Not enjoying the quest for the Uber Elder

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
I tried my hardest to get a t15 memory frag last league and it never happened, been trying in std and it's been a complete waste of time, I honestly feel bad for anyone attempting this in a league, it's borderline impossible.

It took me so long to get the 15th one.

I may not play another league again if there is always gonna be a Zana Questline challenge lmao, that shit sounds awful to me to start fresh every 3 months doing Elder and trying to spawn Memory Fragments.

This is worse than pretty much every other RNG reliant mechanic they've put in this game.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Grauthrim wrote:
More and more i'm convinced that GGG only caters to the 1% of players they consider "whales" and that's it. They don't care about casual players, people with jobs or children, they literally don't care. You won't get forum feedback from the devs on important issues or extended threads that go on for pages. They won't deal with it, they just don't care, its that easy.

Chicken dinner.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
My daily FU to GGG:

"
We are keeping a close eye on other feedback, especially about the drop rates of things like Maps and Shaper Memory Fragments (which gate the absolute pinnacle content of Path of Exile and are not meant to be easy to find).

Apparently, this piece of shit is not meant to be found in mere 230 hours, that would be 'too easy'.

The 'absolute pinnacle' of bad design.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 21, 2018, 2:31:19 PM
Another day, another 2 red elders, another ray of hate to the $#*%^& who designed this 'absolute pinnacle' of idiocy.

F U
I can top anyone's shitty experience with this so-called "quest". I've been ganking the black blotches daily on the Atlas and haven't seen a Memory Fragment drop in three weeks. Yes, I've seen the green text and heard the Vincent Price monolog over and over while mapping, and had the game freeze right in the middle of boss fights. And after the map's clear? NOTHING BUT TRASH.

If you ask me, there's NO RHYME OR REASON, it's nothing more than random-ass dice tosses. Just like the braindead Ascendency Trials that GGG scatters sporatically through the maps.
Last edited by RogueMage on Mar 22, 2018, 10:17:16 PM
Same here, past week tried to get last two fragments, not a chance everyday i got like 2-3 elders to spawn,but not where I need them, im done with it, and until they dont change the quest, I will not try anymore.Its bad design make it harder to get by making we fight both guardians at the same time, or Elder guardian and Shaper at the same time, make the fight harder, but not pure RNG.

Unreal. Just unreal. I've lost count how many red elders I've killed, pretty sure it's over 20 now, and most of them had 3 T15 maps available.

A rhethoric question to the asshole who designed this: have you done any testing, run any simulations to see how many tries on average it takes to get the final memory fragment? Or is it actually designed to take multiple weeks?
Design intent should not be new to you. Same design intent of Original Atziri where they made midnight impossible to find. Then you had to run like 400 of her to find mortal set. Grind baby grind.

Lucky I was standard by 3rd day of this shitty league and was doing uber Elder off my legacy filled Atlas day 3 as well and didnt have to put up with this. I work to much to deal with excessive RNG gating.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 23, 2018, 8:15:10 PM
I'm done.

Wont say more than what been said in those post.
I'm pissed off

If you GGG was planning to get customers play more thats a waste.

-Map Substain
-T15 elder spawn
-Permanent Elder Cycle
-RMT spam

I'm gone
I have to agree with a lot of the points already made in this post. Nothing new for me to add besides that I feel that over the past few patches, most content and leagues (and league achievements) cater towards the solo player. I myself barely ever play alone, hence the reason I've made support characters over the past few leagues. My dissapointed was prety great to find that when we (me and my friend) finaly found a T15 elder, that only the atlas owner receives quest credit (and associated orb + achievement).

You say this gates the absolute pinnacle of content and it should not be easily obtainable, with which I agree fully. The definition of easy however is not to spend 30 minutes if lucky, or 300 hours if unlucky on it. Make it hard, expensive, a grind in the sense that you always make progress, but please don't make it so heavily based on chance.

Just my two cents, thanks for reading!
IGN: Valeatron
Last edited by Valeatron on Mar 24, 2018, 2:32:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info