[3.2] Fully Corrupted All-Unique Dual Wield HOWA Molten Strike - 6.1M Shaper DPS, 9k+ ES, 44% Evade

"
Hawkly wrote:
I don't know why you keep going back to accusing me of being new or inexperienced, when I'm neither.

Then you should stop saying things you have no idea about. That tends to help.

"
Hawkly wrote:
This isn't my main account, and has nothing to do with the conversation, so keep the derpy remarks like that to yourself.

The only derpy one here is you. You tried to accuse me of something you have no understanding of and got called out.

So, what is your main account? Interested in seeing account creation date and challenge progress.
Or are you WaffleT himself? That would be even more hilarious because you aren't as good as you think you are at this game. Reality hits you hard.

By the way, being limited by budget is the hallmark of a new player because they don't understand the game enough to trade efficiently, generate currency, and make profit to fund their builds.

"
Hawkly wrote:
Back to the actual topic, if I took Waffles build, changed the Lyco to another claw, and changed the 2 rings into 2 rare rings with int/wed/etc, and moved 5 ES nodes into a damgage cluster, does that make it a completely new build that "plays differently" ? No, it doesn't, and that is what you have done here.

You are being called new and inexperienced because there are more differences than item choices and a few nodes here but you not only fail to see them, you also say stupid things. If you skipped reading the bullet points in the guide, then we have a different issue. It doesn't matter if someone came up with a similar build idea in the past. There are only so many uniques and passive nodes you can take in the game and sometimes build ideas turn out to be similar while the builds themselves can be quite different.

"
Hawkly wrote:
You have not made a new build that just "happens to be strikingly similar" to his. His was here quite a while before yours, and before you made your video. You can't keep making up extremely asinine excuses like "Even his calculations are wrong because he missed 1-10 projectile distance in his pob link." That's so unbelievably sad.

Again, that's the reason why you are being called new and inexperienced. HOWA and perandus signet setup is not a new idea one person came up with first and all credit goes to him. When you go with those rings, the idea is to stack unique items and int. Can you suggest to me better alternative item choices? Spoiler alert; there aren't many in the game.

Also, how is that sad? I get that you treat him as a god and follow his guide but just know and admit that there are better builds using similar items and skill gems. You remind me of a religious zealot who only sees things one way and what he believes is the only truth.

"
Hawkly wrote:
I might as well copy paste someone else's build, and then uncheck 1 thing in POB, change 2 rings and add a watcher's eye and call it my own too right? That is what you have done here, and constantly pretending otherwise silly. Sure you "gave him credit" but in an incredibly condescending way, by calling his version the "one for noobs" and calling yours the "experienced" version, when it is literally the same build by its bones.

You can call it your own if you came up with the ideas yourself. In your example, you copied his guide and changed a few items. I already told you that's not what I did and that's not even remotely close to being true. And yes, his guide is for noobs. It can't do all the endgame contents consistently and reliably.

"
Hawkly wrote:
There is no need or reason to continually act like a snobby prick when people call you out on your bullshit, enough is enough, get that through your head and treat Waffle and nearly half the people in this mess of a thread with some common decency.

But I doubt you will, you'll continue to argue.

You keep insisting the builds are the same and I took his ideas. At this point, I'll conclude that you got insulted by the "new and inexperienced" remark because that accurately describes you. Again, reality hits you hard.
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 17, 2018, 10:38:45 PM
"
phuimba wrote:
I don't know quite sure why did you choose INQ node with Elemental Overload and Vaal Pact, they'll disabled the Cons. Ground and the crit multi effect, like 2/4 bonus stats INQ node gives you. Elementalist or Jug seems better unless you pick INQ just for you can reach the passive area, then no question :D

Juggernaut is another good choice. That's the reason why I have this equipped.

"
TotemPuller wrote:
Or are you WaffleT himself? That would be even more hilarious because you aren't as good as you think you are at this game. Reality hits you hard

No I did not create another account and go through the new league getting challenges done so I could attack you, Its a little insulting that you jumped to that conclusion. I have not badmouthed you I only attempted to correct some errors you made and I would appreciate it if you did not badmouth me

"
TotemPuller wrote:
I did give him credit by linking his build at the top of my guide. The only bulllshit I see are you and a few people including WaffleT who think I copied his build, that's not even remotely close to being true.

