How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

Keeping it as a standalone would require a lot of work imo and i'm not sure where it'd really go. I'm more favorable to keep it as a fun event mode.
As someone who puts a lot of money into the game :^), please, bring it back
Created CurrencyCop and PoeBuddy.
Check out my Item Filters: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3510357
I think GGG should invest on it, I don't see how it can not be capitalized upon or how it would make the game stale.

Here's my ideas:

Make two modes:
1- Use your current character and reap extra XP, make it a Leo's daily mission.
2- Make a BR mode character with instances bringing random past league mechanics. Add non-permanent ascendancies after a certain amount of kills per round.

Create a permanent portal once the match is ready, so players can map on their selected league or instance until the arena is set. Make the arenas level limited with the choice to advance or stay at the LVL cap for a winner prize selection.
Make an instance-random nerf value for attacks and skills, based on OP-ness.
Give it currency, extra exclusive art drops, exclusive cosmetic prizes, winner prizes and exclusive items.
Create orbs, exclusive skill tree, maybe with passive drops; and enchants with the nerfs above - which may or may not be included with the core game.
It was lots of fun - needs a bit of tweaking around what skills are in/out to avoid the split arrow problem.

Realistically, it would probably be best for a couple of days between leagues to keep it fresh, rather than always on.

If you're doing bunches of races though then it can obviously play with that too.
Absolutely, please bring it back as a standalone game mode that is always running. I don't play PoE often because the loot grind and amount of time and planning needed is often daunting. This is a game mode that gives me the rush of loot collecting, PvP, PvE and potential rewards for my main character. I would love to see rewards like players get at the end of the Labyrinth rewarded to winning characters. I am especially infatuated with the idea of starting a Royale character, winning with it and moving it to Standard League to start the main game. Something about the idea that my character fought his way through 99 other exiles to win transport to Wraeclast makes me excited to start new characters.
I had alot of fun playing it, now given that it took everyone 1 day of work, I think that it was very good. But I hope you continue to devote 98% of your efforts to the game other than pvp.
"
Epinephrine wrote:

"

Heck you could even add functionality to allow players to become monsters for the mode. You could have left for dead style 4 players trying to make it across a filed of player controlled roas or whatever.

That would work great with the league-replay bestiary instances I mentioned above :)
I really enjoyed the spectator mode and would love to be able to watch races and other things it seems super cool and would like to see resources put towards that if possible.
Tons of fun. I did not ever come close to winning and still would play a bunch more.

I do not think perma is good way to go. Either as Leo daily/reputation or every 8 days or something to keep it from landing on the same day. Great distraction from the grind.

Also would be cool to add a lot more randomness like map mods, sextant mods, shrines, etc. Lots of ways to really jack up the rng so some of us plebs have a chance against the pros that scored dozens of rhoas!

Path of Exile should work on improving the Battle Royale game mode and have it act as a standalone game. Then watch it rise to success that actually makes it more popular than the original game mode. See: Fortnite

Additionally, balancing Battle Royale will also naturally balance PvP in the standard game.
Last edited by Phanther on Apr 3, 2018, 11:55:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info