[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

hey, did u try stormcharger instead of hrimsorrow? ik its only 30% instead of 50% conversion but pob tells me its more dps with those boots
Last edited by bahnschranke on Apr 6, 2018, 3:20:23 PM
"
bahnschranke wrote:
hey, did u try stormcharger instead of hrimsorrow? ik its only 30% instead of 50% conversion but pob tells me its more dps with those boots

i don't get more damage replacing hrimsorrow with stormchargers. about 5% more dps with the boots, about 10% more with the gloves.
but if it is the case for you, by all means you can swap them. just make sure to get physical as extra cold on one of the weapons or the amulet as you still want that cold damage for freezes and shattering.
I think we can improve more DPS and gain more sustain without "Elemental Focus" and replace that for Hypothermia.

For Ascendency Shaper of Desolation + Beacon of Ruin is a insane DPS increase, as we can shock and freeze "EveryThing", like 2 major ascendency nodes that are for DPS and Survival.

I am still 70's and rebuilding many times on PoB.

Until now i can confirm this link order is mandatory:

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Concentrated Effect + Hypothermia + Controlled Destruction + ?

The last link depends if your weapon will have "Gain #% of Physical Damage as extra cold damage".

If you have:
Cold to Fire
If you don't:
Increased Critical Strikes or Add Fire Damage

POB Link: https://pastebin.com/HRPkZBi6
Last edited by danmarzola on Apr 6, 2018, 7:58:09 PM
"
danmarzola wrote:
For Ascendency Shaper of Desolation + Beacon of Ruin is a insane DPS increase, as we can shock and freeze "EveryThing", like 2 major ascendency nodes that are for DPS and Survival.

i do not disagree that the beacon of ruin branch is superior in terms of raw DPS, but i think you are overevaluating it.

first of all, you don't get freezes out of it, only chills.

second, you do shock everything, but not necessarily for full 50% increased damage taken. 20% is granted, the rest still should come from either lightning damage or shock effectiveness. so you are unlikely to get 50% more damage against the shaper as you calculated in your PoB.

third, you have no sustain - only 100 life regen and no leech other than atziri flask. this will not take you very far in big fights.

so it becomes a balance between raw damage and utility / quality of life. having said that, i do recommend the beacon of ruin branch if you are using inpulsa's armour. full screen explosions are just too addictive. as a matter of fact, this is what i am using myself these days.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Apr 6, 2018, 11:46:28 PM
did u try uber elder on it? i guess the fight will be hard due to not enough sustain?
"
bahnschranke wrote:
did u try uber elder on it? i guess the fight will be hard due to not enough sustain?

i haven't had much luck with the elder spawns this league so i haven't tried uber yet.
it is definitely going to be hard but with kaom's roots and good dodging skills it should be possible.
What is the Max DPS boss setup for Inpulsal's Broken heart? I think Elemental Focus is not gonna in right?
"
Hekelin wrote:
What is the Max DPS boss setup for Inpulsal's Broken heart? I think Elemental Focus is not gonna in right?

I am using this: Blade Vortex - Hypothermia - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Strikes - Concentrated Effect

There is an argument that you could still use Elemental Focus and apply ailments with Orb of Storms, but I didn't bother testing that as the above setup gives me over 2.5 mil shaper dps.
I am pretty new to PoE in general, just wondering about leveling with this build. What skills should I be using before Vortex for the Acts? When should I be switching to Vortex? I bought the skill from a vendor at level 18 but I do not meet the requirements to even use it.

Just started your build and it works pretty ok so far. Changed my VD Elementalist to Blade Vortex and threw together some gear i just found in my stash. Missing some lightning resist. Perhaps you could take a look (if you find some time) what i could improve cause im pretty new to blade vortex.
RPGee auf Youtube. Deutsche PoE Beginner-Guides und mehr.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info