[3.3] Special Scorchflake - 21 Uniques Build! 10k HP - 75 Block Aegis - All Content and Map Mods

"
papaca wrote:
I will check it out. DPS in PoB it's almost 4 x higher with this setup so it might be good... Also i really dont like scorching ray :P

Keep in mind Firestorm's DPS varies depending on the number of balls that hit a target per cast. PoB assumes only one ball hits out of the total 38 balls.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 16, 2018, 7:09:09 AM
"
papaca wrote:
How about: exactly same setup just different attack skills: Incinerate + Magma Orb ? Isn't this a lot more dps with exactly same gear ?

I did some tinkering to create a pure incinerate build that seems pretty good. Only downsides are the lower duration on VRF and the lower armor, but the clearspeed from going Incinerate over Firestorm should make up for it.

https://pastebin.com/sHtvqgxH
Looks really nice, thx for work :)

experimenting with this helmet, what you think?
It's a good helmet if you wanna tank shaper slams, but other than that it's DPS you're after and Black Sun Crest is the best for that. Not only do you get the damage boost from strength, you can also use it to adjust stats to get dex over int (for freeze immunity) and use the +1 gems to get enlighten level 5 for a better aura setup.

Ahn's Contempt is the first helmet that came to mind when I started the build, but the more I tinkered with it the more I realized that the DPS from Crest is just too important. I also tried The Vertex for chaos resistance and ES (it also has +1 to gems), but reached similar conclusions about needing DPS the most.
Noob questions.

How important are the jade, granite and life flask? Could we cut two of them for silver and sulpher flask (more DPS - kill Uber Elder Faster).

How important are the Shield Charge Combo or Flame Dash Combo? Could we just use the Flame Dash Combo or Shield Charge Combo and run Lightning and Flame Golem over the other instead (even more DPS - DIE Uber Elder)?

This is assuming were on the rich boy build and have fire leech on the Amulet (more life so maybe less need for life flask?).
Last edited by magicdownunder on Jul 26, 2018, 4:02:55 AM
For Shaper you might be fine cutting them because you're not facing a lot of hits at once. When it comes to Elder however, it becomes more important if you wanna be able to tank his attacks and portal adds. I think going for a Silver/Quicksilver is good for extra mobility, but I wouldn't dump the Jade flask. Sulphur doesn't give us enough DPS to be worth it IMO.

Flame Dash lets us bypass obstacles and activate Arcane Surge, so it's pretty important. Golems IMO are not worth their cast time and gem slot.

The biggest hurdle I faced against Uber Elder (without a fire penetration watcher's eye) was the Madness Propagators, since below average mobility and burst combined with our weakness to the chaos ground they leave behind often became a deadly combination. You can play around it (damage is of course enough to kill them in time), but that requires being aware of an off-screen shaper beam and such which I wasn't prepared for.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 26, 2018, 4:55:24 AM
Thanks for the fast reply.

That's a shame, I was kinda hoping that the Golem's could just be cast before combat and left alone but without all the other gem supports they will most likely die before they are useful.

Would Dying Sun have any value or is our AoE big enough already (even in boss killing set-up) to take down the Madness Propagators, deal dmg on Shaper/Elder and Null Portals at once?
Having a lot of AoE on your Firestorm might seem nice at first glance, but the more spread you have the less DPS you have. This is why Concentrated Effect is so powerful with Firestorm.

The build is fully capable of beating uber elder, it just requires fast reaction and good gear.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 26, 2018, 7:09:23 AM
"
Novalisk wrote:
It's a good helmet if you wanna tank shaper slams, but other than that it's DPS you're after and Black Sun Crest is the best for that. Not only do you get the damage boost from strength, you can also use it to adjust stats to get dex over int (for freeze immunity) and use the +1 gems to get enlighten level 5 for a better aura setup.

Ahn's Contempt is the first helmet that came to mind when I started the build, but the more I tinkered with it the more I realized that the DPS from Crest is just too important. I also tried The Vertex for chaos resistance and ES (it also has +1 to gems), but reached similar conclusions about needing DPS the most.

You're right. Feels safer with Ahn's Contempt, but Black Sun Crest it's better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info