[3.2] Chain-Prolif Elementalist (A new way to play ignite) HC endgame viable

"
How did you level till 80 before putting on Stormfire? Does it work without it, or is it "meh" until 80?

It worked pretty well, no issues in low maps. I literally leveled with ignite flameblast with a random 6L.
"
How did you level till 80 before putting on Stormfire? Does it work without it, or is it "meh" until 80?

I would recommend using Flameblast Initial Hit setup. It works pretty well till 80.
Thanks for the feedback so far! I think I'll scrap the MF idea for now. In your experience so far do you think this is an "all-content" sort of build with enough investment, i.e. Shaper and high tier Elder, or more of a mapping build?

Edit: Also, does the AMOUNT of cold/lightning damage on the gems matter at all?
Last edited by Brentyfresh on Mar 16, 2018, 2:57:01 PM
Is the shield really worth more than another 100% burning damage taken from a second Dyadus? I assume you played around with it in PoB, but that's a little surprising to me.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Mar 16, 2018, 2:59:57 PM
"
Brentyfresh wrote:
Thanks for the feedback so far! I think I'll scrap the MF idea for now. In your experience so far do you think this is an "all-content" sort of build with enough investment, i.e. Shaper and high tier Elder, or more of a mapping build?

Edit: Also, does the AMOUNT of cold/lightning damage on the gems matter at all?

It's not good for boss killing if you cant abuse herald of ash so probably wont go for shaper or elder with this. It's more for mapping
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Is the shield really worth more than another 100% burning damage taken from a second Dyadus? I assume you played around with it in PoB, but that's a little surprising to me.

First, without a shield the build is completely different, shield charge is used to kill things in this build.
Second, without shield charge you are much slower while mapping thats enough to not even consider dual wield.
Third, you dont need the damage at all and if you use one its about 20% more ignite damage with 30 esh stacks and you probably have more while mapping, if you already using one and shock for 50%. That doesnt even include the inital hit damage you lose without esh's mirror and that you need another lightning dmg source for flameblast.

It's just 100% not worth it except you go for a ignite bosskiller build which this isnt. For single target it gives about 30-40% more ignite dmg but 2/3 of single target is initial hit if you dont hit a herald of ash burn. And if you hit it, the boss is dead no matter what.
Would this even be possible with RF? If there was a way to scale RF's survivability for bosses together with the clear, it might be pretty good.
RF doesnt prolif so it kinda does not work. But it might improve the clear a lot if you can somehow do enough dmg with just shield charge and prolif ailments from only that and add the dmg from RF. Would be interesting to see such a build, it could actually be great :)
It's hard to say without thinking a lot about it, would require a lot of theroycrafting good luck if you want to try it
Last edited by Zuldra94 on Mar 17, 2018, 12:47:33 PM

Great idea and really interesting for me to try out so far!

One quick question as im in lvling progress ( hc ) and doing the lab soon.

In which order do u skill the ascendancy ?

Thx in advance!

Ah and just as a general idea for the build guide : Maybe add like 3 different skill trees to show the progression in the tree while leveling.
I know its porb. some extra work but it would be a great help especially for ppl like me that play HC.
=)

"

Great idea and really interesting for me to try out so far!

One quick question as im in lvling progress ( hc ) and doing the lab soon.

In which order do u skill the ascendancy ?

Thx in advance!

Ah and just as a general idea for the build guide : Maybe add like 3 different skill trees to show the progression in the tree while leveling.
I know its porb. some extra work but it would be a great help especially for ppl like me that play HC.
=)

first go beacon of ruin then for mastermind of discord. sadly i just died and i dont have much time in the upcoming week, the tree should be pretty obvious go from witch to templar and take everything there make sure to get 3.5k life and 1k mana for kitava.

I dont like to make progression trees because i take whatever i need at that moment and that is often different from char to char with different gear
Last edited by Zuldra94 on Mar 17, 2018, 4:52:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info