[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
With leap slam + FA + BM, movement shouldn't be that much of an issue and still be pretty quick (until you hit a door that you get stuck on).

Yea i guess my gem lvl/quality are the main issue for movement and the low attack speed maybe.

"
As for abyssus, as long as you have 80% or above phys damage reduction which is really easy with this build, then the damage taken increase is really not that noticeable, for example at level 94 with no abyssus, an Izaro slam might take off like 5-10% HP for me, or at least the health bar barely moves so it looks like it only takes that much, with abyssus you might lose 8-13%

Thank you for this information, i'll try it with abyssus later this day.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Chrom wrote:
Thanks for the explanations guys!

My char is still 77 and the leech I was referring to was life; mana is fine. Life is fine too once it starts. It's just the initial engage/jump into the pack that can be painful.

Do you mean at the very start of the map, when you have no charges up?

As a Juggernaut, you could run Enduring Cry. If you use it next to a pack, you should get 2-3 charges for it's use. Each charge you gain has a 25% chance to put you at max immediately, so there's a high chance that 1 cry is enough to max you and then you won't be at risk at all anymore.

Maybe he's talking about the degen from Nebuloch? because why would he have life problems before he starts mapping?

Because without charges up, we are quite squishy obviously? It would never be degen from Nebuloch, as that deals no damage without charges. Every charge provides more regen than degen, so he'd never notice. Even 40% less life recovery is doable with Blood Rage up.

He says his initial jump into the pack. Juggernaut doesn't have to do that, just cry next to it for 10 charges, then jump in. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 20, 2018, 4:16:25 AM
I'm looking for a build that can push either to level 100 or to depth 600 (for the challenge) while being relatively forgiving to player mistakes, as I'm easily distracted and keep dying to random simple things with most of my characters (which are often squishy).
Is this a solid build for level 100 / depth 600? If not, would someone kindly point me in the right direction? And how does this build compare to the "undeniable jugg" sword & board MS build?
Thank you!
"
grimchip wrote:

edit: also want to clarify that increasing the area of molten strike in any way does not decrease the chance for the balls to hit (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V-WLgY5KQLBOHwMdLrBs4Z04y3W7PL5cWnHEmlHhfbs/edit#gid=1489701235), as the balls radius scales with the skill radius, although point blank will have less of an effect. This makes dying sun a roughly ~15% singlet target dps increase and a significant boost to the clear speed of the build. As when it comes to clear, the more area of effect this build can get, the better.

Another thing is that Dying Sun gives +50% fire resistance so it will lower your fire damage mitigation (The Wise Oak)
"
Xavathos wrote:

He says his initial jump into the pack. Juggernaut doesn't have to do that, just cry next to it for 10 charges, then jump in. :)

Chieftain doesn't have to do that either, just cry next to it for 6-8 charges, then jump in :p
"
loonypt wrote:
I'm looking for a build that can push either to level 100 or to depth 600 (for the challenge) while being relatively forgiving to player mistakes, as I'm easily distracted and keep dying to random simple things with most of my characters (which are often squishy).
Is this a solid build for level 100 / depth 600? If not, would someone kindly point me in the right direction? And how does this build compare to the "undeniable jugg" sword & board MS build?
Thank you!

Compared to the "undeniable jugg" build, this one has :
+ 200% more damage
+ 50% more damage mitigation
= less or same cost
- 1200 less life (which is about 15% mitigation => this build wins)
- less block chance and life gain on hit (but more life leech and regen)
- less attack speed (so faster leaping)

On paper, you can push to level 100 and to depth 600 or more (I haven't pushed to level 100 and I'm playing SSF this league so I can't confirm). The life gain on hit could be in some cases better than leech/regen, but at least with this build you can survive oneshots better than the other build.
Been testing this build. Lots of fun so far :)

Because we're so squishy, Labs are next to impossible with this build. at least doing it quickly without waiting 16secs for the ECs.Is there something I'm missing or is this not going to be a Lab runner character?

Thanks again for the guide. Super fun :) Hoping to try to down UE for the first time with this character.
"
Krooner wrote:
Been testing this build. Lots of fun so far :)

Because we're so squishy, Labs are next to impossible with this build. at least doing it quickly without waiting 16secs for the ECs.Is there something I'm missing or is this not going to be a Lab runner character?

Thanks again for the guide. Super fun :) Hoping to try to down UE for the first time with this character.

This build is not super fast, sorry :D

Maybe you can buy 2 Precursor's Emblem with "15% chance that if you would gain Endurance Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Endurance Charges", equip them when you swap weapons and you'll get your full EC after 4 seconds (hopefully).

If you find one with +1 extra EC, you can even replace Kaom's way rings.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 20, 2018, 11:32:30 AM
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Wow! I bought my Abyssus for 2 exalts (Bestiary).
As grimchip, dying sun could increase your dps by 15%. Atziri promise is 10% more dps (so 5% less damage than dying sun). If you want to buy dying sun, get one with the least possible area of effect.

why low roll on area effect? I don't get the point
Last edited by Kalenji87 on Sep 20, 2018, 11:33:05 AM
"
Kalenji87 wrote:
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Wow! I bought my Abyssus for 2 exalts (Bestiary).
As grimchip, dying sun could increase your dps by 15%. Atziri promise is 10% more dps (so 5% less damage than dying sun). If you want to buy dying sun, get one with the least possible area of effect.

why low roll on area effect? I don't get the point

Increasing AoE will decrease projectiles chance to hit single target (because they will land farther) and reduce their damage (because of point blank).
AoE is good for maps and bad for bosses (single targe)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info