[3.5] Elder Bleed Gladiator ft. Blasphemer's Grasp

There may be a good chance to orb of chance to elder unique items. There are good unique items such as Belly of the Beast which is the only unique to be rolled by using certain body armour.

Edit: By the way, I crafted an Elder Belly of the Beast on 12 April

Belly after 2 divines

Last edited by NEPHAN on Apr 12, 2018, 9:22:05 AM
So, i am playing this build right now at hc bestiary. Stuff was on the more expensive side of things but i got about 3ex worth of gear dumped into the character to be operational at the level i want him to be. And I wish to share some of my experiences with this build so far.

Here is the gear I am using.
Spoiler

Leveling was really smooth when taking all the major bleeding stats and focusing from that point on only on getting hp. I took more hp notes at the marauder than he did putting me at a comfortable 5,5k hp. I skipped Mind over Matter entirely as it was very annoying to deal with in the early levels with limited amounts of mana. More of a endgame thing as I see it. In the end, even with a crappy shield, I could solo and face tank everything. It was very nice.

I see no need in getting Iron reflexes if you simply avoid getting evasion all together freeing up valuable skill points. Getting a good axe with bleeding on it is really tough as even the best axes with this trait hover at around 260dps on hc.

Now I am at the start of mapping and once I have Mind over Matter I can give out a bit more detailed mapping but so far, I am digging this build.
"
Squary wrote:
In the end, even with a crappy shield, I could solo and face tank everything. It was very nice.

It is good to hear that you liked the build

"
Squary wrote:
I see no need in getting Iron reflexes if you simply avoid getting evasion all together freeing up valuable skill points.

Fair point. I also amended the guide by putting this wording: ""Iron Reflexes" node is optional depending on your character's armour & evasion"

"
Squary wrote:
Getting a good axe with bleeding on it is really tough as even the best axes with this trait hover at around 260dps on hc.

"30% increased damage with bleeding" on your axe is quite nice

"
Squary wrote:
Now I am at the start of mapping and once I have Mind over Matter I can give out a bit more detailed mapping but so far, I am digging this build.

Please let me know how build works in HC after getting Mind Over Matter
Alright, a bit of a update. I managed to get my hands on a nice weapon upgrade, am currently level 80 with 5.4k health, 1,3k mana unreserved and am farming some moderate t10 maps.

After getting the uberlab ascendancies and Mind over Matter things became much more smoothly. I see myself rarely dipping in health. Since I play on HC i adjusted some things and added some endurance charge generation. Mostly achieved with endurance charge on stun on shield charge and Reckoning.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, i don't seem to rip everything apart with shield charge alone. I have to charge in, do a lacerate attack and move to the next pack which still feels fast and satisfying.
Really nice axe. There is no doubt that Shield Charge bleed damage is significantly less than Lacerate bleed damage which makes me being in need of dashing couple of times as map tier increases. %Increased bleeding duration on axe can also help ability to clear thrash mobs with Shield Charge as map tier increases.
You state, in the build guide, that the Full potential is very expensive, but is there a way to play as a league starter or a low budget version?
If yes, what would be the total cost for a working low budget version?
"
Funinyourgame wrote:
You state, in the build guide, that the Full potential is very expensive, but is there a way to play as a league starter or a low budget version?
If yes, what would be the total cost for a working low budget version?

Yes, sure. It is perfectly ok to play it by using cheap Elder items or without having any Elder items at all. It does not take anything to get build going. It is incredibly smooth while leveling especially after picking up "Crimson Dance" node in passive skill tree.

I would say, it wouldn't take more than 20c to have a working version just as an estimate. Let me look into poe.trade, I will get back to you on cost of low budget version with Elder items.

Edit: By sacrificing 6th link from chest armour (5 link + 1 unlinked), it seems that you can come up with a solid character having Elder items in all slots by spending 35-40c. If you get a normal chest instead of Elder one, it will be even cheaper (i.e ~30c).
Last edited by NEPHAN on Apr 24, 2018, 10:15:13 AM
Thank you very much for the info, I'll Probably start one soon before the League is over.
I am looking forward to hearing more from you once you start playing. Enjoy!
Last edited by NEPHAN on Apr 24, 2018, 10:59:56 AM
Hey, great build! The map mod immunity really caught my eye on this build. I've been looking at yours and Ghazzy's bleed build and I wondered if I could do a build that focuses heavily on ailment (bleed) damage and leech (instead of MoM). I came up with the following build.

Seemed like a great build with all the notable nodes covered. Unfortunately, I've learned that leech only applies to attack damage, not ailment damage such as bleeding or burning. As far as I'm aware of, there is no node or unique that allows leech from ailments. Damn. So I'm reverting back to your MoM method, however I have one question. Why aren't you taking these following nodes?

Spoiler
The nodes in question are circled in red. The Dirty Technique node and the two nodes in front of it gives a total of 85% increased damage with bleeding and 20% increased bleeding duration. Seems too good to pass up in my opinion.

The nodes circled in blue could be cut out to afford these nodes before hitting 92. Cuts could be made else where else too, I'm sure.

The tree in question if you're curious. Not 100% definite for me, as I'll be trying to get 100% chance to apply bleeds so some nodes will be cut/taken to make that happen.

Otherwise, great build. I'm very much looking forward to when I get this going in maps!
Last edited by Crobahm on Apr 26, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info