[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

I'm confused... I see some people say to literally change NOTHING on this build because nothing changed with the patch...

But uh... Ritual of Awakening changed so you have at least one less totem.

Still nothing to change?
"
I'm confused... I see some people say to literally change NOTHING on this build because nothing changed with the patch...

Still nothing to change?

I think what people are saying is to get a shield with +1 totem veiled mod to make up for the ritual of awakening change. Don't know how common/affordable they will be though, especially early on.
-1 totems only affecting you at tier 12+ on bosses. aside from that you never spawned more than 2 totems. so whats the deal?
without that 1 totem content still will be facerolled, but maybe 8-12% slower at latest stages.
it could be better
!

well 1 more day to league hype
"

Still nothing to change?

There's not much to change in the passive tree regarding that, really. It's not like you can make up for it there somewhere.

Gear-wise, it will probably mean we are forced to use shields to be able to get the +1 to maximum totems veiled mod. I'm not really a big fan of this since before staves were a perfectly reasonable option, whereas now a shield is pretty much going to be the default.

I also think depending on how you set up it may still be worth running the new Multiple Totems Support even as a Hierophant. I generally don't play Arc totems with Soul Mantle (instead using a Shaper chest for the +1.5-ish spell crit, defensive bonuses and easier management), and at 4 maximum totems (assuming +1 from veiled shield mod) it seems slightly better than running Added Lightning Damage; they're nearly the same overall damage, but it will offer +2% more life regen and +1% more mana regen. It favors Added Lightning Damage a bit more if you are at 5 maximum totems, though you might still consider it for the added regen. I actually don't like that the two gems are as close as they are, it makes the additional totem summon on Ritual of Awakening feel like a pretty bad trade compared to the old +1 maximum totems bonus.

It also remains to be seen if any of the new uniques will have an impact on gear choices, but not something we can plan around yet.
Hey there,

I wanted to start as a totem build and I am deciding between arc and gc. I know the differences but I lack knowledge about how it is performing in the late game. I personally prefer arc, but I want to rush Uber Elder. Question is, should I just go gc?

I wonder if at the begging doing uber elder with arc, no shimmeron, no 21 level arc will be doable or just painful.
Can someone versed in Arc Totem explain to me the main difference between this build and https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201648/?

I'm trying to compare their POB setups and different skilltree approaches, but I simply cannot figure out which one is better and the pros/cons between them.
"
ZeroCloud wrote:
Can someone versed in Arc Totem explain to me the main difference between this build and https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201648/?

I'm trying to compare their POB setups and different skilltree approaches, but I simply cannot figure out which one is better and the pros/cons between them.

Second this request!
"
gonfaloniere wrote:
"
ZeroCloud wrote:

Second this request!

Third!
"
ZeroCloud wrote:

Okay...not the expert you asked for but I've read both guides completely at least.

Biggest difference is their take on Soul Mantle - basically self cursing but maximum dps vs better defensive stats but one less support and totem at max. Also this guide seems to really like Eclipse Solaris for the 'Nearby Enemies are Blinded' mod, which is a neat idea being such a powerful defensive tool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info