[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

"
Smellyyy wrote:
Hello I'm attempting to build this.

First few questions I was considering.

As maim dont stack, I would think 115% more dam every 3rd hit (from Ruthless) is better than 30% more dam every hit, in your cyclone link. Even if shock sux this would still always make BIGGER shocks :)
And u still get the phys increased phys taken bonus from the main on totem.

War Banner seems OP for this build?

Unnatural Instinct(combo with might of meek, that gives 1k life extra also) seems cool too? 82% crit mult, 16% attack speed, 10% movespeed, 8% life, even bit int too.

Well as for ruthless it would be more damage but GGG removed ruthless from cyclone about 3 leagues ago. And as for the jewels if you have the 20ex or so for them then by all means use them.
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
I think this league going with Thief's Torment is a nonsense, too much one-shot mechanics. I don't like Loreweave either, but I guess yours is rolled very sexy-like. The other guy with Elder rings I think has it right - that's my next step too.

I disagree, Thief's Torment is always nice to get insta mana or life, it's basically a really cheap version of a combination of elder/shaper rings with a second curse and life on hit.
The one shot mechanics will still be there if you run 6k/7k life to be honest especially if you run into specific Syndicate figures, I tried... I think 8k and up will put you in a safe zone for T14 and up (exceptions being stupendous tanky builds but they will most likely miss out on DPS).
Right now I am running shaped T13/T14 maps on a MF version of this build (46% IIQ) with a whopping 4.4k life, however I do run (Phase Acrobatics) and Grace so I end up with: 62% evade, 44% (75% with vaal grace) attack dodge, 30% (63% with vaal grace) spell dodge. All the while I'm still rocking a proper ~600-650k shaper dps.
Long story short:
Yes I get one shot once in a blue moon, especially on "dodge chance unlucky" maps.

I believe this league is pretty much like in Delve (and Bestiary) where if you want to go all out on the small chances of one shots your best bet would be getting Farrul's Fur and combine it with Farrul's Bite for that juicy Blind on crit pumping that Evade Chance up to ~80%.
I still wouldn't ever run T13 and up on Hardcore with it though... Because at some point you will run into a Riker/Aisling/Tora combo and you just get destroyed.
Hello I just got to that point where I try to min and max my staff..So I dont know what is the best watcher's eye for this build..I see at your build that you mention life recovery rate is good..But before I buy that one can I ask how does it really help you? do you just got more regen and a bit more life leech? since our life per hit is instant..Also another thing for boots..

Since we run that Shaper's touch gloves I think its better to get boots with a lot of str and dex,,also hp for more dmg then bubonic can provide and also you will get a bit more defense from those boots..Im just not sure should I get any elder or shaper boots? If anyone can help a bit....You can see my character and see what item need upgrade..

Thanks in advance
IGN:Avlorena,Amoridan,Gernil im usualy on in any of these characters
"
CGNGODA wrote:
I'm currently running slayer/jugg ascendancy and it's nuts only thing that's been able to take me out is big chaos hits or just overall stupidness not having flasks on. Makes the build a good amount tankier, you actually gain more dps (I checked pob) and you have hit rate cap.
Pros:
GIGA tanky
Slighty more damage
You can't be stunned
More accuracy, more chance to hit and crit
Can't be chilled
passive endurance charge gain for longer immortal call duration and overall more tankyness

Cons:
Less MS
4 less dodge, but this is made up for with the end charges
No onslaught on full frenzy
Frenzies won't be up unless the boss has an add phase or adds are present.

Overall i'm enjoying the ascendancies switch, been doing lab like a breeze at 5,5k health max my life would be around 6,8k. Over all i think these 2 ascendancies Slayer/jugg make for a more well-rounded charachter especially in betrayal league.

Hmm this sounds interesting, can you perhaps share a PoB link?
YES mate, first Uber Elder kill in my life. It took a couple years off my life in nerves and rage, but finally relaxed and smashed him with 3 portals left. I'm new to POB, but fully popped up I get to 1.5M total dps, which translates to 1.21M shaper dps. With 'killed recently' removed, it's at 1.36M/1.1M.
Life: 6,918
Chance to dodge attacks 44%, spells 30%, evade attacks 56% without vaal grace.

My gear:

Thanks for the build. I had a lot of fun! Will try to switcheroo to flicker/other skills to test the flexibility of the build :)

One lesson I learned is NOT to use Thief's Torment in this league since Betrayal will pound your head in early on. Now they melt like butter though. Chest + Amulet already give zero life and I just went straight into normal rings then +life on hit and 2nd curse.

BIG life saver - get mana leech on a viridian jewel. One with int, life, mana leech and (ideally) damage will solve a lot of your problems.
Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Dec 31, 2018, 8:37:39 AM
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
YES mate, first Uber Elder kill in my life. It took a couple years off my life in nerves and rage, but finally relaxed and smashed him with 3 portals left. I'm new to POB, but fully popped up I get to 1.5M total dps, which translates to 1.21M shaper dps. With 'killed recently' removed, it's at 1.36M/1.1M.

