Not enjoying the quest for the Uber Elder

"
Xarchen wrote:
i have 100+ ex and haven't zana quest. and doesn't drop shaper's orb other people's map. you can't buy zana quest. am i right?

No, as far as I know, if you get someone else to host the fight, you won't get the zana quest (so even if you kill Uber, it doesn't count).
Last edited by MECHanokl on Mar 27, 2018, 1:16:15 AM
The mechanic sucks (so does Atlas in general). It's one of those "fuck this game" things.

I miss the old and fun PoE, where you can just put whatever map in and go slay monsters.

Last edited by toyotatundra on Mar 27, 2018, 3:57:17 AM
Totally agree with op. I'm in the same situation and can't get the last fragment. Isn't it funny that you don't see any of the streamers or whales still grinding for the last fragment they all farming uber elder. I know damn well GGG let it spawn in the right locations for streamers so streamers can show off the new content in hope to get more players into the game.
Truth is if you not advertising their game through twitch or supporting the game with thousands of dollars they don't give a shit about you. They make the streamers/whales get what they want when they want makes them money keeping their golden gooses happy.

Anyways I have 150/150 guardians killed + some trying to get this fragment. In honor of the op gonna share my screenshot :D
WTB Map drops since 2013
When you clear Elder influence, run t16 guardian maps until a new one spawns. This may help.

When an Elder influence spawns, if the spawn point is anywhere below t13-14 maps, spread the influence up to a t15 map, then clear all but five maps from Elder influence, leaving only a t15 map and four maps closest to it influenced. After this spread the influence again until Elder spawns. There was a theory that Elder spawns near the maps that are first influenced, and based on my personal anecdotal evidence it has at least some level of credibility (to me). You may be able to game the system by making a fake early influence near a t15 map the way I described.

^ Both of these are untested and unproven, but if you're tired of complete RNG, why not give 'em a shot?
"
MECHanokl wrote:
And the funniest thing is that this content is NOT EVEN ACTUALLY GATED. You want to know why? Because if you are really looking for the experience of the fight itself, you can simply pay for it. Ask somebody (one of those Uber service guys, or any of your frineds who have it unlocked) to host the fight for you, then go in and kill Uber. BAM. Problem solved.

This is most WTF argument ever. It only confirms that you are who I think you are - let's call it 'unqualified' to avoid stronger words. Please don't continue. This thread is about an issue that does not affect you and will not affect you any time soon, and you have no business arguing with those who are forced to deal with it.
"
When you clear Elder influence, run t16 guardian maps until a new one spawns. This may help.

When an Elder influence spawns, if the spawn point is anywhere below t13-14 maps, spread the influence up to a t15 map, then clear all but five maps from Elder influence, leaving only a t15 map and four maps closest to it influenced. After this spread the influence again until Elder spawns. There was a theory that Elder spawns near the maps that are first influenced, and based on my personal anecdotal evidence it has at least some level of credibility (to me). You may be able to game the system by making a fake early influence near a t15 map the way I described.

^ Both of these are untested and unproven, but if you're tired of complete RNG, why not give 'em a shot?

One of my attempts spawned the initial Elder influence in the SW red maps, near Lava Lake. I spread it to the NW quadrant following the 3x T15 strategy. Yet the Elder spawned in T13 or T14 there (in the NW maps), i.e. not near the initial location.

However, when I finally got him, it just so happened that I took Reef the last. I had 18 Elder maps before that, took Reef as 19th, a random Elder advance took another map somewhere in T9-10, and the Elder spawned in the Reef. Probably a coincidence too.

Anyway, I got it after 287 hours in the league, most of which was spent trying to spawn a T15 Elder. This is absolutely fucktarded. I will not be going through this again. Considering just skipping 3.3 altogether because I expect it to be a minor release with nothing new and mostly polishing the Pokemon content (of course it's going to be a part of the game from now on) with some skill rebalance/nerfs. They will probably adjust the chances a little more, but it's going to take another league and more people complaining before they scrap this stupid RNG gating.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Anyway, I got it after 287 hours in the league, most of which was spent trying to spawn a T15 Elder. This is absolutely fucktarded. I will not be going through this again. Considering just skipping 3.3 altogether because I expect it to be a minor release with nothing new and mostly polishing the Pokemon content (of course it's going to be a part of the game from now on) with some skill rebalance/nerfs. They will probably adjust the chances a little more, but it's going to take another league and more people complaining before they scrap this stupid RNG gating.

Hey, glad you took my suggestion after all. Good for you.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
MECHanokl wrote:
And the funniest thing is that this content is NOT EVEN ACTUALLY GATED. You want to know why? Because if you are really looking for the experience of the fight itself, you can simply pay for it. Ask somebody (one of those Uber service guys, or any of your frineds who have it unlocked) to host the fight for you, then go in and kill Uber. BAM. Problem solved.

This is most WTF argument ever. It only confirms that you are who I think you are - let's call it 'unqualified' to avoid stronger words. Please don't continue. This thread is about an issue that does not affect you and will not affect you any time soon, and you have no business arguing with those who are forced to deal with it.

He's too deep in the kool-aid to make even a reasonable argument, but like I said before he might as well be asking for a paycheck from GGG how convoluted his arguments have become.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I have the same feeling that getting the last elder orb felt like a chore vs rewarding.
Yeah, to me it's so obviously bad that I won't bother with it unless it happens by chance. Feel for everybody that has been going for the orb and gotten super bad RNG. Maybe to somebody it felt like a nice reward afterwards, but I think it's too much and too random.

Can't care, because then it would piss me off. Though not caring is bad also, because it makes me just not engage in a part of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info