[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
worldpk wrote:
"
Crackulous wrote:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist&skill=Blade-Vortex&sort=depth-solo

Sceptres are more popular than any other one handed weapon, sceptre + shield is 40%. Daggers are popular because they can roll caster mods. Foils are easier to fossil craft and have a better implicit. All three are good options.

Ahh yeah, I'm searching without Elemental Overload though.

Here's my search result (Depth 600+, no EO) Sword shield, Dagger shield and Dagger mace are 19%, Mace/shield is 10%.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist&skill=Blade-Vortex&keystone=!Elemental-Overload&mindepthsolo=600&sort=depth-solo

EDIT: Actually changed the search to VBV instead of just normal BV, and it's 22% sword/shield, 6% mace/shield.

1) A sample size of 20 has low significance and there's no reason to ignore non-vaal BV builds. EO ele BV is more popular than non-EO ele BV on the 600+ Delve ladder, if you're looking for the best general BV build, don't look at the Delve ladder - EO ele BV has significantly lower Shaper DPS than non-EO ele BV.

2) Non-EO builds prefer foils because their crit multi implicit can grant the damage increase of a third t3/t2 gain mod at a cheaper cost.

Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 17, 2018, 4:34:02 PM
Spoiler

What items should i change to make more damage and maybe little more defense, btw i use the Single duration cluster tree focusing on life and damage tree
"
Crackulous wrote:
"
worldpk wrote:
"
Crackulous wrote:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist&skill=Blade-Vortex&sort=depth-solo

Sceptres are more popular than any other one handed weapon, sceptre + shield is 40%. Daggers are popular because they can roll caster mods. Foils are easier to fossil craft and have a better implicit. All three are good options.

Ahh yeah, I'm searching without Elemental Overload though.

Here's my search result (Depth 600+, no EO) Sword shield, Dagger shield and Dagger mace are 19%, Mace/shield is 10%.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist&skill=Blade-Vortex&keystone=!Elemental-Overload&mindepthsolo=600&sort=depth-solo

EDIT: Actually changed the search to VBV instead of just normal BV, and it's 22% sword/shield, 6% mace/shield.

1) A sample size of 20 has low significance and there's no reason to ignore non-vaal BV builds. EO ele BV is more popular than non-EO ele BV on the 600+ Delve ladder, if you're looking for the best general BV build, don't look at the Delve ladder. EO ele BV has significantly lower Shaper DPS than non-EO ele BV.

2) Non-EO builds prefer foils because the crit multi implicit could grant the damage increase of a third t3/t2 gain mod at a cheaper cost.

I put it to this low sample size because my goal is to push to 600+ delve for the challenge. Also as for VBV vs BV, I'm not really a fan of not having VBV. The extra damage it brings is very substantial, so I dont really "trust" people's build that's not using it.

I have no intention to do shaper or bosses in general as I have a Zerphi VD PP for that. Would you recommend going the EO version in that case? And on that same topic, why is it I see no MoM + EO builds?
Last edited by worldpk on Oct 17, 2018, 4:13:16 PM
"
worldpk wrote:

I put it to this low sample size because my goal is to push to 600+ delve for the challenge. I have no intention to do shaper or bosses in general as I have a Zerphi VD PP for that. Would you recommend going the EO version in that case? And on that same topic, why is it I see no MoM + EO builds?

EO is better for delves because you want to scale Inpulsa's explosions to one shot packs. Because the explosion damage is a % of enemies' life, it's as strong at depth 100 as it is at depth 1000 if you can start the 'chain.'

Ele BV's offense is its defense. EO + acro/phase acro demands less investment then MoM and when any hit can one shot you, dodge is stronger than more 'life.'

"
Crazyfen wrote:
Spoiler

What items should i change to make more damage and maybe little more defense, btw i use the Single duration cluster tree focusing on life and damage tree

1) Atziri's Promise (more damage, source of leech).

2) Two better one handed weapons (more damage).

http://poe.trade/search/amimimarinomog

3) A warlord's mark ring (non-flask source of leech, endurance charges).

4) A 6L Inpulsa (more damage).
Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 17, 2018, 4:31:02 PM
"
Crackulous wrote:

EO is better for delves because you want to scale Inpulsa's explosions to one shot packs. Because the explosion damage is a % of enemies' life, it's as strong at depth 100 as it is at depth 1000 if can start the 'chain.'

Ele BV's offense is its defense. EO + acro/phase acro demands less investment then MoM and when any hit can one shot you, dodge is stronger than more 'life.'

Fair enough. I think I'll go to toward the EO version in this case. I was a little inclined to go with the Foil in case I wanted to change to Apep's supremacy occultist build later on, but guess I'll just go with a scepter instead.

On that topic, are you a little experienced with the Apep's occultist build? Wondering how it performs compared to the triple herald, considering it's cost is much higher.

Also, I noticed you're using the Self temp chain with HH and Zerphi's heart. Do you feel that's decent for delving? or too squishy due to lack of resists?
Last edited by worldpk on Oct 17, 2018, 6:04:47 PM
"
worldpk wrote:
"
Crackulous wrote:

EO is better for delves because you want to scale Inpulsa's explosions to one shot packs. Because the explosion damage is a % of enemies' life, it's as strong at depth 100 as it is at depth 1000 if can start the 'chain.'

