[3.2] Chain-Prolif Elementalist (A new way to play ignite) HC endgame viable

Been leveling this build the last 2 days on BHC, up to 75 so getting closer to Stormfire.

I leveled with 4l Flameblast and 5 golems, picking up golem ascendacy to spec out of later. It's def. not needed after the HoA change but was fun.

Currently prefering my Fireball to Flameblast, but both works really well. I also frequently just shield charge around and let the prolif/inpulsa combined with lightpoacher do its work. Unsure if 2 rolling flames is at all needed, but it does seem to just hit a ton of area so it's fun.

Hp is around 4450 with 1270 unreserved mana so I feel safe enough for yellow maps even at this point.

Plan is to map a bit more, got a ton of low tier maps to just run through and get a lab boost for the Discord ascendancy.

Current gear:
Spoiler
how viable is the worm flask for bossing with the HoA overkill dmg?
This build is super interesting , well done .

Do you think it is possible to create something similar with cyclone , to let this kind of prolif with cyclone on an elementalist it would be so cool :)
Last edited by F4ster on Mar 18, 2018, 9:25:48 PM
"
ctvdade11 wrote:
how viable is the worm flask for bossing with the HoA overkill dmg?

i didnt try it, its definitly better to build a proper bosskiller rather than playing with a worm flask and no leech or high regen for bossing with this build.

It can probably even do shaper but why would you do it with this build if other builds are 10 times stronger and safer for that. Worm blaster is just very hit or miss and especially bosses with invuln phases make it very hard to use.
"
F4ster wrote:
This build is super interesting , well done .

Do you think it is possible to create something similar with cyclone , to let this kind of prolif with cyclone on an elementalist it would be so cool :)

i mean it probably works but cyclone hits often with little damage so both ignite and hoa overkill wont do much damage. There are definitly better options for cyclone
luckly with this league you can touch "Undying Flesh Talisman"

throw it at boss and it will spawn zombie around boss which can use are scoure of dmg to kill boss easier
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
i leveling a character to do this build with dual poet's pen and generic volatile dead stuff
i reached maps now,swap the gear to dyadius and impulsa's but my attack speed is so low,any tip to improve that?
also,why do you take elemental equilibrium? the shield charge and flameblast deal fire,cold and light dmg,this increase all resistances at same time instead of reducing
Last edited by francorocco23 on Mar 20, 2018, 8:45:35 PM
"
francorocco23 wrote:
i leveling a character to do this build with dual poet's pen and generic volatile dead stuff
i reached maps now,swap the gear to dyadius and impulsa's but my attack speed is so low,any tip to improve that?
also,why do you take elemental equilibrium? the shield charge and flameblast deal fire,cold and light dmg,this increase all resistances at same time instead of reducing

get quality faster attacks, attack speed on gloves and jewels with attack speed. Always use Blood Rage!

That's right but the +25% res does'nt matter for clear (if done right you deal enough damage to be able to use EE without lowering clearspeed), but the -50% res is very important for single target. Try to always keep up orb of storms on bosses and never get any added fire dmg to spells on gear or jewels. Orb of storms only deals cold and lightning damage and makes flameblast initial hit, ignite and HoA burn do a lot more damage with -50% to fire than not having EE.

I switched to EE once i needed more single target, which was about t8 maps. It's a tradeoff and cant be generalized but at some point EE is overall just better than not having it for clear and bosses.
Last edited by Zuldra94 on Mar 22, 2018, 9:15:33 PM
Here's my proof of concept from a low tier map for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cO84WJH-h0 - this wasn't using a Dyadus or EE yet. Dyadus is in my weapon swap for bosses now. This was a couple of days ago but it's still going while leveling in t7-t8 maps currently. I've elected to go with Lightpoacher, it works really great with it even when using Brightbeak.

Innervate-Faster Proj-Pierce in the Lightpoacher works the best and good utility. I tried Chain, GMP, Fork and all combinations but Faster Proj is a must and Pierce spreads Beacon of Ruin functionality further than other combinations.

Also currently trying out a cheaper Impresence (lightning) for survivability and some functionality with a free Conductivity.

"
The Maddening Presence is a buff that slows nearby enemies by 10% and reduces their damage by 10%.

Char link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/chumppi/characters?characterName=chumppicritterparable

Edit: T11 Underground Sea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0LVDEOWPQ
Last edited by chumppi on Apr 4, 2018, 2:30:24 PM
Nice build.
Does this build deal ignite or hit damage?
The PoB numbers look pretty low, but in the videos the build melts everything. Is it not calculated right or is the damage fine?
How good is it against bosses?
Can you tell me what items were used in the t14 dark forest run?
Thanks! :)
Last edited by DerKopfloseHund01 on Mar 26, 2018, 6:17:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info