[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Krooner wrote:
Been testing this build. Lots of fun so far :)

Because we're so squishy, Labs are next to impossible with this build. at least doing it quickly without waiting 16secs for the ECs.Is there something I'm missing or is this not going to be a Lab runner character?

Thanks again for the guide. Super fun :) Hoping to try to down UE for the first time with this character.

This build is not super fast, sorry :D

Maybe you can buy 2 Precursor's Emblem with "15% chance that if you would gain Endurance Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Endurance Charges", equip them when you swap weapons and you'll get your full EC after 4 seconds (hopefully).

If you find one with +1 extra EC, you can even replace Kaom's way rings.

Ok awesome. Thanks for the reply :) Still having loads of fun. Just need to be patient with Labs I guess.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

He says his initial jump into the pack. Juggernaut doesn't have to do that, just cry next to it for 10 charges, then jump in. :)

Chieftain doesn't have to do that either, just cry next to it for 6-8 charges, then jump in :p

True that. :D

Always cry before you start doing anything, like real... men... hmm...
-hits head with sledgehammer-
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 20, 2018, 3:28:13 PM
"
Krooner wrote:

Because we're so squishy, Labs are next to impossible with this build. at least doing it quickly without waiting 16secs for the ECs.Is there something I'm missing or is this not going to be a Lab runner character?

Thanks again for the guide. Super fun :) Hoping to try to down UE for the first time with this character.

What now, is this build squishy or tanky ?
I'm thinking about giving this build a try (already have a lvl 94 chieftain i would respecc into this), and OP mentioned it pretty tanky (which is important for me this league).
Since HC players confirmed this i would assume OP is right ?!
"
Arrensen wrote:
"
Krooner wrote:

I'm thinking about giving this build a try (already have a lvl 94 chieftain i would respecc into this), and OP mentioned it pretty tanky (which is important for me this league).

Lab is much, much easier with this build if you're a Juggernaut, not a Chieftain. Traps will grant you charges all the time and in turn make you immortal.

When I'm standing in a spike trap AFK, my life regen is 2k and my armour is 36k. The spikes coming up don't even more the HP bar at all after the first time.

Same goes for the saw and blade traps, but be careful as those don't hit and thus don't constantly provide charges for you. They will drop off eventually and you will get seriously hurt. Most of those obelisk things though, you can use to either get hit for refresh on charges or enduring cry (as it counts as an enemy) to refresh charges.

The crying part works just as well on a Chieftain btw, but gaining max charges is a pain. You'll have to cry at an obelisk 9 times to get 9 charges. All those tears, such a waste of good suffering.

That's the way to do Lab easily though. Obelisks = charge fuel stations.

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 21, 2018, 7:15:36 AM
"
Arrensen wrote:
"
Krooner wrote:

This is one of the tankiest builds you can ever play. Once your EC are up, almost nothing can kill you. Krooner was talking about how to start Izarro fight faster because we have to wait a little bit to gain charges. Other than that, you will have enough damage mitigation to tank all the hits and walk on traps with no problems. You can even tank bearers with no problems. And in addition to its great tankiness, you will have more than enough damage to do all content in the game.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Arrensen wrote:
"
Krooner wrote:

Lab is much, much easier with this build if you're a Juggernaut, not a Chieftain. Traps will grant you charges all the time and in turn make you immortal.

When I'm standing in a spike trap AFK, my life regen is 2k and my armour is 36k. The spikes coming up don't even more the HP bar at all after the first time.

Same goes for the saw and blade traps, but be careful as those don't hit and thus don't constantly provide charges for you. They will drop off eventually and you will get seriously hurt. Most of those obelisk things though, you can use to either get hit for refresh on charges or enduring cry (as it counts as an enemy) to refresh charges.

The crying part works just as well on a Chieftain btw, but gaining max charges is a pain. You'll have to cry at an obelisk 9 times to get 9 charges. All those tears, such a waste of good suffering.

That's the way to do Lab easily though. Obelisks = charge fuel stations.

Would you please be objective for once at least :D ?

First, even if he gains an EC per second after being hit, jugg has 25% chance that if he would gain Endurance Charges, he instead gains up to his maximum number of Endurance Charges. So it is not systematic.

Second, it is true that jugg has easier EC generation, but there are other means to gain EC as Chieftain than using Enduring cry 9 times.

Third,Arrensen was asking if this build is tanky or not, not if jugg is a better lab ranner.

Fourth, would you please stop talking always as if chief is garbage ans jugg is the best class in the world, which is obviously not true :)
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 21, 2018, 11:11:51 AM
Until now, easy killing everything in my way.