I never said that. In fact I directly told you that I did not assume that you copied my build and multiple people can come up with the same ideas. It seems as though you are trying to interpret things very negatively

"
TotemPuller wrote:
Even his calculations are wrong because he missed 1-10 projectile distance in his pob link.

This is false although if it were true I would have appreciated you pointing that out to me. I'm always happy to get corrections to things I may have done Its why I looked at your build in the first place to see if you had done anything I had not considered as opposed to things I decided against or are only for players who heavily invest into a single build.

My build has always included the projectile distance and when I mentioned that you had made an understandable math error I even said "Taking from your pastbin, changing the target to shaper and adding in point blank to raise it up again the result is" because when I ran your numbers I added in the projectile distance otherwise the result would have been too low.

On that subject you have a screenshot of the tooltip dps but you don't seem to let people know that you are using duel HOWA which still has the tooltip bug calculating the added lightning damage as global not local which makes that number less then helpful for estimating actual dps

"
TotemPuller wrote:
By the way, I used 2 x perandus signet rings on a few of my builds back in 2013, months before this WaffleT guy even knew Path of Exile existed

This is also incorrect you don't know how long I was aware or played the game. There was really no need to bring this up. Although I'm curious if you have been playing the game this long why you are not used to people comparing your builds to others and guessing where you took inspiration from as thats very common, there is no need to get upset

"
WaffleT wrote:
I have not badmouthed you I only attempted to correct some errors you made and I would appreciate it if you did not badmouth me

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2127001/page/2#p15447774
"
WaffleT wrote:
"Its pretty cool that you got almost an extra 2 million more dps from my numbers with just better gear and a few more levels though :)"

That's badmouthing which I let it slide but your religious followers keep coming back and spread BS. Why can't they just stick to the builds and guides they can follow and afford in standard league, right?

"
WaffleT wrote:
I never said that. In fact I directly told you that I did not assume that you copied my build and multiple people can come up with the same ideas. It seems as though you are trying to interpret things very negatively

See above

"
WaffleT wrote:
This is false although if it were true I would have appreciated you pointing that out to me.

As far as I remember, you were missing both 1-10 projectiles and point blank in your calculations.
I left out point blank in my calculations on purpose.

"
WaffleT wrote:
This is also incorrect you don't know how long I was aware or played the game. There was really no need to bring this up. Although I'm curious if you have been playing the game this long why you are not used to people comparing your builds to others and guessing where you took inspiration from as thats very common, there is no need to get upset

Perandus Signet
0.11.1 Introduced to the game
June 2013

WaffleT

You joined after onslaught/anarchy league was over.
I was the first and only person with a functioning build running full exp gear in onslaught hardcore league at high level. Etup had a similar setup but with a fire trap skill.

After I set a precedent and people started using/complaining how OP exp gain items were, GGG changed how exp gain on items worked in the game. They also nerfed the ring to 2% later.

Unless you played on a different account before October 2013, my statement is 100% correct.
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 18, 2018, 4:37:12 AM
Hey everyone,

While we do encourage community discussion, please keep in mind that attacking other players is a breach of our Code of Conduct.

Please keep your comments related to the topic of the thread.
edit: deleted
Last edited by MrBubuX on Jul 28, 2018, 2:06:47 AM
"
MrBubuX wrote:
Please fix the title of this post. Should be:

WaffleT's HOWA + 1 mirror worth of gear

Stick to the guide designed for inexperienced players. This guide isn't for you. Two different builds.

And to add to that, my dual wield build costs a lot less than a mirror. It just requires a player who knows what he's doing in the game.
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 20, 2018, 7:47:53 PM
@TotemPuller
Hi, im newbie. Can i ask you something? Why you spend skill point reach Heart of Thunder (25% Lightning damage+ 3% Damage Penetrates Lightning)?
And our main skill is Molten Strike, it fire base damage. Why we dont focus on Fire damage like Explosive Impact?
Last edited by MrBubuX on Jul 28, 2018, 2:06:55 AM
Last edited by MrBubuX on Jul 28, 2018, 2:07:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info