PoE ignores captures and deletes your beasts! No warning given!

Is this confirmed or just something seen on reddit? Not sure why I'm asking though because you know, if it's on reddit it has to be true. ;)
Censored.
Wait is this really true? Because if so im fucking out. This league has been beyond ridiculous with its poor mechanics.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I just dont care. If i capture - fine. If not - meh.

Not using recipes, nets just the best i can, most monsters looks the same to me so when on new location i grab several each type. But overall... just meh. Enjoying everything else.
I did like a confirmation from a GGG member actualy.
Interested to know if i have to remove all my beasts to complete this challenge steps by steps, i noticed a beast wasn't in book earlier after capturing it.

If it's the case i will probably just back to standard i have an high level of tolerance with PoE when it come to design, technical issue, humans issues but i spent the day catching them all to eventualy get my full bestiary ... Will double check in a min ...

No offense but my 2018 campaign will be 3x3 month leagues and 3 months polishing and preparing content.
I've this feeling since Harbinger league that you guys don't have enough time to move forward everything looks rushed ( talking about technical issue mostly ) or built on quick userbase analysis at all. You guys need some rest and to slow down a bit before pushing content. That's how i see the game actualy - Victim of it's popularity as always :)
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 10, 2018, 9:02:24 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
/warning, I was a bit pissed when I wrote this.

Let's be honest, the only strong point of this league is capturing beasts. Mainly collecting. That is among others what makes Pokemon so addicting. Today I found out that there is a capture limit of only 30 per beast type. Any further beasts (if their rarity is not higher than the ones in your menagerie) get deleted. Yes deleted. Even if you have never captured them before and they will always display the *NEW* icon. 88 nets later....

Wow... totally stupid. Come on GGG, even if you store the total beasts as an 8 bit unsigned integer that still has a 255 max number so artificially capping max beasts at 30 is totally bad logic and illogical (why do that?). That further kills any desire to hunt and capture beasts. I guess we must all cap our mtx purchases at 30 lifetime to match your programming.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Is this true? I would like to know too.
I do capture beasts fairly often, so if I hit the max and cannot register new ones because of this, it is problematic.
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
I'm more concerned that one of the League challenges is to register all the beasts in the game into your Bestiary Poekedex. And it seems like you can't register a beast if your capture fails because your bestiary is full.
Oh wow I did not even notice that yet. I was just capturing them all because I wanted too but it indeed is a challenge.

"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
Yesterday I found a beast that had the new icon indicating I hadn't caught one yet. So I netted it. And it Einhar came and took it. But it didn't register as a new beast capture. I checked by pokedex and it was still unchecked in the book - but I noticed I was 'full' of that type of beast. Later in the level I found a rare version, caught it, and it registered. *snip*
This league mechanic is a cluster-F of poorly conceived and clearly untested mechanics.
Actually I assume it will always capture a beast if it is more rare than the least rare version you had captured before. But I assume the rarity is based on white-magic-rare-legendary scale and not on 'true-rareness' (rare mobs can easily be more rare than uniques) and thus it could also seriously hurt your wealth.
I'm not 100% sure about this but seeing how POORLY some mechanics have been implemented, it would not surprise me at all.

"
Starxsword wrote:
Is this true? I would like to know too.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Wait is this really true? Because if so im fucking out. This league has been beyond ridiculous with its poor mechanics.
Yes it is true and proven. My original post in this topic confirms it (the 2 screenshots) and Reddit confirmed it and another poster here also claims it to be true. It could theoretically be a bug but that is very unlikely as the book itself also seems to show a limit of 30.

"
Heli0nix wrote:
I did like a confirmation from a GGG member actualy.
I too would like some official answers. This limit breaks the whole league for me personally. I can live with quite some errors and bugs but this mechanic literally counters the whole league for me.

Let me get this....

Every time You catch new best there is opening in Bestiary Book. But You want all of them in petting zoo? Cmon...
"
de99ial wrote:
Let me get this....

Every time You catch new best there is opening in Bestiary Book. But You want all of them in petting zoo? Cmon...
No you get it wrong I think. They won't even appear in your book either. They just get deleted and the capture itself does not even count.
Last edited by silverdash on Mar 11, 2018, 9:40:46 AM
"
silverdash wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
Let me get this....

No you get it wrong I think. They won't even appear in your book either. They just get deleted and the capture itself does not even count.

Seriously? Then what is the point of that whole bestiary book?

EDIT

Just checked. Description pages stays unlocked. What are changing are captured beasts. You keep last ones with highiest level fo kind.
Last edited by de99ial on Mar 11, 2018, 5:20:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info