3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

Had a blast with your build. Was able to do everything I wanted in game with a busy work and fitness schedule. I am going to be doing this build next league as well.
"
If I wanted to fit a movement skill in, something like Leap Slam or Flame Dash because I like to make my z-axis transitions, which one is best and how do I fit it in the gems while losing the least functionality? It probably needs to be supported by Faster Attacks / Faster Casting because it otherways looks like the action is being done underwater

If spamming a movement spell, you get less value out of phase run, so I'd drop that.

The options can be:

Defensive: charged dash and fortify: this sends zombies ahead to take aggro while you hang back. Slower clearspeeds, but safer positioning.

Teleporty: flame dash and faster casting, or
Drop immortal call and run lightning warp, less duration, faster casting

Super safe: drop smoke bombs as you run. Have cwdt plus detonate mines. First damage you take will teleport you a screen backwards out of danger. Plus give movespeed, plus blind.

Ridiculousness: cwdt + phase run, cwdt + bodyswap, cwdt + lightning warp = where am i?
Are supposed to be at 1k strength to benefit from the Baron leech?
Not sure how I get to the 1k?

Thanks
What does everyone think about Death's Oath as the B.I.S. body armour for necromancer?

+50 to all attributes, 1605 more base armour than Belly, 20% more Increased Armour than Belly, and that awesome Death Aura chaos DoT. PoB shows the higher armour is worth 14% more Phys Damage reduction on my character compared to wearing Belly of the Beast.

Death's Oath seems almost custom made for necromancer playstyle. The only thing missing is +1 to socketed gems, but corrupting 6L body armour seems too expensive and risky.

"
What does everyone think about Death's Oath as the B.I.S. body armour for necromancer?

+50 to all attributes, 1605 more base armour than Belly, 20% more Increased Armour than Belly, and that awesome Death Aura chaos DoT. PoB shows the higher armour is worth 14% more Phys Damage reduction on my character compared to wearing Belly of the Beast.

Death's Oath seems almost custom made for necromancer playstyle. The only thing missing is +1 to socketed gems, but corrupting 6L body armour seems too expensive and risky.

Nice idea, but I'm afraid it ends up being pretty lame. I have tried death's oath on this build.
We have nothing to buff the aura, and nothing to reduce the damage taken, so you'll do almost no damage with the aura, and if you are lucky enough to kill some things, you lose HP for your troubles.

Elemental damage and high single physical hits are the thins you need to protect against. Armour does neither. It only protects against lots of small hits. In this regard, it's best to ignore PoB armour calculations, or type in the size of the hit into the space in Pob, and watch that effective physical damage reduction shrink!

This calculator gives a good idea on exactly how poor armour is in this game on your EHP. A little is great, a huge amount is fine, anything in between is meh. https://jsfiddle.net/p7pe80jx/39/embedded/result/

Still, if it's the only six link armour you have, it'll take you to Uber elder as long as your other defences are solid, and the extra attributes are handy.
I'll follow your advice grimlock9999, your guide has been a great source for necromancer info.

Digging thru the wiki, the Armour section includes this little gem:

" armour will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 armour will never prevent more than 100 damage) "

It just feels frustrating. Spend time and chaos on an idea that seems nifty. Find out its been done before and marked sub-optimal. Almost like PoE purposely punishes you for not following build guide from someone with dozens of 90+ level characters.

I appreciate your heads up. Better than me trying to proceed with hidden flaws suddenly popping up later down the road.

"
just feels frustrating. Spend time and chaos on an idea that seems nifty. Find out its been done before and marked sub-optimal. Almost like PoE purposely punishes you for not following build guide from someone with dozens of 90+ level characters.

I can relate, but sub optimal is not necessarily less fun. For example, combini ng armour, block, es and the shield that gives you es on block would be fun to try to fit into a build. It may suck, but it's fun to fail creatively!
"
Psycroz wrote:
Are supposed to be at 1k strength to benefit from the Baron leech?
Not sure how I get to the 1k?

Thanks

Check my profile--I'm sitting at 1,003 because I just wanted to hit the threshold. I could probably push it higher if I wanted to, but I think the next big benefit is at 1,200 (another zombie), and I don't want to make the sacrifices that it would probably take to get to that point.

However, this build is very strong even without the leech from the Baron--it's just a nice benefit to have while my zombies are slamming everything around.
grimlock, great build man! I had been using a little version of Clooney_is_best_Batman's "High Survivability" Zombie build for a long time. Came across this post the other day and didn't even think of using queens escape/skeles, because I would lose way to much defense without a shield.

The mapping speed is nuts and with constant quicksilver flasks up, barely anything hits me and bosses die right quick. Still have 12.5k EHP when spirit offering is up, so dont really feel I lost too much, since the speed is so much greater.

my path of building is here if anyone is interested:

https://pastebin.com/h1Srk7E6

Thanks again!

LB

Last edited by LiquidBronze on Jul 31, 2018, 10:53:19 PM
"
grimlock, great build man! I had been using a little version of Clooney_is_best_Batman's "High Survivability" Zombie build for a long time. Came across this post the other day and didn't even think of using queens escape/skeles, because I would lose way to much defense without a shield.

The mapping speed is nuts and with constant quicksilver flasks up, barely anything hits me and bosses die right quick. Still have 12.5k EHP when spirit offering is up, so dont really feel I lost too much, since the speed is so much greater.

my path of building is here if anyone is interested:

https://pastebin.com/h1Srk7E6

Thanks again!

LB

I love Clooney's builds, and his zombie one is the best of the lot, but here I reckon you've improved on it!

I'm right with on loving that movespeed. I have now spent the entire incursion league looking at other builds and other options compared to this one. I simply cannot find anything that is more satisfying than 100% increased minion move speed.

(I'm currently running something like this SRS build, but with worse jewels: https://pastebin.com/N9GHXFNJ
The minion speed of SRS is insane, but the clearspeed is worse than this skellie/zombie build because you are stationary all the time casting, and it's worse for bossing. Still, it's a fun, cheap build with just 5 links. You're only rarely seeing monsters at all, as the srs leap offscreen and do their work in the dark.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info