Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

Looks like I totally don't understand some serious part of concept (

I've leveled my Jugg to about 80ish, and don't see any more "damage oriented" point on tree.
So my guess was that with Kaom, some damage jewels and same setup I'll feel how this build works.

However it was hard time to clear even t1-t3, and boss killing took like forever (

When I import my char and yours, difference in Volatile Dead hit damage is like 5 times. I understand this (I don't have xoph and jewels are shit). But according to your video DPS is SO HIGH, not 5 times, not even 20 times. You melt Minotaur in seconds. How this is possible with difference in hit just 5 times? \
Last edited by hwat on Apr 17, 2018, 11:10:22 AM
"
hwat wrote:

I've leveled my Jugg to about 80ish, and don't see any more "damage oriented" point on tree.
So my guess was that with Kaom, some damage jewels and same setup I'll feel how this build works.

However it was hard time to clear even t1-t3, and boss killing took like forever (

When I import my char and yours, difference in Volatile Dead hit damage is like 5 times. I understand this (I don't have xoph and jewels are shit). But according to your video DPS is SO HIGH, not 5 times, not even 20 times. You melt Minotaur in seconds. How this is possible with difference in hit just 5 times? \

Your gems for VD and unearth are wrong

VD = elemental focus, conc effect
Uneart = GMP and what ever else you want.

I was cruising through T5 maps sub level 75 with just 2 pens and some rare gear.
"
hwat wrote:

Seems like Drewtheman got you covered on that. THE MAN!
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

I think its highly possible, but i have to think over it a bit.

ALso i would very much like to know how you proc arakaali since you use it.
I cant see any way in your gear, do i miss something?

I'm sure it's possible, but the build as shown in gameplay videos and PoB can't, or at least i can't show/tell you how, i haven't even tried the fight, might turn out to be super easy. It might take good positioning or gem swaps, but i'll leave it at that until me or one of you guys can provide a video.

As for Arakaali - i have it for Uber Elder fight and i'm just lazy to swap it out. There is plenty of things to proc it in there.
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:

I'm sure it's possible, but the build as shown in gameplay videos and PoB can't, or at least i can't show/tell you how, i haven't even tried the fight, might turn out to be super easy. It might take good positioning or gem swaps, but i'll leave it at that until me or one of you guys can provide a video.

Just from the top of my head, during split phase, swap in the second set of poets pen which will have single target fireball-EF-FP and single target arctic breath-EF-CP.
We need single target so that no extra projectiles go hit the mirror clone.
You can also dont use extra projectiles on frenzy to be a bit safer.

This setup can kill the clone in 2 seconds, then swap back to VD pens.

If i miss something please let me know
Is it worth to get +1 endurance on belt?
"
hwat wrote:

It'd be nice. But i value CDR, life recovery and other stats more.
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
hwat wrote:

It'd be nice. But i value CDR, life recovery and other stats more.

+1 endurance charge (from belt) gives the following stats from ascendancy (and endurance charge itself):
- 5% increased dmg
- 5% increased area of effect
- 5% additinal phys dmg reduction
- 4% chaos resistance
- 4% to all elemental resistances
- +0,8% life regeneration from rings

Apart from the CDR and life recovery, what are the other stats that you value more from the above mentioned?

How u level the build, im seeing the PoB now and idk what way can do
"
P4p4Franku wrote:
How u level the build, im seeing the PoB now and idk what way can do

Just equip 2x Poets Pen at lvl 12 with any spell you like in each, and you will be lvl 90 in 6 hours lol

@dvs_m0rph
Hey man, what would you say is more important so i can upgrade first, the helm enchant or the 20% CDR on belt?

Also please do not misunderstand me if i may seem a bit sharp on my replies and quotes to you, its just for the conversation sakes.
Your build is imo one of the best builds i have ever seen and you did a great job! Just wanted to clarify that.
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Apr 18, 2018, 3:32:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info