[3.2] Fully Corrupted All-Unique Dual Wield HOWA Molten Strike - 6.1M Shaper DPS, 9k+ ES, 44% Evade

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the build, it's been quite enjoyable (89 and climbing) with lots of room to min max.

Just a couple of points:

- connecting to the witch start gives a pretty decent chunk of regen eliminating the need for any mana leech.

- since I doubt I will be able to afford an es clarity jewel anytime soon I went with an es on hit disc jewel and I must say I'm not actually sure how people are surviving without it, lol :)

- because of the es on hit jewel, at 90 I'm going to rework the tree to dump VP, get Zealot's Oath and switch to the templar reserve/effectiveness nodes and test it. Having VP basically kills a part of the templar ascendancy and sulphur flasks.
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
"
infinityinc wrote:
because of the es on hit jewel, at 90 I'm going to rework the tree to dump VP, get Zealot's Oath and switch to the templar reserve/effectiveness nodes and test it. Having VP basically kills a part of the templar ascendancy and sulphur flasks.

You will still need mana leech somewhere for maps with reduced regen and no regen (at least 2 points in the tree which is a huge downside).
I didn't optimize this build for boss fights only, it's for everything in the game (well, except ele reflect).

Without vaal pact, you save 2 points but use 3 points for zealot's oath. That's another downside.
And with an es-on-hit watcher's eye, you probably don't need additional regen from consecrated ground anyway. It's always nice to have more regen/tankiness but if you have 9k+ es you should just go for more damage.
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 15, 2018, 10:13:04 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
TotemPuller wrote:

I gave you credit as it's more new player-friendly but they are two different guides and builds, let's be clear about that first. People wanting to take HOWA + Molten Strike to the true endgame would learn from my guide. It's more than just different gear and levels by the way ;)

Erm I agree that you took the build into endgame with a budget that most players can't even dream of but I don't think that makes the builds different, at least if your pastebin is accurate to the tweaks you made.

You have obvious gear upgrades like curse on hit gloves, lvl 21 gems and getting damage like heart of thunder that used to be part of my build but got cut to be more budget friendly, these options often come up in recommendeds for the (very few) endgame players who get a clarity watchers and hit that endpoint

The only gear change is the second claw and Incandescent heart both of which are mentioned as "alternative options" in my build but are more complicated and just the kind of general path my build has but most people will drop off and stop playing far before they reach that point. You then replace the resistances using weathered hunter and jewels in the same way too.

There is some variance between any two people playing the same build of any type depending on budget and slight preferences, most people who play my build tweak the tree a bit and change the curse and vaal skills for personal preference. Is there some core mechanical change between the two you think I'm missing?

You're not going to get through to the guy, he is literally using your build with minor tweaks because he was able to throw more currency at it. People like him, tend to scour the forums looking for something fun to do, then follow a guide(in this case, yours) and then claim it as their own simply because they changed 2 items.

If you look at his replies carefully, you can see he's the type of person who will just not blatantly admit he took someone else's idea and claimed it as their own.

I myself have done a lot of HOWA variants in the past, and I like your most recent iteration of it, simply because of the mass uniques used in it. I don't see how swapping the shield and chest makes it a "different build" though, especially when the tree is almost exactly the same, exact same ascendancy and like... my god, its the same damn build LOL.

"Lemme just swap this shield for another claw, buy a super expensive watcher's eye jewel and.....GUYS LOOK AT MY NEW ORIGINAL BUILD."
Last edited by Hawkly on Apr 17, 2018, 4:43:36 AM
"
Hawkly wrote:
You're not going to get through to the guy, he is literally using your build with minor tweaks because he was able to throw more currency at it. People like him, tend to scour the forums looking for something fun to do, then follow a guide(in this case, yours) and then claim it as their own simply because they changed 2 items.

If you look at his replies carefully, you can see he's the type of person who will just not blatantly admit he took someone else's idea and claimed it as their own.

I myself have done a lot of HOWA variants in the past, and I like your most recent iteration of it, simply because of the mass uniques used in it. I don't see how swapping the shield and chest makes it a "different build" though, especially when the tree is almost exactly the same, exact same ascendancy and like... my god, its the same damn build LOL.

"Lemme just swap this shield for another claw, buy a super expensive watcher's eye jewel and.....GUYS LOOK AT MY NEW ORIGINAL BUILD."

Except it wasn't his idea and you are better off not saying stupid things like you just did.

I finished my build without knowing WaffleT and his HOWA guide even existed.

People kept asking about my build because I do so many uber elder carry runs and the first time I discovered there was a much weaker version of HOWA MS build guide for newer players with limited budget was when I tried to get ideas on how to calculate molten strike DPS.

Even his calculations are wrong because he missed 1-10 projectile distance in his pob link.

But yeah, it does sound like you are also too new to differentiate my build from his build. His guide tends to attract newer players from what I can tell.
"
TotemPuller wrote:
"
Hawkly wrote:

Except it wasn't his idea and you are better off not saying stupid things like you just did.

People kept asking about my build because I do so many uber elder carry runs and the first time I discovered there was a much weaker version of HOWA MS build guide for newer players with limited budget was when I tried to get ideas on how to calculate molten strike DPS.

Even his calculations are wrong because he missed 1-10 projectile distance in his pob link.

But yeah, it does sound like you are also too new to differentiate my build from his build. His guide tends to attract newer players from what I can tell.

I'm not new at all. It doesn't take much effort to edit Waffle's build by an item or two and call it your own and that is exactly what you did. Constantly denying it is ridiculous.

