Significantly Increasing Access to Spirit Beasts

"
SKGlish wrote:
Please do not add this to the core game.

Why not? Does it break something? It can help you with leveling. In the endgame, you can sometimes craft something good without buying it (6L for example). Still it won't disturb you much, if the drop of nets is lowered or if they won't drop instead of something else. Mainly the leveling gear is nice to have when you start a league without any economy behind your back.
"
Gehinom wrote:

It gets worse. League with stuff like 30% qual, prophecy, linking, any unique rolling is somehow "objectively" worse than essense which is almost equivalent to free chaos orbs.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you on that. I'll set the 30% quality aside because that is useful and not obtainable via other means (But I will point out if you're using it on a rare that you probably "crafted" that rare using conventional means and not the blood alter which is ironic as this was pitched as a "crafting league").

5 prophecies is a noob trap. If you have 5+ open slots (and you shouldn't have more than 5 vacant because 'the lost maps' and 'lasting impressions' should be blocking your other two) then it's better to use Navali and stop filling your prophecies once you land on something worthwhile - You then complete it if it's triggerable like a fated unique or Pale Court chain or seal it if it's something valuable like gracious master, jewelers touch etc. This increases the rate at which you can re-obtain or contunue the chain of these prophecies. This sounds minute but over the course of hundreds of prophecies it adds up to quite a lot since most valuable prophecies are 10c+

4 links - I will never consider using the blood alter for this. For starters, How many times do you replace your gear for a character? Maybe twice? Once when you start mapping and then maybe once more for a 'BiS' item. I have no shortage of fuses but on average I suppose the Alter would save me 1-2c that odd time where I need to link an item. The time/hassle saved by slamming fuse is worth the cost to me. If I have to spend 3-4 fuse to NOT use the menagerie; sign me up.

'any unique' - The vast majority of uniques are worth whatever the vendor will give you for them. Rings now have an implicit base value of ~2c thanks to the new recipe. Any high value item is just as likely farmed via any other method and so I don't consider the Alter any more valid of an option than turning in divination sets. You could scrap the ENTIRE beast catching/Alter system and just replace the league spawns with div card drops which are not restricted by map.

I'd say the bests are objectively worse than essence. If I see an essence; I can decide if it is worth my time. I can identify its value before even releasing it. Names, colours and shapes of essences are easily identifiable in tier/use/value and from there I can either collect them or ignore them. Not true with beasts. I have NO IDEA what any givin beast is used for when I see it. The game compels me to participate in every beast capture because who the **** knows if I'll need any of them when I visit the alter. I don't know if what I'm capturing is completely pointless or not. All I know is when I visit the alter I usually lack most of the beasts needed for anything I'd like to make which leaves me with the feeling that:
A) My prior play sessions in the league didn't even reward me with anything.
B) I need to capture even more bests

At least with essences I can upgrade lower tiers into higher tiers and sell those if I choose - nothing is wasted. I can appreciate populating the alter's 3 other slots with lower tier beasts but on that note; I never really know if the other beasts I'm using would be needed for some other recipe that I might want. There's a lot of overlap with the alter and using doesn't feel good.

To add to the paragraph above - It feels better as a player to use your knowledge of the game to advance yourself (in character strength or economic wealth). Bestiary League impacts the player with the opposite; Your strengths can obliterate the bests unless you tip toe around them and even capturing them has a nebulous feeling; you don't actually know if you even care about what you just captured. Look at divination cards: You don't pick all of them up. Most can be filtered out because they are a total waste - and how do you know that? Well the card has an identifiable name, set count and the reward is printed on the card. A player is free to want the card or leave it because they use their knowledge of the card set and its value to make that determination. Beasts? First I have to NOT kill the darn thing. Then I need to see the type of beast, its rarity and its mods and from that I'm expected to divine its relevant purpose to me as per the massive blood alter recipe list - That's not going to happen save for maybe 1 or 2 recipes which I might commit to memory.
Bestiary will hopefully not make it into the main game.

Hopefully some of the good ideas in Bestiary can be preserved (ie: so players can have more deterministic crafting that doesn't break the game, primarily to plug holes during the leveling process and in defenses).
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Dead UNPLAYABLE League need more Unneeded updates. Pings+freezes+disconnects+spikes - league of shit.
WE ARE Q ! WHERE WE GO ONE, WE GO ALL !
Who cares how often they spawn when the bosses bug out? I was killing Craiceann and at around 50-60% hp he went underground and got stuck in burrowing animation. The cave at centre did not become active.

So yeah, this wont help if bugs wonbt be fixed.
"
Tonnatos wrote:
Dead UNPLAYABLE League need more Unneeded updates. Pings+freezes+disconnects+spikes - league of shit.

Check your computer or internet provider. I had no freeze or disconnect during the whole league.
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
We initially avoided increasing the spawn rate of these beasts until we had deployed Beast Trading, as there were certainly economic implications of much easier economic access to these beasts.

Good to know that mr. Market and ms. Economy didn't get hurt. Meanwhile you lost many players because players aren't supposed to play with cheap armours, mr. Market takes priority. I'm not falling this time and play these 500-1000maps with the risk of not seeing a single thing

goodbye

I second this and the 1000+ map run meta must change somehow. For fuck sake, we must run at least 16 maps per day the whole league just to finish one of the challenges.

"You'll now come across a Beast that grants access to one of the four Spirit Boss fights approximately once per 50 maps." Once per 50 maps!!! *Mindblown* That's it... I'm uninstalling. Might be back next league, if I don't find another game to waste my life on.
For the love of god, stop balancing around trade. Most people hate trading...
"
Snittgaard wrote:
For the love of god, stop balancing around trade. Most people hate trading...

this
"
You'll now come across a Beast that grants access to one of the four Spirit Boss fights approximately once per 50 maps.

Is this what GGG considers relevant reward at a meaningful pace? Once in 50 maps for a crap little instance with crap little fight with inconsistent and largely inconsequential loot drops. I can only assume that most powerful loot will drop be only from red tier beast, which means we will not see many of those considering how crap is map sustain this league and how costly it is to keep yourself in red tier maps.

"
The team have also been working on increasing the difficulty and reward of the Beasts that spawn once per area (the "yellow" ones), so that fights are more challenging. This goes alongside the improvements to their recipes we made recently, though the reward part was deployed first. They're also working on new recipes that use these mods for other rewards.

While I don't mind yellow beasts to be stronger, I will at least not blow them out of existence before spotting them on mini map, I wonder what improved rewards you are talking about? Best recipe I have and can use frequently is to get 5 new prophecies-Bestiary is my new Prophecy league. 2nd most used recipe are flask resicpes, which while not extremely valuable are very useful and make rolling flasks a lot less painful. Leveling items are nice to have but they will be less and less important as we acquire unique leveling gear. Sure, I can hope for six-link recipe (I actually have it) or look for that damn Craicic beasts for split-recipe but considering how rare these mobs are and that market manipulators are still benefiting most from these recipes, I ask myself why should i bother.

The only saving grace of 3.2. are ascendancy changes and the fact PoE is still the best ARPG on the market. Bestiary league is one of the worst challenge league in PoE history despite the fact it introduces several new mechanics and required new UI elements and game areas to be developed. Yet, fun or excitement are not there. I'm more excited to see Abyss crack or breach than a yellow or even red beast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info