My gear:

Thanks for the build. I had a lot of fun! Will try to switcheroo to flicker/other skills to test the flexibility of the build :)

One lesson I learned is NOT to use Thief's Torment in this league since Betrayal will pound your head in early on. Now they melt like butter though. Chest + Amulet already give zero life and I just went straight into normal rings then +life on hit and 2nd curse.

BIG life saver - get mana leech on a viridian jewel. One with int, life, mana leech and (ideally) damage will solve a lot of your problems.

Could you be so kind and share a PoB link for the gear and everything? I would love to make a cyclone build but I am torn between this or a pure phys cyclone raider I found.
"
GamerBeast wrote:
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:

My gear:

Could you be so kind and share a PoB link for the gear and everything? I would love to make a cyclone build but I am torn between this or a pure phys cyclone raider I found.

Sure! Never shared one before, hope this works:

https://pastebin.com/z143V7RX

Trust me - first time cyclone and I LOVED this build!
Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Dec 31, 2018, 3:12:03 PM
@Everyone,

I first want to say that I apologize for being off/on with putting more time with chatting with everyone in the forums. Also, thank you for trying out the guide and taking your time to appreciate, min/max, and provide such great D&D style recreations with varied playstyle and preferenced variance. Much love.

I'm currently extremely busy IRL and it's really cool to see the build alive and enjoyed. I see amazing posts with great amounts of experience with the build and great suggestions for variances even through leagues. Congrats on the success with the build.

I hope to find more time with the game in the future. Thanks.
"
Same1 wrote:
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
I think this league going with Thief's Torment is a nonsense, too much one-shot mechanics. I don't like Loreweave either, but I guess yours is rolled very sexy-like. The other guy with Elder rings I think has it right - that's my next step too.

I disagree, Thief's Torment is always nice to get insta mana or life, it's basically a really cheap version of a combination of elder/shaper rings with a second curse and life on hit.
The one shot mechanics will still be there if you run 6k/7k life to be honest especially if you run into specific Syndicate figures, I tried... I think 8k and up will put you in a safe zone for T14 and up (exceptions being stupendous tanky builds but they will most likely miss out on DPS).
Right now I am running shaped T13/T14 maps on a MF version of this build (46% IIQ) with a whopping 4.4k life, however I do run (Phase Acrobatics) and Grace so I end up with: 62% evade, 44% (75% with vaal grace) attack dodge, 30% (63% with vaal grace) spell dodge. All the while I'm still rocking a proper ~600-650k shaper dps.
Long story short:
Yes I get one shot once in a blue moon, especially on "dodge chance unlucky" maps.

I believe this league is pretty much like in Delve (and Bestiary) where if you want to go all out on the small chances of one shots your best bet would be getting Farrul's Fur and combine it with Farrul's Bite for that juicy Blind on crit pumping that Evade Chance up to ~80%.
I still wouldn't ever run T13 and up on Hardcore with it though... Because at some point you will run into a Riker/Aisling/Tora combo and you just get destroyed.

From what I can see from all streamed and published information this league, I agree with Same1. Even if the time variance usage of the Thief's Torment equipped time in the build is altered with each league, the ring holds it's value as a great part of the build overall in progression.
"
GamerBeast wrote:
"
CGNGODA wrote:
I'm currently running slayer/jugg ascendancy and it's nuts only thing that's been able to take me out is big chaos hits or just overall stupidness not having flasks on. Makes the build a good amount tankier, you actually gain more dps (I checked pob) and you have hit rate cap.
Pros:
GIGA tanky
Slighty more damage
You can't be stunned
More accuracy, more chance to hit and crit
Can't be chilled
passive endurance charge gain for longer immortal call duration and overall more tankyness

Cons:
Less MS
4 less dodge, but this is made up for with the end charges
No onslaught on full frenzy
Frenzies won't be up unless the boss has an add phase or adds are present.

Overall i'm enjoying the ascendancies switch, been doing lab like a breeze at 5,5k health max my life would be around 6,8k. Over all i think these 2 ascendancies Slayer/jugg make for a more well-rounded charachter especially in betrayal league.

Hmm this sounds interesting, can you perhaps share a PoB link?

Just to address the community notes on the changes to the Slayer/Juggernaut post last major ascendancy changes to all paths, I agree that Slayer/Juggernaut is an excellent choice as a take on Cyclone; especially if the you desire a slower paced, yet well-rounded play style.

In previous leagues, I made a build around the concept. The main reason, I posted in this forum under this version to the builds is just based on my preferred way to play the game. Any fan of Cyclone should try it out at some point. It is really fun. If you like, I could write up some information with my time with the build at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info