"Even his calculations are wrong because he missed 1-10 projectile distance in his pob link."

Really, oh I didn't see that, what a fantastic difference that makes between yours and his, you're so right, what you have done is completely original from head to toe.

Give or take 99% of it of course, but devil's in the details right.

The best thing and more proper thing you could have done, was share IN HIS thread the different things you did(which again, were incredibly minor to an epic degree), share your items and what you accomplished with the build and thank him for the idea, like anyone else would have.

Acting like this is in any way "your build" is just silly and you know that.

Stop treating people as if they are beneath you, especially when they call you out on your bullshit. Your guide is enough evidence to clearly see that.

Edit: His build was posted on the forums long before your video on reddit.
Last edited by Hawkly on Apr 17, 2018, 5:19:24 AM
"
Hawkly wrote:
"
TotemPuller wrote:
"
Hawkly wrote:

I'm not new at all. It doesn't take much effort to edit Waffle's build by an item or two and call it your own and that is exactly what you did. Constantly denying it is ridiculous.

"Even his calculations are wrong because he missed 1-10 projectile distance in his pob link."

Really, oh I didn't see that, what a fantastic difference that makes between yours and his, you're so right, what you have done is completely original from head to toe.

Give or take 99% of it of course, but devil's in the details right.

The best thing and more proper thing you could have done, was share IN HIS thread the different things you did(which again, were incredibly minor to an epic degree), share your items and what you accomplished with the build and thank him for the idea, like anyone else would have.

Acting like this is in any way "your build" is just silly and you know that.

Stop treating people as if they are beneath you, especially when they call you out on your bullshit. Your guide is enough evidence to clearly see that.

Edit: His build was posted on the forums long before your video on reddit.

Even though you started playing in 2013, you are new and inexperienced compared to many players who put more hours into the game and go for full challenges every league or write their own guide. You also have no character that can even touch endgame content in BSC league and I hope your excuse isn't "I don't have enough time".

I did give him credit by linking his build at the top of my guide. The only bulllshit I see are you and a few people including WaffleT who think I copied his build, that's not even remotely close to being true.

Two builds play differently, it's more than "sidegrades" and different items choices although I can see how inexperienced players can see it that way.

By the way, I used 2 x perandus signet rings on a few of my builds back in 2013, months before this WaffleT guy even knew Path of Exile existed. Can I say he copied my item choice in his guide? No, that would be ridiculous just like bullshit claims I'm seeing here. When it comes to builds using HOWA, the best way to buff it is to stack int and perandus signet + unique items take care of that. Other item choices are all common sense.
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 17, 2018, 6:12:12 AM
The amount of condescension from this guy while he can’t even calculate molten strike damage correctly.... moving on....
"
TotemPuller wrote:

Even though you started playing in 2013, you are new and inexperienced compared to many players who put more hours into the game and go for full challenges every league or write their own guide. You also have no character that can even touch endgame content in BSC league and I hope your excuse isn't "I don't have enough time".

I did give him credit by linking his build at the top of my guide. The only bulllshit I see are you and a few people including WaffleT who think I copied his build, that's not even remotely close to being true.

Two builds play differently, it's more than "sidegrades" and different items choices although I can see how inexperienced players can see it that way.

By the way, I used 2 x perandus signet rings on a few of my builds back in 2013, months before this WaffleT guy even knew Path of Exile existed. Can I say he copied my item choice in his guide? No, that would be ridiculous just like bullshit claims I'm seeing here. When it comes to builds using HOWA, the best way to buff it is to stack int and perandus signet + unique items take care of that. Other item choices are all common sense.

I don't know why you keep going back to accusing me of being new or inexperienced, when I'm neither. This isn't my main account, and has nothing to do with the conversation, so keep the derpy remarks like that to yourself.

Back to the actual topic, if I took Waffles build, changed the Lyco to another claw, and changed the 2 rings into 2 rare rings with int/wed/etc, and moved 5 ES nodes into a damgage cluster, does that make it a completely new build that "plays differently" ? No, it doesn't, and that is what you have done here.

You have not made a new build that just "happens to be strikingly similar" to his. His was here quite a while before yours, and before you made your video. You can't keep making up extremely asinine excuses like "Even his calculations are wrong because he missed 1-10 projectile distance in his pob link." That's so unbelievably sad.

I might as well copy paste someone else's build, and then uncheck 1 thing in POB, change 2 rings and add a watcher's eye and call it my own too right? That is what you have done here, and constantly pretending otherwise silly. Sure you "gave him credit" but in an incredibly condescending way, by calling his version the "one for noobs" and calling yours the "experienced" version, when it is literally the same build by its bones.

There is no need or reason to continually act like a snobby prick when people call you out on your bullshit, enough is enough, get that through your head and treat Waffle and nearly half the people in this mess of a thread with some common decency.

But I doubt you will, you'll continue to argue.
Last edited by Hawkly on Apr 17, 2018, 3:54:34 PM
I don't know quite sure why did you choose INQ node with Elemental Overload and Vaal Pact, they'll disabled the Cons. Ground and the crit multi effect, like 2/4 bonus stats INQ node gives you. Elementalist or Jug seems better unless you pick INQ just for you can reach the passive area, then no question :D
Last edited by phuimba on Apr 17, 2018, 6:31:23 PM
"
zzat1 wrote:
The amount of condescension from this guy while he can’t even calculate molten strike damage correctly.... moving on....

It's calculated correctly in the original post. But most importantly, this guide isn't for new and inexperienced players so I can understand the sentiment you showed here.
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 17, 2018, 10:33:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info