[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
gataoo1993 wrote:
What is better?

Executioner or Brutal Blade

Do you have Path of Building? Hovering over the nodes will show you how much Total DPS per point they are worth.
In my Pob Executioner is at 1.7% per point (definitely not worth) and Brutal Blade is at 3.6% per point (may be worth). 50% increased damage against enemies on low life is pretty useless seeing as we have Bane of Legends. This build is already starving for points though, Duelist region is packed with goodies.
Last edited by JimmyRuzzle on Jun 6, 2019, 12:23:37 PM
"
vivaladead wrote:
this build can kill uber elder?

Yep, I was killing red elder before, pretty sure it can do uber, you'll probably need kaoms roots for the fight though.

"
IAmCarl wrote:
Should I be worried we aren't picking up Endless Hunger/Brutal Fervor? I'm worried about build sustain and might end up swapping over if I manage to make this build overkill with the new gems.

Naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sure it'll be fine.

I did the meth and this build has around 7.5-8k effective life (in mediocre conditions). If you max, even more. Plus we're gonna have infused channeling as well which is another 8% phys reduction. I will be playing this as a starter and if survivability will seem of importance and the damage wont be lacking then yes I'll also probably switch to overleech and the 6% damage reduction. It's not a problem to respec 4 ascendancy nodes, 20 regrets is not that big of a deal. The problem is that those 4 whole points are really only giving these 2 things: Overleech and 6% reduction, nothing else, for 4 ascendancy points.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 6, 2019, 12:30:25 PM
"
gataoo1993 wrote:
What is better?

Executioner or Brutal Blade

Neither, don't take those.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 6, 2019, 12:33:46 PM
So... i am a bit confused by the gems information thread, does precision reserve a flat amount of mana ? in that case the build should be able to fit flesh and stone + blood and sand + precision, right ?
I was thinking of going pure phys cyclone slayer, and your build seems preeetty good !

What will be the strategy regarding reservation skills ? here are the possible options I see (but I know we only have 100% mana haha) :
- Pride (50%) : 39% more damage after 4sec
- Blood and Sand (10%) : 15% more damage or AoE
- War Banner (10%) : 11% more damage, some accuracy, and INSANE damage boost when dropped
- Flesh and Stone + Maim Support (28.75%) : 30% more damage, and frees up maim slot for Ancestral Warchief
- Precision (186 mana lv max) : some crit/accuracy, might be useful even low level for only one gem slot
- Aspect of the Spider (10%) : 15% more damage (for bosses mainly)

A good solution seems to be pride/B&S/Banner/Spider for a total of 80% reserved, plus maybe a low level gem precision given the remaining mana and the cost of the gem.
I don't know about flesh and stone + maim, it's a really interesting combination, but if maim is already applied by totem, it's not so relevant (25% reserved for only 16% more damage is weaker than blood and sand).

What do you think ?
Last edited by Zankai on Jun 6, 2019, 1:03:40 PM
Hey,

thank you for the Guide. I think this will be my Starter.

I have one questions regarding the insane Impale buffs.
Is it a good idea to think, besides Forceful Skewering, to also invest in Swift Skewering?

Thank you in advance for the reply and I wish you a good league start.
"
Tadeorbb wrote:
So... i am a bit confused by the gems information thread, does precision reserve a flat amount of mana ? in that case the build should be able to fit flesh and stone + blood and sand + precision, right ?

Pride = 50%
Flesh and Stone = 25%
Blood and Sand = 10%
War Banner = 10%
Precision = 186 mana at max lvl

So, my plan was Pride + Blood and Sand + War Banner + Precision.

That's 70% reserved along with a flat amount from Precision :D

Flesh and stone gives maim, which we have by default 20% on crit and the defensive part is w/e. I will consider enlighten 3 as well as it is not THAT expensive BUT there is a limited amount of gem slots available. I think I will just slap 4 of the ones I mentioned into an item and be done with it. Leaving room for other things like cwdt and whatnot.

After the 70% reservation on my current build 190 mana remains, a nice ~lvl12 precision can be slapped onto that, depending on the cost of leap slam since cyclone will be free once you get a ring with like -7 mana cost.
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 6, 2019, 1:11:18 PM
"
L0nghammer wrote:
Hey,

thank you for the Guide. I think this will be my Starter.

I have one questions regarding the insane Impale buffs.
Is it a good idea to think, besides Forceful Skewering, to also invest in Swift Skewering?

Thank you in advance for the reply and I wish you a good league start.

Hey, np :D

Also, nah, just those 3 points are sufficient for Cyclone. It's 20% chance, impale stacks are permanent and you will be spinning with at least 8 attacks per second. That's around ~83.3% chance of it applying every second at least once (but statistically probably more). I wouldn't bother for more as it will be most useful on tough guys anyway. For maps it isn't even necessary but 55% more on bosses is amazing.

Also Skewering is 5 nodes away, that's pretty far imo.
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 6, 2019, 1:33:55 PM
"
Zankai wrote:
I was thinking of going pure phys cyclone slayer, and your build seems preeetty good !

What will be the strategy regarding reservation skills ? here are the possible options I see (but I know we only have 100% mana haha) :
- Pride (50%) : 39% more damage after 4sec
- Blood and Sand (10%) : 15% more damage or AoE
- War Banner (10%) : 11% more damage, some accuracy, and INSANE damage boost when dropped
- Flesh and Stone + Maim Support (28.75%) : 30% more damage, and frees up maim slot for Ancestral Warchief
- Precision (186 mana lv max) : some crit/accuracy, might be useful even low level for only one gem slot
- Aspect of the Spider (10%) : 15% more damage (for bosses mainly)

A good solution seems to be pride/B&S/Banner/Spider for a total of 80% reserved, plus maybe a low level gem precision given the remaining mana and the cost of the gem.
I don't know about flesh and stone + maim, it's a really interesting combination, but if maim is already applied by totem, it's not so relevant (25% reserved for only 16% more damage is weaker than blood and sand).

What do you think ?

We have 20% maim on crit, so Flesh and stone is pretty underwhelming. Regarding auras see my response to "Tadeorbb" on this same page.
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 6, 2019, 1:34:48 PM
Yeah I saw your post right after posting mine. Good base setup of 70% reserved, and for the rest it will be split into either aspect of the spider (late-game) and/or precision.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info