[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
devon752 wrote:

I don't quite understand what the problem is after reading your post. It's not that important to get the links done other than having the cyclone setup done. A 4L should be enough to get you through all the acts (a 5L would be optimal). The primary focus should be getting life + resist on your gear.

Mana leech becomes effective the more damage you deal. If you have low damage (example a weak weapon) you wont be leeching a sufficient amount of mana. So you either need more damage or more mana leech nodes.

Also note that if you're using the Brutality gem, Herald of ash wont give you the damage bonus, only the explosions. Discard Vitality, it's weak compared to the reservation it does. Also I'm not sure what you mean by slapping Ice golem Onslaught and faster attacks. You could use onslaught instead of some support gem on cyclone, just for the speed I suppose but I personally didn't need it.

I usually do the links like this when leveling: Leap slam + faster attacks, 5L Cyclone (or Cleave), CWDT + Ice Golem and only Haste for the aura since you wont be dealing elemental damage due to Brutality. If you have a spare slot/s, slap that Warchief totem just for the bonus damage on bosses. Start linking properly once you reach maps ~lvl 68.

The problem is more of a "Am I doing this right so far?" type of question. The links themselves can come in time so I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned if I'm aiming in the right direction with what I've had to make due with.

I haven't found the Brutality gem yet, so my HoA is ok for now, but I'll take your word for it. My weapon atm is doing exceptional amounts of damage that being low on mana is a rarity.

As for "slapping Ice Golem Onslaught and Faster attacks" I meant by linking Onslaught Support and Faster Attacks Support gems to the golem to boost it.
"

The problem is more of a "Am I doing this right so far?" type of question. The links themselves can come in time so I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned if I'm aiming in the right direction with what I've had to make due with.

I haven't found the Brutality gem yet, so my HoA is ok for now, but I'll take your word for it. My weapon atm is doing exceptional amounts of damage that being low on mana is a rarity.

As for "slapping Ice Golem Onslaught and Faster attacks" I meant by linking Onslaught Support and Faster Attacks Support gems to the golem to boost it.

Ah yeah, dw that much before you hit maps. As I said you should be fine with just a 4-link, some HP and a Goldrim haha. As long as you are good with HP and resists, there shouldn't be any problems.

P.S. you can buy all the gems you need at act6 after you clear the shore quest.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
deleted
Last edited by Dlittlejohn on Apr 22, 2018, 12:42:43 PM
Since vulnerability procs maim and bleed why not swap maim support for bloodlust?
"
Ran00Ran wrote:
Since vulnerability procs maim and bleed why not swap maim support for bloodlust?

Because it doesn't work that way. As soon as you support a skill gem with Bloodlust that skill cannot inflict bleeding. From the wiki: "Supports melee attack skills, causing them to deal more damage against bleeding enemies, but preventing those skills from inflicting bleeding on enemies in any way." Since we're not using any other skills, other than leap slam we have no alternative way of inflicting bleed.

That also means that even through Vulnerability, Cyclone, wouldn't be able to proc it, unless you found some other skill to proc it. But even if you managed to get it to work, 20% chance to bleed is fairly inconsistent. The bonus damage would only apply when it did proc, which is 1/5th of the time.

With maim you have a 30% chance to inflict 14% more damage to them and 30% more damage permanently. It's just more consistent.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by devon752 on May 8, 2018, 2:56:53 AM
hi, don't you have a levelling guide for this? like for brginners, what to do, what items should you get and what gems should be in it? thanks.
"
ShawarmaRoll wrote:
hi, don't you have a levelling guide for this? like for brginners, what to do, what items should you get and what gems should be in it? thanks.

I'll write a leveling guide section one of these days.
You already have Cyclone support gem priority shown, a 4L is sufficient for leveling, slap a leap slam + faster attacks somewhere, keep updating your 2H weapon/resistances while leveling and you're pretty much good to go.
Setup all of the skill gems once you reach act 6 and clear the strand or when you finish all acts.
Last edited by devon752 on May 23, 2018, 6:21:04 AM
What is you reasoning for not taking vaal pact and damage on full life support? Ive played multiple slayers before and always felt like those 2 should be a given since you have insane overleech.
"
jan_zippo wrote:
What is you reasoning for not taking vaal pact and damage on full life support? Ive played multiple slayers before and always felt like those 2 should be a given since you have insane overleech.

Regarding Vaal pact, 2 reasons actually. Because I was aiming for Acuity in the end since you get 8% extra life with this tree and because the life regen helps with Mapping and Uber lab, if you get that "cannot leech life" mod you can run it easier because of the regen.
But feel free to take it, you just have to take the top part that goes close to Vaal pact instead of the bottom one that aims for life. Vaal pact is a logical choice, I even mentioned it in the build and said that Acuity are BiS. Also that Retch belt would probably go with it then even though I don't know if it would beat 10% more from Belt of the deciever.

Regarding Melee damage on full life, I think consistency trumps inconsistency. Even if you're losing some damage (around ~10% more) the consistency part evens it out with something like concentrated effect or Critical damage.

So basically for both the reasons are: Consistency and Laziness, I wanted to run all maps without even looking at the mods and I wanted the damage to stay as it was at all times ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by devon752 on Dec 6, 2018, 6:40:36 AM
Hey Devon thanks for the build.

I've being playing this for my 3.3 league starter and had my most successful start in the last three leagues! It had the smoothest transition into maps & uber lab i've ever experienced. Kudos!

Just had a quick question around some skill options to replace the vaal haste gem. I'm very, very rarely using this skill at the moment and trying to find something else more usable to chuck in the socket instead. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info