Fair enough. I think I'll go to toward the EO version in this case. I was a little inclined to go with the Foil in case I wanted to change to Apep's supremacy occultist build later on, but guess I'll just go with a scepter instead.

On that topic, are you a little experienced with the Apep's occultist build? Wondering how it performs compared to the triple herald, considering it's cost is much higher.

Also, I noticed you're using the Self temp chain with HH and Zerphi's heart. Do you feel that's decent for delving? or too squishy due to lack of resists?

Occultist
+ 34% less elemental damage taken (1-0.75*0.88) from Incandescent heart's -25% elemental damage taken, Apep's +3% to max res,
+ High curse effect, minimum of 2 curses
+ ES (more 'life' than life, frees one flask)
+ Wicked ward, Apep's faster start of energy shield recharge
+ Gain phys/non-chaos as chaos
+ Profane bloom (25% chance Inpulsa)
+ Malediction (you take 10% reduced damage, enemies take 10% increased damage)
+ One of Forbidden Power/Void Beacon/Vile Bastion
+ 100% chaos resistance

- Ghost Reaver halves your energy shield recharge rate if you want ES leech

Elementalist
+ Reduced herald mana reservation, 25% elemental penetration
+ Minimum of 25% (20*Inpulsa's 1.25) more damage from shock
+ Dual wield gain weapons, scales gained elemental damage
+ Proliferates shocks and freezes
+ Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics
+ Inpulsa

An elementalist's high offence is their defense, freezes and shatters are two of the strongest defenses in the game. An occultist trades this offense for reduced elemental damage taken.

I'm testing self-curse Zerphi's. Depth 500+ isn't a problem for my normal setup nor my Zerphi's setup. I'm tri-herald, have more than 6k life, and 75% fire, 75% cold, 79% lightning res unflasked.

I can post both pastebins when I'm home.

I need to vorici bench chrome my corrupted shackles and finish crafting my ring.
Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 17, 2018, 9:24:25 PM
"
Crackulous wrote:

Occultist
+ 34% less elemental damage taken (1-0.75*0.88) from Incandescent heart's -25% elemental damage taken, Apep's +3% to max res,
+ 100% chaos resistance

Elementalist
+ Dual wield gain weapons, scales elemental damage
+ Inpulsa

An elementalist's high offence is their defense, freezes and shatters are two of the strongest defenders in the game. An occultist trades this offense for reduced elemental damage taken.

I'm testing self-curse Zerphi's. Depth 500+ isn't a problem for both my normal build and my Zerphi's build. I'm tri-herald, have more than 6k life, and 75% fire, 75% cold, 79% lightning res unflasked.

That'd be nice. I got myself a headhunter through the reliquary and during incursion i always wanted to play with HH, thus I'm remaking a BV. Just was undecisive with what build to go. I mostly just wanna do both lvl 100 and Depth 600 for the endgame grind, which i can already do on my Zerphi VD PP but wouldnt really be able to enjoy the HH part of it.

Is self curse worth with just HH or is Zerphi's "necessary" for it to be worth?
"
worldpk wrote:
"
Crackulous wrote:

Occultist
+ 100% chaos resistance

Elementalist
+ Dual wield gain weapons, scales elemental damage
+ Inpulsa

An elementalist's high offence is their defense, freezes and shatters are two of the strongest defenders in the game. An occultist trades this offense for reduced elemental damage taken.

I'm testing self-curse Zerphi's. Depth 500+ isn't a problem for both my normal build and my Zerphi's build. I'm tri-herald, have more than 6k life, and 75% fire, 75% cold, 79% lightning res unflasked.

That'd be nice. I got myself a headhunter through the reliquary and during incursion i always wanted to play with HH, thus I'm remaking a BV. Just was undecisive with what build to go. I mostly just wanna do both lvl 100 and Depth 600 for the endgame grind, which i can already do on my Zerphi VD PP but wouldnt really be able to enjoy the HH part of it.

Is self curse worth with just HH or is Zerphi's "necessary" for it to be worth?

If you want to try Zerphi's, you should self-curse. Zerphi's isn't like headhunter, you need to increase the buff's duration. The good news is it costs 7 regrets to exchange crit/crit multi nodes for curse nodes, the builds are interchangeable. It's fun - you have soul eater 100% of the time (20 second+ soul eater), longer headhunter buffs, and longer flask effects.

It's half ele BV and half this -

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2170998

Edit - I didn't answer your question, sorry. HH's 20 second buffs are enough, don't self-curse. Koam's roots are bad if you don't have soul eater/aren't farming Uber Elder.
Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 17, 2018, 9:21:07 PM
"
Crackulous wrote:

If you want to try Zerphi's, you should self-curse. Zerphi's isn't like headhunter, you need to increase the buff's duration. The good news is it costs 7 regrets to exchange crit/crit multi nodes for curse nodes, the builds are interchangeable. It's fun - you have soul eater 100% of the time (20 second+ soul eater), longer headhunter buffs, and longer flask effects.

It's half ele BV and half this -

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2170998

Edit - I didn't answer your question, sorry. HH's 20 second buffs are enough, don't self-curse. Koam's roots are bad if you don't have soul eater.

Alright thanks for the helpful answers man. I'll go with typical triple herald BV and just slap the headhunter by itself then. I'll try going EO and switch to non EO if I end up liking it less than my ele back in incursion.
I enjoy this build. But I have a problem, I can’t kill Uber Elder. I ask you to see my profile and tell me what to do next. Thank you in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info