To EC i got a Red NIghtmare jewel for mapping, to bosses i go with Enduring cry in some worms(flask), 3EC are ok to start N boss to me.
Ill try my first Uber Elder soon, i believe it will be just fine too.
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Would you please be objective for once at least :D ?

First, even if he gains an EC per second after being hit, jugg has 25% chance that if he would gain Endurance Charges, he instead gains up to his maximum number of Endurance Charges. So it is not systematic.

Second, it is true that jugg has easier EC generation, but there are other means to gain EC as Chieftain than using Enduring cry 9 times.

Third,Arrensen was asking if this build is tanky or not, not if jugg is a better lab ranner.

Fourth, would you please stop talking always as if chief is garbage ans jugg is the best class in the world, which is obviously not true :)

Oh so I can't talk about the class I prefer, but you can put yours on a pedestal constantly? Could you be anymore of a hypocrite? I never said Chief is garbage, by the way, those are your words. Chief and Jugg are so close in performance in this build that it's almost negligible and I've said that time and time again, but there are clear distinctions. I've said and proved that Juggernaut is better in some ways and you're not accepting my proof. I can live with that.

Alright, ignoring that for a moment, would you then please for once give an example of the things you say, like I am constantly doing? You say things, but you don't back them up. It's so annoying to talk to you when you don't back up the things you claim. Maybe I am horribly wrong, I'll gladly admit that, but how I would know? You're so vague that I have no idea what you're talking about!

Here, watch what happens when I do that:

300 + 1 = 1003
Blue = Red
Silver is not a metal, it's a mushroom
Jugg is better than Chief

WHY? What makes it that I say these things? If I can't back them up with a proper reasoning, I'm really just saying things.

It helps to explain things. Tell me how Chief gets his endurance charges faster than crying 9 times? I'll paint the common Lab scenery for you: No mobs, nothing to kill, just traps and an obelisk. Go. :)

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 22, 2018, 7:23:52 AM
After getting the 500 box challenge I decided to try to re-spec into chieftain for the extra damage. Whilst the damage is pretty insane now, I can't help but feel it's gotten massively squishy for me compared to when I was running jugg (during which I could facetank shaper beam + uber elder degens actually gave time to react)

Getting all the new jewellery with tonnes of life was outside of my budget so I'm just working with what I have. So far I'm on 3/4 deadly encounters and nearly at delve 300 (haven't really focused on depth though).

The biggest problem for me so far has just been essentially random damage spikes killing me before I can react even with 9 charges + fortify, it's weird to me because even degens seem to just rail me, like I've bricked 3 uber elder sets because the squid degens or volatile anomaly degens kill me before I can even begin the leap slam animation.

This is a pastebin of the gear I'm currently using - https://pastebin.com/qVRRk8fZ

When I get enough currency to get jewels and an equivalent amulet that actually has a life role, I anticipate it getting a fair bit better.

"
Carrmatt93 wrote:
After getting the 500 box challenge I decided to try to re-spec into chieftain for the extra damage. Whilst the damage is pretty insane now, I can't help but feel it's gotten massively squishy for me compared to when I was running jugg (during which I could facetank shaper beam + uber elder degens actually gave time to react)

Getting all the new jewellery with tonnes of life was outside of my budget so I'm just working with what I have. So far I'm on 3/4 deadly encounters and nearly at delve 300 (haven't really focused on depth though).

The biggest problem for me so far has just been essentially random damage spikes killing me before I can react even with 9 charges + fortify, it's weird to me because even degens seem to just rail me, like I've bricked 3 uber elder sets because the squid degens or volatile anomaly degens kill me before I can even begin the leap slam animation.

This is a pastebin of the gear I'm currently using - https://pastebin.com/qVRRk8fZ

When I get enough currency to get jewels and an equivalent amulet that actually has a life role, I anticipate it getting a fair bit better.

You kind of confirm the 'fears' I had with your experiences. The mitigation difference between the two classes is only a few percentage on paper, which may seem small, but they account for a large portion of damage when you stack them up as high as we do.

Example: 5% higher max resistances, to the naked eye may seem like just 5% damage reduction, but because the regular cap is 75, you'd go from having 25% of the damage going through, to 20% going through. This feels like (and is) 20% damage reduction compared to the old situation.

When you get to the stage of the game where you are, damage is so high that stacking it will barely be noticeable, but the difference between losing a portal and/or 10% exp from a death or not, is huge. Spike damage is the only thing that kills this build and mitigation helps prevent that from happening.

I'll probably be flamed pretty hard for my opinion again saying this here, but eh, life is pain. :)

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 22, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info