzy with max frenzy charges = 4.15aps -> 1/4.15 = 0.24s attack time

Since you said it frenzy attack time just has to be 0.02s higher than PP CD, I think I'm good right?

Frenzy Tooltip w/ (3) Max Frenzy Charges

Volatile Dead

Frenzy Skill During (3) Max Frenzy Charges

Last edited by HeidePoE on Apr 20, 2018, 11:20:36 AM
Seems I miss like smth very important about the damage.

I don't understand this, really. I've loaded my PoB, added Xoph, added Watcher (despite the fact that I will never have 25-30ex to buy it), added all jewels with fire damage, added flasks for whatever reason.

Still hit of VD is like twice lower than yours. Twice. And I didn't even count +1 enchant and cooldown, they add like 30-40% more damage. So just single hit without any additions is twice lower. How the fuck, I don't understand it, sorry for my stupidity (
Last edited by hwat on Apr 20, 2018, 11:26:00 AM
"
hwat wrote:
Seems I miss like smth very important about the damage.

I don't understand this, really. I've loaded my PoB, added Xoph, added Watcher (despite the fact that I will never have 25-30ex to buy it), added all jewels with fire damage, added flasks for whatever reason.

Still hit of VD is like twice lower than yours. Twice. And I didn't even count +1 enchant and cooldown, they add like 30-40% more damage. So just single hit without any additions is twice lower. How the fuck, I don't understand it, sorry for my stupidity (

When i was looking at your PoB if we don't count "Covered in Ash", CDR and enchant - your damage was about half of mine. Rest of the difference is WE, gem levels + quality, Wise Oak and a bit from gear/jewels. So start with Wise Oak, get your gems to 20/20 and see what else you can get.
"
HeidePoE wrote:
Just checking in to make sure:
- 15% CDR on belt.

PP CDR: 0.25s * 0.85 = 0.2125s (round up to 0.22s CD)

Frenzy with max frenzy charges = 4.15aps -> 1/4.15 = 0.24s attack time

Since you said it frenzy attack time just has to be 0.02s higher than PP CD, I think I'm good right?

Frenzy Tooltip w/ (3) Max Frenzy Charges

Volatile Dead

Frenzy Skill During (3) Max Frenzy Charges

Seems good, but test ingame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info