Significantly Increasing Access to Spirit Beasts

"
q2ev wrote:
the cost of increased popularity was too high for poe. all these people crying on the reddit, jesus. Please, GGG, you are doing good, you were alwayas listening to the community and were changing game for a better, but iam really not sure all these things wont get worst and worst in the future if the community will outgrown in the crying babies.

that's a valid complaint.

i wouldn't underestimate the effect the reddit circlejerk of the top 300 players has on casuals.

i mean just look at those posts where they cite streamers as if they're poe gods, there is a huge base which doesn't really think for themselves and likely will get sucked into the negativity this shithole always promotes.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Lyonnel wrote:

That game would be so better if we could loot maps elsewhere than on poe.trade.

join a guild and share maps with friends.

they can't really fully randomise map drops because your decicion which path to take through the atlas would become irrelevant.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
Get real, most ppl are playing it and only a few tens of people are crying on this thread xD

Are you sure that this 'most ppl' really playing in Bestiary league and not because 'free portal' or something else?

Who knows, i don't pretend to know why people play and 95% of the playerbase in any league isn't going for 36 challenges anyway... i play the game cos it's PoE and PoE owns... i don't expect every league (which is only a small part of the overall game at the end of the day) to be like playing an entirely different game.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Good news
just one more map
[/quote] You need to "get real" with that thinking, there are more people on standard then ever before. Dont believe me, log into standard and pick an item on poe.goods and attempt to buy it via whispering, you can get nearly any item with 1-3 whispers. During the 1st 2 months of any other league it took atleast 30 whispers and being cussed out 5x to get a single item.

It is so lazy and naive to keep repeating this narrative that the complainers are just a "vocal minority". 98% of the official forums and reddit are not the minority, the small handfull of you fanbois and pokemon nerds are the minority. [/quote]

You gotta be freaking kidding me with your blatantly random and over exxagerated 98% number. Care to show where you pulled that arbitrary number from lmao? Most ppl are playing the league and enjoying it to one extent or another. I ain't no pokemon fanboy so don't project here please, ok? I'm just amused by the excessive crying over small things. Also i've given GGG criticism aswell, even regarding this league. I didn't even say that i enjoy it THAT much so why don't you stop acting like the world is black and white and realize that in REALITY, most ppl never visit forums or reddit (whiners bastion) and just play the game. Just cos you have some random anecdotal evidence of getting 1 trade relatively fast on std, means nothing in the big scheme of things.
98%.... LMAO why even bother talking to someone that writes such silly numbers.... more like 8,9% maybe.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 19, 2018, 7:29:02 AM
"
Arakasi91 wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We also wanted to note (as it's not widely known) that the Beasts that grant access to Spirit Beasts start appearing in Tier 5, 7, 10 and 13 maps respectively.

Guess I'll never see any then as I dont get to T5 maps.

If you don't get into T5 map, you have very low chance for defeating beast Bosses in general. But if you just want a spirit beast in your menageries, then it is a valid objection.

I'm quite surprised, how disappointed is everyone here. Yes, there should be changes in beast rates, yes by itself it is not as much fun as we thought. For me, it is awesome addition to the game. I don't play this league only because of the beasts! I'm trying new skills, reworked ascendancies, I finally got 90 lvl character and finally I'm able to run red maps. I'm finally enjoying endgame content and beast hunting is just one another thing to do. So, I am sattisfied. More beasts would be good, but crying for earlier end of the league is just so disrespectful!

"As we thought"... you guys always jump on the hype train and beat down people for stating doubts on certain mechanics. And it always is the same, those people who didnt HYPUHYYYPE before a league, had been correct every single time with pointing out flaws. This is the same shit on a different day, and I hope they get their crap together and create a proper league next time. People can wait 1 or 2 weeks longer for a damn polished and good league.
Not press out the content to a fixed date as shitty bugfest.

Also the server issues, every damn league the same story. At the start of the league they need to rent more servers and after 1 month they can turn down the number of servers again. No rocket science but they still always mess that one up.
"
Lyonnel wrote:
I don't understand how the map looting has been modified. I'm supposed to loot more maps I don't have since 3.2 but I loot always maps I already did. I did 5 differents T12 maps a very lot of time (at least rare with 20% quality) and I looted only Malformation map, the only T13 I already validated.

That game would be so better if we could loot maps elsewhere than on poe.trade.

Same story for me and my Friend (i got 2 90s and my friend is lvl 94 with his main) Still waiting for Malformation and Palace map to drop lol...
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
Get real, most ppl are playing it and only a few tens of people are crying on this thread xD

Are you sure that this 'most ppl' really playing in Bestiary league and not because 'free portal' or something else?

Who knows, i don't pretend to know why people play and 95% of the playerbase in any league isn't going for 36 challenges anyway... i play the game cos it's PoE and PoE owns... i don't expect every league (which is only a small part of the overall game at the end of the day) to be like playing an entirely different game.

When most people reached 24 Challenges for the wings they are gone btw. You will remember my words. And poetrade will confirm...
I never really liked the new league start over system since it took away from the core game and added back only a portion of the league experience to it after the fact.

I guess its ok.

More beasts are nice, I just want to do more complicated/difficult things with greater rewards. Game is fun when there's a beyond roll with 3 breaches and an abyss... I just want to... see things blow up into pretty herald colors...

PS: I should have just been buying supporter packs all this time since it came with points... #FEELSBADMAN
Last edited by RNJudas on Mar 19, 2018, 8:02:36 AM
Catching Beasts

I would like to point out that I like running into Red Hunts far more than Yellows. My reasoning is that the Yellows just don't have enough life. What is funny is this actually makes them far more challenging as I have to quickly throw my net almost as soon as I see them to have a net out before they die. While the Reds have more life than some Unique monsters I come across which is very helpful in catching them.

Maybe while you guys are working on making Yellow encounters more difficult you can buff the life that they have? Thank you for your time. As always you guys are doing a great job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info