[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
Lynes wrote:
"
Crackulous wrote:

If your temp chains gem is lower level than your elder ring's warlord's mark's level, you can both self curse temp chains and warlord's mark curse enemies for endurance charge generation and life and mana leech.

Because maxing your resistances can be a problem, I would recommend purchasing the temp chains enchant on a non-Starkonja helmet (i.e. Lightpoacher). Allocate 1 skill point to Alacrity (+30 dex) if you need dex.

+15 all res - Alira
+25 all res - Skill Tree

You need 95% all res from your aura, jewels, helm, rings, and weapons/shields.

You'll have sufficient mana for Purity of Elements (+27% all res) or PoF/PoI/PoL (41% res of one element) + triheralds because you're an elementalist.

Why does temp chains have to be a lower level?
And I guess I need 95% on all to counter ele weakness, right?

Tested a higher level temp chains gem. You're correct, it doesn't.

In one HoT hit -

1) Temp chains curses the enemy

2) Shackles reflects temp chains

3) Warlord's curses the enemy

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse

The elder mod acts like a curse on hit corruption. The Curse on Hit Support's curses are applied first, elder/shaper mods' curses second.

Purchase any level/quality temp chains gem, neither have any effect in practice.

You'll need 135% all res to be 75% all res in Merciless (-60% all res). 15 + 25 + 95 = 135.

You'll need 34% more all res (i.e. from a Wise Oak/bismuth flask) to be safe in ele weak maps.
Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 19, 2018, 4:52:11 PM
"
Crackulous wrote:
"
Lynes wrote:
"
Crackulous wrote:

If your temp chains gem is lower level than your elder ring's warlord's mark's level, you can both self curse temp chains and warlord's mark curse enemies for endurance charge generation and life and mana leech.

Because maxing your resistances can be a problem, I would recommend purchasing the temp chains enchant on a non-Starkonja helmet (i.e. Lightpoacher). Allocate 1 skill point to Alacrity (+30 dex) if you need dex.

+15 all res - Alira
+25 all res - Skill Tree

You need 95% all res from your aura, jewels, helm, rings, and weapons/shields.

You'll have sufficient mana for Purity of Elements (+27% all res) or PoF/PoI/PoL (41% res of one element) + triheralds because you're an elementalist.

Why does temp chains have to be a lower level?
And I guess I need 95% on all to counter ele weakness, right?

Tested a higher level temp chains gem. You're correct, it doesn't.

In one HoT hit -

1) Temp chains curses the enemy

2) Shackles reflects temp chains

3) Warlord's curses the enemy

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse

The elder mod acts like a curse on hit corruption. The Curse on Hit Support's curses are applied first, elder/shaper mods' curses second.

You need 135% all res to be 75% all res in Merciless (-60% all res). 15 + 25 + 95 = 135.

You'll need 34% more all res (i.e. from a Wise Oak/bismuth flask) to be safe in ele weak maps.

Oh, I get that. Thought you meant 95% total.
Thanks for putting in that much effort and testing temporal chains!

Nonetheless, If I dont want to craft a stat stick myself, would you change anything on my search? http://poe.trade/search/oedoumamaohiki
Last edited by Lynes on Oct 19, 2018, 7:57:20 PM
If you want the practice the Uber Elder fight, try this -

https://poesimulator.github.io/

- Set 'RF DPS' to your Path of Building unflasked, no shock BV DPS*(1+(0.20*shock effect))

For example, if your PoB DPS is 750k and you have 30% increased shock effect, set RF DPS to 750k*(1+(0.20*1.3)) = 945k

- Set Regen to anything lower than your max leech rate (20% of your max life)

- Set RF Degen to 0

- Set SR DPS to 0

"
Lynes wrote:

Oh, I get that. Thought you meant 95% total.
Thanks for putting in that much effort and testing temporal chains!

Nonetheless, If I dont want to craft a stat stick myself, would you change anything on my search? http://poe.trade/search/oedoumamaohiki

Budget - http://poe.trade/search/amimimarinomog (online)

Non-budget - http://poe.trade/search/erewazubohoyah (online + offline)
Last edited by Crackulous on Nov 2, 2018, 3:14:02 AM
Not really feeling the build anymore. It really starts to struggle at highest content - it's too rippy. I can't push past lvl 95 because every now and then something will kill me. And that's with MoM and Acro. You just get pooped on by stuff in delve or some random combo of mods in maps.

Red elder and guardians I can do deathless, but can struggle with the Eradicator since the build has no sustain.

Shaper guardians two I can do deathless, but Chimera is very rippy. Shaper I did with one death, probably could do it deathless with a bit of practice.

But still, I die too often on this build. And the deaths will be 99% of time you absolutely destroy everything on screen and then suddently POOOP you are dead.

But that's PoE I guess, especially with no endurance charges and no amor.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Not really feeling the build anymore. It really starts to struggle at highest content - it's too rippy. I can't push past lvl 95 because every now and then something will kill me. And that's with MoM and Acro. You just get pooped on by stuff in delve or some random combo of mods in maps.

Red elder and guardians I can do deathless, but can struggle with the Eradicator since the build has no sustain.

Shaper guardians two I can do deathless, but Chimera is very rippy. Shaper I did with one death, probably could do it deathless with a bit of practice.

But still, I die too often on this build. And the deaths will be 99% of time you absolutely destroy everything on screen and then suddently POOOP you are dead.

But that's PoE I guess, especially with no endurance charges and no amor.

Yeah, had that issue in incursion with it too, sometimes doing just well, then get deleted. But imo it's not so bad compared to some other builds. Couldnt make it past 93 in incursion, but that's mostly because i started focusing on trying to clear UElder and I'd die very often so I gave up leveling.

A little confused about the "no endurance charges" though as Warlord Mark's should keep you topped up to 3 charges.
Thank you for this build!! I really LOVE it!
Amazing clear speed and DPS. Red Elder on T15 dies in a second.

There are many different options for weapons, there is something to strive for, this only increases the damage, and I like it <3 Rings are kinda tricky, but they worth it.

Thank you for your HUGE work! My respect.
Last edited by Krio_Staz on Oct 20, 2018, 4:45:44 PM
What lvl do you switch to BV?
"
DayWeMet wrote:
What lvl do you switch to BV?

When you have spell echo (after killing Malachai in Act 4) and allocated skill effect duration on your tree imo.
Thank you.
Thanks for this build. First BV I actually like and like playing the skill. Tried once in Incursion and already twice in Delve, but deleted the characters before completing campaign. With this build, I not only enjoy playing BV, but I'm also contemplating stealing my 6L Inpulsa's from my Arcwarp build (currently nearing level 90).

Also wondering if I can live without the sawblade MTX :-p

Update: did my very first Elder this afternoon. Took a lot of portals to defeat the Eradicator, but finally managed to get him down (was the last of the four). The Elder fight was my first ever, and it was a yellow Elder (Museum map). Died four times in the first phase, so I had little hope of defeating him, but the second phase (with the portals) went smoothly and I managed to kill him without another death. So yeah! For a skill that I didn't like before because of the clunkyness, this is really big for me.
Last edited by SwitchBL8 on Oct 23, 2018, 1:47:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info