[3.3] Pure Skeleton Warriors Summoner, 1.9M Shaper DPS (Videos Inside)

nice build.
Awesome build, thank you!

One question though: Dafuq is going on with the tooltip? When the league started I had average damage, midleage it was DPS (463, huehuehue) and now its completely gone.
Last edited by mdogg on Aug 21, 2018, 5:02:11 AM
"
mdogg wrote:
Awesome build, thank you!

One question though: Dafuq is going on with the tooltip? When the league started I had average damage, midleage it was DPS (463, huehuehue) and now its completely gone.

Tooltip has nothing to do with skelton damage. It is showing the damage that you would deal by casting the gem due to added damage to spells and whatnot (which is effectively nothing anyways because you do not hit with the cast). The switch between average damage and dps is likely because you had it on cast when damage taken or some such thing earlier on.
Last edited by mardukthewolf on Aug 21, 2018, 9:29:00 PM
Last edited by travis1986 on Aug 24, 2018, 5:55:25 PM
"
"
Zorajin wrote:
What do you think of making a build like this for delve? Both considering leaguestarter and for digging some.

Should be able to do well, though unfortunately it won't be able to reach as high end as is possible in the current leagues.

Oh. Was thinking of rolling this in Delve. What's impacting this build in Delve/3.4 that will make it "less good" ?
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"
"
Zorajin wrote:
What do you think of making a build like this for delve? Both considering leaguestarter and for digging some.

Should be able to do well, though unfortunately it won't be able to reach as high end as is possible in the current leagues.

Oh. Was thinking of rolling this in Delve. What's impacting this build in Delve/3.4 that will make it "less good" ?

It should be as strong as ever.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:

Mostly just the fact that there may be no temple mods and it is unknown if there will be access to double corrupts and 21/20 vaal summon skeletons at this time (thus no temple scepters or staffs, more difficult to get +3 gems chests). This means that it is limited as to how high it can go. My main concern is going to be the skeleton life in delves (they are pretty squishy even with level 4 empower and 21/20 vaal skele). You might still be able to make up for this with shaper helmets though, I believe there is a variant a few pages back that uses a shaper helm instead of chest or staff, though it was pretty hard to find a +2/3 minion helm with additional supports when I looked for one.

Its still a breeze to do most bosses with just 20/20 and femurs, its just you may have far fewer options for upgrading beyond femur. The build should work fine unless they make major changes.
Last edited by mardukthewolf on Aug 25, 2018, 3:49:53 PM
Can anyone comment on why Grave Intentions is ignored? I did see a post about having to cast a third time being inefficient, but casting 1 additional time on a minion build where you have a lot of spare time otherwise for 10% more damage hardly seems inefficient to me. Am I missing something?
People keep saying you are using Clarity (lvl 1) just to gain the +20% resistance from Commander of Darkness for your own survival. But don't you already gain the +20% resistance due to your Hatred aura?

Edit: The Hatred aura is supported by Generosity, therefore doesn't apply to your own character and therefore doesn't trigger Commander of Darkness
Last edited by TopMercenary on Aug 28, 2018, 7:43:08 PM
"
Can anyone comment on why Grave Intentions is ignored? I did see a post about having to cast a third time being inefficient, but casting 1 additional time on a minion build where you have a lot of spare time otherwise for 10% more damage hardly seems inefficient to me. Am I missing something?

It comes down to efficiency on the tree, for the most part. For example, on mine it would cost 6 extra points to grab that node vs the 3 nodes out of the way that I go for jewel slots.

On my current setup, one "to dust" grants me 19.4k extra dps per skeleton. That is 194k dps BEFORE vaal summon skeletons has been cast. With vaal skeles, the dps increase exceeds that of one extra skele.

For comparison, my skeles with the jewel do 378k dps and without they do 358k. That is only 164k difference between 1 skele and 1 jewel on a build that has 3.8 mil dps with the same settings. It just isn't worth the 6 point investment.

However, if your version of the build does pass by that node naturally, then its only a 3 point investment and will be worth it.
Last edited by mardukthewolf on Aug 29, 2018, 12:11:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info