[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Baldrick wrote:
So I just got obliterated by Phoenix boss. I have only attempted it a few times in the past, and actually have never beaten it. I figured this league might be different because up to this point, all bosses have been super easy.

A few of my portals got wasted because there was a huge blue pack of freezy guys right inside and it took me a couple times to kill them all. But even after that, it seemed like my totems were only just barely scratching him. My PoB dps shows 178k. I think the map had increased elemental resistance for the baddies, but still...
I did try using a fire flask a few times but didnt seem to make a difference.

Anyway, here is my gear. I am not using a soul mantle since people were saying it's better to use a 6 link instead of a 5 link soul mantle, and a 5 link is all I have. I corrupted this Tabula and it seemed not bad.

Phoenix is hard to beat and it seams that you rolled a pretty hard mod on it too. You need to avoid everithing possible.

Gear could be enough, change one of your life flask and the mana flask for 2 offensive flask instead.
You will get killed anyway if something hit you. Focus on max damage to kill everything as fast as possible.

Two more advices:
- Move move move!
- Learn the fight :)

"
most1010 wrote:
Hey,

if I dont have enough currency, what would you prefer:

2x Shimmeron and a 5L Soul Mantle or 1 Shimmeron, 1 Tukohama's and 6L Soul Mantle ?

Greetz

1 Shimmeron + 6L Soul Mantle.
Many dislike the Soul Mantle gameplay. I would strongly suggest you to test it before buying a 6L.
For the phoenix battle, look at youtube patiently and learn all his attacks. All, every one of them.

Once you are sure you recognize every animation, go to fight him. Learn when the AoE comes, etc. Move, move, move. Dont put 2 totems in a row. Move move move, and when you have a minimum moment, place a totem and move, repeat. Dont place a totem if you are in a risky position, better move :)

Try to run in circles placing totems, until you see him will do one of his attacks or AoE, etc. Try to "always" be in vision range, so you can see him when (and over where) he is casting something, or attacking. This applies to every boss in the game. If you can't see them, you won't see when (and where) they do their dangerous attacks.

Also, in boses, if you are in your last portal, get a culling strike gem somewhere (golem, trap, etc). Maybe that can help you kill him at the end.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jul 2, 2018, 8:43:29 AM
For Phoenix, I'd also recommend switching to Devoto's Devotion. You lose a little life, but the movement speed could be enough to keep you out of range.
Hey Valmar, the video of your shaper kill featured in the guide seems to show that you're not using Soul Mantle. May I know what's your gear setup for that fight?
"
AdamnMiller wrote:
For Phoenix, I'd also recommend switching to Devoto's Devotion. You lose a little life, but the movement speed could be enough to keep you out of range.

Alternatively, if you have the sockets and the dex, running Phase Run + Increased Duration + Efficacy will give you a little over 3 seconds of phase run time. That's movement speed + less visibility to the boss to shift aggro.
"
nmcybro wrote:
Hey Valmar, the video of your shaper kill featured in the guide seems to show that you're not using Soul Mantle. May I know what's your gear setup for that fight?

Hi, sure.
I can not remember exactly the flasks I used in the videos, I however provided a PoB link in the descriptions at the moment I made them, one regular build for mapping (similar to this topic), and another one for hard bosses, which is the same tree but I move some items and gems and flasks, and is used in the videos.

The regular build is as I have said like this build recommended gear, Soul Mantle, etc.

I change the setup though for long battles (uber elder, elder, shaper) because I can't sustain anti curse warding flaskes in those battles and I dont have Atziri's reflection, so I have to avoid the Soul Mantle chest.

In my first uber elder, I just used a rare chest 6L with like 90 life and 45 cold resisnt, with 200 ES, nothing more, so an upgraded tabula can do it. Now I use a 6L 80% Loreweave because I got one (helpful, and makes your life easy, but not necessary in any way).

