3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

it's mandatory the skeleton setup in the weapon?
gg....
Grim, will you run this same build for delve league? minions seem very good for it!

edit:

grim I just got into endgame mapping for the first time. I got my first shaper orbs. Do you have any tips for which maps to shape?
Last edited by sighlight on Aug 15, 2018, 6:09:27 AM
"
lickz wrote:
Thanks for a great and super fun build!

I have played this build as my main in Incursion SC and reached all my goals I can be bothered with. At the moment Im just fooling around with random chars in Flashback while I wait for the next league. I have decent gear in Incursion SC to give away to anyone who is playing this build and need upgrades. I rather give items to a player who need it as an upgrade. So dont bother if you just want to sell it.

The items I have to give away is equipped on my char Bluudtzuckah. Whisper me in game or message me here.

lickz, thank you for letting me have your 6 link Queen's escape! It's my 2nd six link ever and I am truly grateful. I loved what you taught me and I am happy to have made a friend. You are extremely generous!!! He even let me keep his perfect skill gems!

If anyone needs help with this build in Incursion League or when Delve starts, PM me! I can give you gear for this build and also help with questions!

https://imgur.com/a/Yq7nAwd
Last edited by sighlight on Aug 15, 2018, 2:16:37 PM
"
sighlight wrote:
Grim, will you run this same build for delve league? minions seem very good for it!

edit:

grim I just got into endgame mapping for the first time. I got my first shaper orbs. Do you have any tips for which maps to shape?

I'm also interested in your thoughts here. Given the "stay near the crawler" mechanics and the "darkness doesnt hurt minions" mechanics, I feel like minions have a strong shot this coming league. (assuming something isn't super OP'ed or super nerfed)
"

edit:

Congrats Sighlight,

You should shape the easier ones to run for your build. For us, that means maps that you run in a straight line, and can't get lost. Eg. the Beach map is super easy, so shape that one first.

For Delve, the new items might make me want to try something off meta. Right now I'm thinking the new minion accuracy item will bring SRS back into contention. Here's an occultist SRS build I'm thinking of running: https://pastebin.com/LprQs48U

"
I'm also interested in your thoughts here. Given the "stay near the crawler" mechanics and the "darkness doesnt hurt minions" mechanics, I feel like minions have a strong shot this coming league. (assuming something isn't super OP'ed or super nerfed)

Hey Aevaris,

Some thoughts on Delve:
- The monsters are said to get much harder than T16 maps. This will probably mean only strong defences, high EHP builds which scale into lots of damage can be top tier. I don't think any minion build will be in the top tier, but builds like this one will hopefully be a nice cheap way to get in the middle rungs.

- I'm guessing the baddies will come from all sides, so it'll be hard to position yourself to not get hit. Another point in favour of tanky builds, or cast when damage taken builds.

- I maintain my "press less buttons" policy, so I'll always sacrifice effectiveness of a build for easy playstyle. I have a one button SRS build here: https://pastebin.com/LprQs48U
which seems reasonably tanky using this calculator:
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hd136bdTfO-V2jsP9sBCxZS8D0iXqFUgyQx0BtQEOrY/edit?usp=sharing)

I'm testing it out now in standard, and damn that kitavas thirst makes some interesting interactions. I'm trying flame dash, desecrate, bodyswap, lightning warp. It's super fun, and will probably be worth dying a lot just for the hell of it :)

- If you are running this build, then I'm guessing you'll get deeper giving up the minion move speed and running a max block version, such as: https://pastebin.com/0havHrrB
It just scales better with the right items.
Great job Grim! This is actually the 3rd skelly build I have tried and have to say this is my favorite of the bunch. Really wish that summoners weren't so socket starved because my only real issue is that this doesn't leave room for a movement skill and flesh offering.

I have tried my best to follow through the threads and see if this has already been asked, but couldn't find it. Puppet Master vs. Commander of Darkness. Does it all boil down to needing the resistances for your minions?
"

Great job Grim! This is actually the 3rd skelly build I have tried and have to say this is my favorite of the bunch. Really wish that summoners weren't so socket starved because my only real issue is that this doesn't leave room for a movement skill and flesh offering.

I have tried my best to follow through the threads and see if this has already been asked, but couldn't find it. Puppet Master vs. Commander of Darkness. Does it all boil down to needing the resistances for your minions?

Yeah, This caps minion resists and means you personally dont need to find gear with good resists. This makes the levelling process more enjoyable. Its personal preference in the end. Just remember that its likely to be aoe elemental damage that wipes out your skellies before they can hit, and make a boss much harder.
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Aug 16, 2018, 8:44:40 PM
Makes sense. I saw all the goodies in puppet master and salivated. Guess it would really come down to zombies vs. puppet master and I'm not giving up the zombies. I'll trust your judgement and stick with Commander of Darkness. Only 78 and running yellow maps, but things have been super smooth.

Have decided this will be my Delve league starter and super glad I got a chance to try it out in this flashback league. I had currency to start this build, but even without can tell it will do well as long as you prioritize gear with sockets as the skill gems and tree basically carry it. It's fairly easy to get 2 5-links to push into maps/delves and can then just focus on Queen's escape & 6-linking.

Some thoughts in case people are still finding this build:
1) Was able to fit in Flesh Offering by using a 2nd unset ring. It's nice to pop during breaches & abyss.
2) The chieftains is a really nice touch for specters. They really make a lot of ground in terms of speed and can't imagine playing this build without them now.
3) I use a low level phase run in CWDT vs. manually activating. Just find that I really only need the speed burst and phasing when I'm in danger and that guarantees it always procs at the right time. Plus it's lazy...
4) I carry a flame dash in my inventory for annoying map layouts. I just pop it into the unset ring to replace flesh offering when needed.

Grim, wondering your thoughts for Delve and Femur of the Saints vs. Queen's Escape. As we push into the extremes of the mine, do you think there will be a point where slower, more powerful skellies are the way to go or do you think the thesis of weaker, faster hits will still hold up?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info