I also change some gems, I remove Immortal Call from my CWDT setup, so I cast it manually when I want, and I use my golem in CWDT setup cause I dont want to have to cast it manually during hard fights. I also put searing bond for one more extra totem (regen, etc) and remove a red gem like Inc duration.

So, I do my hard battle runs (like the 3 in the videos) with this:

I also tweak a bit my flasks, I dont need anti curses so depending on fight and how I feel I use some of these:

And, as I have said, for mapping I use the usual, Soul Mantle, warding flasks, etc.

Now as I have said My dps and gear is great. I didnt have this damage output before, the first Uber elder I did was reported in this post pages ago, it was by far worst gear, I had less DPS than I have now too, I didnt have watchers eye, etc, etc. This was my first one:

Spoiler
"
Valmar wrote:
Well, must say I get my first ever UberElder kill, so thanks for the guide, it's awesome.

It was first try, though I used all 6 portals. At first I managed to hit both for more than 50% of their HP easily, but then I died and a moment of panic happened, so I died like 3 in a row very fast. Then I got little space to maneuver, but was able to do it in the last portal.

To anyone asking about this build potential, keep in mind I did not try this before, so it was a succeed run on first try, and I did some mistakes due to lack of experience and panic; ergo, the build rocks!

My gear and flasks I used to kill the UberElder if someone is interested:

My armour is just crap (its a tabula upgrade, I got it for 35 chaos), gloves, ring and amulet are MEH, the only 21 gem I got is Arc. Jewels are not premium in any way, just life resis. The other pieces (helm, boots, weapons) are nice though.
I got 4608 life, 2404 mana, level 93.
I only used 1 damage flask for this battle, for mapping I use 2 or 3.
And I just realized while writting this, that I used Lunaris and Gruthkul because I forgot to turn into Arakaali and Yugul lol.

My buffed damage in hideout (charges, flask, arcane surge) is 109K. In PoB it is 230K against Shaper in PoB with this setup.

Good luck to every other Arc UberElder hunters! Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Last edited by Valmar on Jul 2, 2018, 4:40:25 PM
Great job showing this build to us!

Finally I did my first Uber Elder!

Thank you so much!
Tryed this build and probably im miss/not understand something important because at now im have ridiculously weak char.
It was ok on leveling, im use ARC as second (as main if honest :) ) and its very help for fast cleaning and especially - in incursion.

But suddenly, even on first tier maps i have problems with surviving - my char too often take one shoot kills. Ok, im have bad resistance yet but im not remember from past leagues _that_ problems because of low res on first maps.
And in same time dps also not really impressive.

And most frustrating - my char almost useless in Incursions. Its not have time for carefull play and many small rooms with closs-combat and im or out of time, or have one shot-die from architect or even rars. Ok, its not real one-shot because IC save my for 0.6 sec but almost as fast :)

Im trying to collect resists now, but have six feel im miss something important or doing its wrong :))
"
iunewind wrote:
Tryed this build and probably im miss/not understand something important because at now im have ridiculously weak char.
It was ok on leveling, im use ARC as second (as main if honest :) ) and its very help for fast cleaning and especially - in incursion.

But suddenly, even on first tier maps i have problems with surviving - my char too often take one shoot kills. Ok, im have bad resistance yet but im not remember from past leagues _that_ problems because of low res on first maps.
And in same time dps also not really impressive.

And most frustrating - my char almost useless in Incursions. Its not have time for carefull play and many small rooms with closs-combat and im or out of time, or have one shot-die from architect or even rars. Ok, its not real one-shot because IC save my for 0.6 sec but almost as fast :)

Im trying to collect resists now, but have six feel im miss something important or doing its wrong :))

Hi, get 75 resis (fire, cold, lightning). Also use a tabula rasa until you got a 6L soul mantle. With 4L you dont get enough dps. With a 6L tabula, you will be able to one shot almost every pack, and this way you will not die so often.

Best wishes!
noob question, 6 link Loreweave is good enought for DPS or i should buy 6 link Soul mantle, i really do not like Soul mantle style

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info